German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum

Go Back   PokerTips.org Forums > General Discussion > Site Reviews

Old Aug 26, 2009, 9:06pm   #1
Mbradycf
Doyle Look-alike

Mbradycf will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Mbradycf
Default Convince me not to deposit on UB/Absolute

I recently noticed that I love everything about AP. They have 50nl with antes, they have 72 bounties, bad beat jackpots are kinda cool, and I like the software.

I've never paid a ton of attention to the negative allegations outside the superuser scandal surrounding Cereus... can anyone knock some sense into me and convince me not to do this
ALOT OF THE PEOPLE ON THE internet plays like pussys they got no gamble in them. They also aint very aggressive. The only time there aggressive is preflop. Post flop they play like bitches calling bets never raising unless the got the nuts. And 99.9% of the time that A PLAYER raiseS preflop they cbet the flop. AND THE CALLER ALWAYS FOLD TO THE CBET THINKING EVERY PREFLOP RAISER HAS A BIG POCKET PAIR. Basically they play terrible post flop.
Mbradycf est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Aug 26, 2009, 9:43pm   #2
Timbilo
Not violating T & C

Timbilo is just really niceTimbilo is just really niceTimbilo is just really niceTimbilo is just really niceTimbilo is just really nice

HEM works with the 72 tables now as well. Plus, its easy to datamine. Finally, I withdrew the majority of my online roll for a down payment on my first house (slight hijack brag). I requested the check on a Tuesday and paid the extra money for a carrier delivery- I received my fedex envelope on Thursday, and the check, being from a US bank, cleared on Friday.

As long as you aren't a huge SNG player or a 20 table robot nit you might as well.

The play is much worse than on Stars or Tilt IMO. After I withdrew I left myself 12 buyins at 100NL, then proceeded to run 6 buy-ins under EV in approx. 330 hands last Friday night against a fish shoving/calling buy-ins off preflop with ATC (/Hijack bad beat).

I'm looking on the bright side though- I've always wanted to develop a strong HU cash game, and now that I'm forced down to 25NL for the immediate future I'm going to take the HU ball and run.
Timbilo est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2009, 1:09pm   #3
Maddox_23
Grinder

Maddox_23 is a splendid one to beholdMaddox_23 is a splendid one to beholdMaddox_23 is a splendid one to beholdMaddox_23 is a splendid one to beholdMaddox_23 is a splendid one to beholdMaddox_23 is a splendid one to behold

despite all rumours about cereus, i always loved playing on UB...to me the NL games are a little tougher on UB (from nl100+), limit cashgames are fishy as hell up to 15/30 and low/midstakes mtt's are pretty soft...so imo a good site..
Maddox_23 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2009, 2:05pm   #4
2muchMONEY
[♥] PTips

2muchMONEY has a reputation beyond repute2muchMONEY has a reputation beyond repute2muchMONEY has a reputation beyond repute2muchMONEY has a reputation beyond repute2muchMONEY has a reputation beyond repute2muchMONEY has a reputation beyond repute2muchMONEY has a reputation beyond repute2muchMONEY has a reputation beyond repute2muchMONEY has a reputation beyond repute2muchMONEY has a reputation beyond repute2muchMONEY has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to 2muchMONEY Send a message via AIM to 2muchMONEY Send a message via Yahoo to 2muchMONEY
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddox_23 View Post
despite all rumours about cereus,...
figured you don't know what rumour means so i looked it up for you.
next time you should use "fact" in that context.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambridge Learner's Dictionary
rumour1 UK (US rumor) Show phonetics
noun [C]
a fact that a lot of people are talking about although they do not know if it is true
to spread rumours
to deny rumours
[+ (that)] I heard a rumour that you were leaving.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambridge Learner's Dictionary
fact Show phonetics
noun
1 TRUE THING [C] something that you know is true, exists, or has happened
I'm not angry that you drove my car, it's just the fact that you didn't ask me first.
No decision will be made until we know all the facts.
He knew for a fact (= was certain) that Natalie was lying.

2 REAL THINGS [u] real events and experiences, not things that are imagined
It's hard to separate fact from fiction in what she says.

3 in fact/in actual fact/as a matter of fact

a EMPHASIZING TRUTH used to emphasize what is really true
I was told there were some tickets left, but in actual fact they were sold out.

b MORE INFORMATION used when giving more information about something
"Is Isabel coming?" "Yes. As a matter of fact, she should be here soon."

4 the fact (of the matter) is used to tell someone that something is the truth
I wouldn't usually ask for your help, but the fact is I'm desperate.

