THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Aug 01, 2009, 12:53am   #1
joeyjoejoejr
Professional

joeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud of
Default July

July was good, with rakeback and omaha well over 50K.
Should have another 1K but I just lost it to some frenchman playing some weird form of poker

Do you think my $/100 at 10/20 NL is sustainable?

Last edited by joeyjoejoejr; Aug 01, 2009 at 12:56am.
joeyjoejoejr est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Aug 01, 2009, 2:30am   #2
Gus
Professional

Gus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the rough

very nice man

up about 25K
Gus est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 01, 2009, 3:38am   #3
Fredrik
Professional

Fredrik will become famous soon enoughFredrik will become famous soon enough

Sick results Joey and Gus. I'm jealous. I haven't had results like that for almost two years now.

It's been a very frustrating month for me. I still haven't really rebuilt my bankroll since the absurd losing months (Oct-Jan), but at the beginning of the month I still felt confident enough to start mixing in some 3/6 NL again, and of course I started out running really bad. Every KK ran into AA and so on. It tilted me a little bit, and I was down to -11K in about a week. Spent the rest of the month rebuilding that.

Cash games: +400 (40K hands)
Tournaments: -1100 (15)
Rakeback: +1700
Total: +1000

I think I play really well most of the time (in cash games), but the tilty moments are probably hurting my results a lot. I really need to force myself to think hard every time I'm considering making some weird float, big bluff, or big calldown. Not sure how I should do it though. Maybe I should just quit my sessions immediately if I feel that I start doing things on auto-pilot, like not thinking about which flops I should C-bet, or forgetting to adjust my preflop raise size (make it smaller, or even limp) when there's a shortstack on my left.

I intend to play mostly 3/6 in august, and to try really hard to get a good month. Something like +15K. I won't consider mixing in some 5/10 NL unless I'm up at least 10K for the month (maybe just 5K if there's an enormous superfish at one of those tables).

I've also been thinking about learning PLO or limit O8 or something. There are still some huge fish at the NL tables, but there are lots of good players too. Too many for this to be an easy way to make a living. Of course, it's not going to be easy to get really good at those other games either.
Fredrik est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 01, 2009, 12:32pm   #4
shabak
Doyle Look-alike

shabak is on a distinguished road

400NL +800
200NL +1400
100NL +2900
live +400
PLO -400
prop bet -300
=+5k

was up 2k more yesterday but lost it like a person with retardation. still very not pleased from the way i play, just feel i had a very lucky month. really considering quiting this poker thing, maybe going back to playing more live. i just dont feel i have enough control over the game and that there are much better players than me, and that frustrates me.
would like to hear advices from people that were in a similar spot, or werent in this spot but think they might have a good advice

also joey thats a sick month, keep crushing.
________
HERBALAIRE REVIEW

Last edited by shabak; Apr 30, 2011 at 9:42pm.
shabak est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 01, 2009, 5:53pm   #5
rpark
Doyle Look-alike

rpark will become famous soon enough

Good stuff guys, pretty sic,

+$2.1K over 14K hands, all Holdem. Gonna give PLO another shot in August.
rpark est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 02, 2009, 4:52am   #6
Red4Eva
Grinder

Red4Eva is a splendid one to beholdRed4Eva is a splendid one to beholdRed4Eva is a splendid one to beholdRed4Eva is a splendid one to beholdRed4Eva is a splendid one to beholdRed4Eva is a splendid one to behold
Default ~

thank god its over.

-$1.5k in rb
-$700 in bonuses
-$850~ from live games

-1.5k$~ total

yuck
Red4Eva est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 02, 2009, 5:55am   #7
Mbradycf
Doyle Look-alike

Mbradycf will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Mbradycf

+$1150 at 50NL and 50PLO

I cashed in like 2 MTTs out of 25, so I think I lost 200 there

I'm quite pleased after losing $350 in a 200 hand session in Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport near the end of the month as my flight was delayed.

