THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Aug 28, 2009, 5:18pm   #1
Feanor
Professional

Feanor is a glorious beacon of lightFeanor is a glorious beacon of lightFeanor is a glorious beacon of lightFeanor is a glorious beacon of lightFeanor is a glorious beacon of light
Default 5 card draw hand

i get dealt
TTQKA rainbow
which cards should i discard ?

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Aug 28, 2009, 5:44pm   #2
2muchMONEY
[♥] PTips

2muchMONEY has a reputation beyond repute2muchMONEY has a reputation beyond repute2muchMONEY has a reputation beyond repute2muchMONEY has a reputation beyond repute2muchMONEY has a reputation beyond repute2muchMONEY has a reputation beyond repute2muchMONEY has a reputation beyond repute2muchMONEY has a reputation beyond repute2muchMONEY has a reputation beyond repute2muchMONEY has a reputation beyond repute2muchMONEY has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to 2muchMONEY Send a message via AIM to 2muchMONEY Send a message via Yahoo to 2muchMONEY
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

no hh? guess that's a live hand?
anyway, what's your position? any infos on your table?
i mean keeping the pair should be pretty obv but you should rly post more infos if you want any real help.

By the Way , war ich in Uruguay hob von dort mein anderes Verhalten
-forum spammer

2muchMONEY est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2009, 7:44pm   #3
Feanor
Professional

Feanor is a glorious beacon of lightFeanor is a glorious beacon of lightFeanor is a glorious beacon of lightFeanor is a glorious beacon of lightFeanor is a glorious beacon of light

5 handed table 5c/10c game
pretty passive play, i was basically the active player here
i was UTG+2 and we had 4 players in the pot
i kept TTA and discarded KQ, i got 2 trash cards (8 and 2 or something like that)

is there much of another choice for discarding ?
Old Aug 28, 2009, 7:54pm   #4
CBone
Microdonk till ∞

CBone has much to be proud ofCBone has much to be proud ofCBone has much to be proud ofCBone has much to be proud ofCBone has much to be proud ofCBone has much to be proud ofCBone has much to be proud ofCBone has much to be proud ofCBone has much to be proud ofCBone has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to CBone Send a message via Skype™ to CBone

Discard 3 for a 50% higher chance to get another T. Keeping an A is stupid, what for?
Old Aug 28, 2009, 8:52pm   #5
2muchMONEY
[♥] PTips

2muchMONEY has a reputation beyond repute2muchMONEY has a reputation beyond repute2muchMONEY has a reputation beyond repute2muchMONEY has a reputation beyond repute2muchMONEY has a reputation beyond repute2muchMONEY has a reputation beyond repute2muchMONEY has a reputation beyond repute2muchMONEY has a reputation beyond repute2muchMONEY has a reputation beyond repute2muchMONEY has a reputation beyond repute2muchMONEY has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to 2muchMONEY Send a message via AIM to 2muchMONEY Send a message via Yahoo to 2muchMONEY
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBone View Post
Keeping an A is stupid, what for?
hoping to check it through i suppose.

but TT from an early position should be a fold anyway.

-forum spammer

Old Aug 28, 2009, 9:09pm   #6
CBone
Microdonk till ∞

CBone has much to be proud ofCBone has much to be proud ofCBone has much to be proud ofCBone has much to be proud ofCBone has much to be proud ofCBone has much to be proud ofCBone has much to be proud ofCBone has much to be proud ofCBone has much to be proud ofCBone has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to CBone Send a message via Skype™ to CBone

In the HJ I could see myself opening it, dunno. Still, nobody checks trips, there is no use in keeping an A in my opinion. Remember when we donated at 2/4, I sent you a link to some article on 5CD in Cardplayer. You still got that, I couldn't find it anymore?
Old Aug 28, 2009, 9:36pm   #7
Feanor
Professional

Quote:
Discard 3 for a 50% higher chance to get another T. Keeping an A is stupid, what for?
thats why i asked why what to discard
Old Aug 28, 2009, 9:49pm   #8
2muchMONEY
[♥] PTips

Quote:
In the HJ I could see myself opening it, dunno.
donk

Quote:
Still, nobody checks trips, there is no use in keeping an A in my opinion.
just thought that this was probably the reasoning behind that. and depending how passive they were that might even have worked here (not that he would gain much from it either way)

Quote:
Remember when we donated at 2/4, I sent you a link to some article on 5CD in Cardplayer. You still got that, I couldn't find it anymore?
just google Michael Wiesenberg +draw or something like that.

-forum spammer

Last edited by 2muchMONEY; Aug 28, 2009 at 9:58pm.
Old Aug 29, 2009, 2:53pm   #9
gustavv
High Roller

gustavv has a reputation beyond reputegustavv has a reputation beyond reputegustavv has a reputation beyond reputegustavv has a reputation beyond reputegustavv has a reputation beyond reputegustavv has a reputation beyond reputegustavv has a reputation beyond reputegustavv has a reputation beyond reputegustavv has a reputation beyond reputegustavv has a reputation beyond reputegustavv has a reputation beyond repute

Just play ABC in a 5c/10c game. That said, discard QKA.

Quote:
Kommentar:
Experte darf sich jeder nennen. Das Wort ist nicht geschützt. Also weisse bescheid? Euer Kommentar- Experte

Quote:
Seid ihr und ist das deutsche Volk entschlossen, wenn die Kanzlerin es befiehlt, zehn, zwölf und - wenn nötig - vierzehn und sechzehn Stunden täglich zu arbeiten und das Letzte herzugeben für den Euro?
gustavv est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2009, 9:30pm   #10
staphros
Wolf Game LVP

staphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant future

Yeah keeping the pair is the only real choce here - no need to pretend you have more than a pair. There is no other reason to keep an A as it hurts your trips potentia much, much more than the sliight chance if gives at nut 2 pair.

Usually playing lower limit 5CD ABC means letting all early pairs < JJ go (not a hard/fast rule). As its passive i guess you could play the TT early but i'm not sure if it would really be EV+.
staphros est déconnecté   Reply With Quote