5 the facts of life
details about sexual activity and the way that babies are born

(from Cambridge Learner's Dictionary)

By the Way , war ich in Uruguay hob von dort mein anderes Verhalten
-forum spammer

2muchMONEY est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2009, 7:28pm   #5
SwoopAE
CAPITAO

SwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

If you want to give your rake to a bunch of thieving corporate scumbags then go right ahead. It's your choice. If UB/AP are caught doing any other shady stuff (moderately likely) then don't come crying to us when you can't get your money back.

You've been warned. Now go take your dirty money from the AP/UB fish.

Personal Note: Although I like the interface/games at Serious Poker Land, I don't play at UB/AP anymore, I think because of the scandal they deserve to go out of business and don't deserve my rake.

It's like buying cage eggs from the supermarket instead of free range eggs because they're slightly cheaper.

SwoopAE est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2009, 5:29am   #6
IronLen1972
Degenerate

IronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant future
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

There has to be a line somewhere.

With all of the shady transactions, and factual incidents that are on record it should be a simple decision.

Do not deposit there because, by your action you then condone implicitly how they do business.

We are duty bound at this fragile point in the poker industry to support the good ones, and leave the ones that give the game a black eye to fester and die.

Remember, when it comes down to it, we won't see legislators mentioning the good sites like full tilt and poker stars when they want to shoot our game down. They will talk about automated players, money laundering, cheaters, and scumbags....guess who fits that description?
Old Aug 28, 2009, 1:11pm   #7
Maddox_23
Grinder

Maddox_23 is a splendid one to beholdMaddox_23 is a splendid one to beholdMaddox_23 is a splendid one to beholdMaddox_23 is a splendid one to beholdMaddox_23 is a splendid one to beholdMaddox_23 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2muchMONEY View Post
figured you don't know what rumour means so i looked it up for you.
next time you should use "fact" in that context.

thank you!

next time im gonna post in italian and you don't have to waste your time giving me lessons...

so, despit the "FACT" that UB is rigged, i keep playing there...it makes no difference to me if UB takes my money or the better players on other sites
Old Aug 28, 2009, 1:50pm   #8
2muchMONEY
[♥] PTips

2muchMONEY has a reputation beyond repute2muchMONEY has a reputation beyond repute2muchMONEY has a reputation beyond repute2muchMONEY has a reputation beyond repute2muchMONEY has a reputation beyond repute2muchMONEY has a reputation beyond repute2muchMONEY has a reputation beyond repute2muchMONEY has a reputation beyond repute2muchMONEY has a reputation beyond repute2muchMONEY has a reputation beyond repute2muchMONEY has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to 2muchMONEY Send a message via AIM to 2muchMONEY Send a message via Yahoo to 2muchMONEY
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
thank you!

next time im gonna post in italian and you don't have to waste your time giving me lessons...
wasn't lecturing you because you're not a native speaker but because you made it sound like the whole superuser scandal is a rumour when it's clearly not. hell,they even admitted it!

Quote:
so, despit the "FACT" that UB is rigged, i keep playing there...it makes no difference to me if UB takes my money or the better players on other sites
again this is rly not debatable. it is a fact.
and remember, you could get better in poker and eventually beat the "better" players but you'll never be able to win against the cheating scumbags who run that site.

By the Way , war ich in Uruguay hob von dort mein anderes Verhalten
-forum spammer

2muchMONEY est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2009, 5:28pm   #9
Maddox_23
Grinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2muchMONEY View Post
wasn't lecturing you because you're not a native speaker but because you made it sound like the whole superuser scandal is a rumour when it's clearly not. hell,they even admitted it!

again this is rly not debatable. it is a fact.
and remember, you could get better in poker and eventually beat the "better" players but you'll never be able to win against the cheating scumbags who run that site.

come on man, relax i was joking around

i know what you meant, and your absolutley right about it...the UB scandal was a huge thing...however, seems like im one of those who have to feel it on theyr own 'till they are convinced...

a couple of months ago i cashed out all my money from all sites because i hadn't any time to play so i have no money left on UB, but i still have to say that i always enjoyed playing there, and i never had any problems with cashouts ecc. ecc.... i wouldn't leave much money on that network, but i admit that i would get back there to play some tourneys...

ah, i was also joking about that "i can't win on other sites" thing...
fortunatley
Old Aug 28, 2009, 5:32pm   #10
Maddox_23
Grinder

oh, and your also right about my spelling...i knew the meaning of "rumour" but just after you told me about it i noticed how it sounds in my post...the translation made it sound differentley from what i wanted to say...