@joeyjoejr, lol what were you doing playing 7 hands at 2kNL?
ALOT OF THE PEOPLE ON THE internet plays like pussys they got no gamble in them. They also aint very aggressive. The only time there aggressive is preflop. Post flop they play like bitches calling bets never raising unless the got the nuts. And 99.9% of the time that A PLAYER raiseS preflop they cbet the flop. AND THE CALLER ALWAYS FOLD TO THE CBET THINKING EVERY PREFLOP RAISER HAS A BIG POCKET PAIR. Basically they play terrible post flop.
Mbradycf est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 02, 2009, 7:20am   #8
Fredrik
Professional

Fredrik will become famous soon enoughFredrik will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red4Eva View Post
-$1.5k in rb
-$700 in bonuses
-$850~ from live games

-1.5k$~ total
You lost money on rakeback and bonuses?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredrik View Post
I think I play really well most of the time (in cash games), but the tilty moments are probably hurting my results a lot.
I just played my first session for the month, and it became a good example of what I'm talking about. I played near perfect poker except for two hands that I butchered beyond belief:

------------------
HAND #1
------------------

Full Tilt Poker, $3/$6 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

Hero (SB): $600
BB: $1,281.80
UTG: $556.40
MP: $260.35
CO: $120
BTN: $1,010.65

Pre-Flop: A A dealt to Hero (SB)
UTG calls $6, 2 folds, BTN raises to $27, Hero calls $24, BB calls $21, UTG calls $21

Flop: ($108) 9 T 8 (4 Players)
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, BTN bets $78, Hero raises to $180,
2 folds, BTN raises to $983.65 and is All-In, Hero calls $393 and is All-In

Turn: ($1,254) 3 (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

River: ($1,254) 8 (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

Results: $1,254 Pot ($3 Rake)
Hero showed A A (two pair, Aces and Eights) and LOST (-$600 NET)
BTN showed 7 6 (a straight, Ten high) and WON $1,251 (+$651 NET)

------------------
HAND #2
------------------

Full Tilt Poker, $3/$6 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

BB: $645
UTG: $490.65
MP: $533
Hero (CO): $745.05
BTN: $562.05
SB: $584

Pre-Flop: J Q dealt to Hero (CO)
2 folds, Hero raises to $21, BTN folds, SB calls $18, BB folds

Flop: ($48) Q K Q (2 Players)
SB checks, Hero bets $35, SB calls $35

Turn: ($118) 4 (2 Players)
SB bets $528 and is All-In, Hero calls $528

River: ($1,174) 2 (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

Results: $1,174 Pot ($3 Rake)
Hero showed J Q (three of a kind, Queens) and LOST (-$584 NET)
SB showed Q K (a full house, Queens full of Kings) and WON $1,171 (+$587 NET)

It was an 800 hand session and these two hands cost me a lot more than I can possibly expect to win on average over 800 hands, and I wasn't particularly unlucky here. I just played these hands extremely badly. I really have no idea why I do these things. I didn't take any bad beats the entire session, so I wasn't even on tilt. My thoughts during that QJ hand was just "I have a Q, he's a fish, I call", but seriously, even a fish has AQ or better there at least 99% of the time (and someone who isn't a fish would never play the hand that way). If I had spent 3 seconds thinking about it instead of 0.5 seconds, I would have saved 88 bb. The AA hand is much worse, not in terms of money, but because I made several mistakes in one hand.

I got a good result for the session, about +1K, but it should have been +2K.

Last edited by Fredrik; Aug 02, 2009 at 7:25am.
Fredrik est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 02, 2009, 2:38pm   #9
Red4Eva
Grinder

Red4Eva is a splendid one to beholdRed4Eva is a splendid one to beholdRed4Eva is a splendid one to beholdRed4Eva is a splendid one to beholdRed4Eva is a splendid one to beholdRed4Eva is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredrik View Post
You lost money on rakeback and bonuses?

should of put +'s. the rb+bonuses got me a little above even.
Red4Eva est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 02, 2009, 4:26pm   #10
SwoopAE
CAPITAO

SwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Down a couple k from the second half of my Vegas trip and a couple hundred online. Haven't put any volume in at all. Off to Vic Champs in 2 days to play more live poker.

SwoopAE est déconnecté   Reply With Quote