THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Aug 23, 2009, 4:41pm   #1
Feanor
Professional

Feanor is a glorious beacon of lightFeanor is a glorious beacon of lightFeanor is a glorious beacon of lightFeanor is a glorious beacon of lightFeanor is a glorious beacon of light
Default PLO HiLo hand

Party Poker $25 Pot Limit Omaha Hi - 10 players - View hand 249186
The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter
MP1: $25.00
MP2: $20.63
MP3: $24.09
CO: $5.76
BTN: $21.87
SB: $9.75
Hero (BB): $8.75
UTG: $22.33
UTG+1: $42.56
UTG+2: $25.40
Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is BB with 9 3 A A
1 fold, UTG+1 calls $0.25, 6 folds, SB raises to $0.75, Hero calls $0.50, UTG+1 calls $0.50
Flop: ($2.25) J 5 K (3 players)
SB checks, Hero bets $1.07, UTG+1 raises to $5.35, SB raises to $9 all in

questions:
raise preflop instead of call ?
check flop instead of bet , if bet, bet potsize ?
and finally: what to do on the 3bet, do i fold ?

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Aug 24, 2009, 9:45pm   #2
Mbradycf
Doyle Look-alike

Mbradycf will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Mbradycf

I defiantly call the all in since you're only about 30 BBs deep. Had you been 100 BBs I'd fold, but nfd+overpair+backdoor low draw is good enough getting about 2.5 to 1 at the least
ALOT OF THE PEOPLE ON THE internet plays like pussys they got no gamble in them. They also aint very aggressive. The only time there aggressive is preflop. Post flop they play like bitches calling bets never raising unless the got the nuts. And 99.9% of the time that A PLAYER raiseS preflop they cbet the flop. AND THE CALLER ALWAYS FOLD TO THE CBET THINKING EVERY PREFLOP RAISER HAS A BIG POCKET PAIR. Basically they play terrible post flop.
Mbradycf est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2009, 9:57pm   #3
Ozone
The One Who Knocks

Ozone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Ozone

As short as you are, I think you should re-pop it preflop and get the rest of it in on just about any flop, especially this one.

"How do I become more pro? I gotta learn math?" - fuedallord
Ozone est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2009, 10:02pm   #4
Feanor
Professional

Feanor is a glorious beacon of lightFeanor is a glorious beacon of lightFeanor is a glorious beacon of lightFeanor is a glorious beacon of lightFeanor is a glorious beacon of light

ok thank you guys
i shoved and lost the race np

now, lets asume the same hand with 100BB
should i play the same way preflop (call) ?
and should i bet on the flop ?

thanks
Old Aug 24, 2009, 10:19pm   #5
Jimbotbs
Grinder

Jimbotbs will become famous soon enoughJimbotbs will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor View Post
now, lets asume the same hand with 100BB
should i play the same way preflop (call) ?
and should i bet on the flop ?
Preflop depends on you style. Raising and calling are both fine. If you call the preflop raise, bet the flop. When UTG raises, I would call and reevaluate the turn.

Without a read, I would get it on any low card (not a 3) or flush card.
Jimbotbs est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2009, 5:16pm   #6
Feanor
Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbotbs View Post
Preflop depends on you style. Raising and calling are both fine. If you call the preflop raise, bet the flop. When UTG raises, I would call and reevaluate the turn.

Without a read, I would get it on any low card (not a 3) or flush card.
sounds good
thanks
Old Nov 26, 2009, 9:58pm   #7
Aaxiomi
Fish

Aaxiomi is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Aaxiomi
Default PLO HiLo hand

Unless villain is a supernit Im not folding here. I think he often shows up with a straight draw lower flush draw or something like top two pair, both of which we are in fine shape against. The hand you really hate to be up against here is AAxx with the nut flush draw but, given the preflop action, the villain isnt going to show up with that. I would prefer to just raise on the flop to try to take it down right there; if you know you have to stack off if the player behind you raises Id probably prefer to just raise myself, particularly if you can get the third player to fold a naked nut flush draw.As to Aarons point - I regard this as a premium hand in plo. In six max, whether its cash or a tourney, Im open-raising this hand 100 of the time and raising any limpers 100 of the time too. If you are playing just your super-premiums or when you are on the button in six max you are going to get run over by anyone whos even semi-competent. Additionally, youre going to be playing your hands fairly face-up a lot of the time if youre that tight. I get really excited playing against players who are running like a 12 vpip and 6 preflop raise in six max because they are the easiest players to play against.
Aaxiomi est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 01, 2009, 2:00pm   #8
SwoopAE
CAPITAO

SwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Repot pre obviously this short and get the rest in on 90%+ of flops

As played, insta get it in, you've got runner runner 2nd nut low and straight draws, nut flush draw makes you at least 30% for the high 3way, etc. - the aces may also give you an additional two to five outs for the high depending on what your opponents have as well (ideal scenario is AKJ4 and AKJ6 or similar for both villains)

You're up against a bunch of set/2p/straight/flush draws mostly (often with runner runner low draws) and if there's no A2 there's a decent shot you freeroll half even if you don't make the flush.

If I have to guess, one villain has KKxx or JJxx and the other has something like AQT4. You're in fine shape against that, get it in. Also bet pot on the flop instead if you're going to lead, making playing for stacks better.

I mean, you flatted pre to disguise your hand and get it in on almost any flop, this one isn't bad, so why would you fold?

SwoopAE est déconnecté   Reply With Quote