THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Sep 02, 2009, 5:22pm   #1
darryl
Still can't quit day job.

darryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud of
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!
Default August

It's super dead here, not even a "How was your August?" Thread.

I was out for about a third of the month and could play. Even still, the few times I played live, I came out ahead a couple of buy-in's. Pretty much break even online.

-d
darryl est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Sep 02, 2009, 8:09pm   #2
Red4Eva
Grinder

Red4Eva is a splendid one to beholdRed4Eva is a splendid one to beholdRed4Eva is a splendid one to beholdRed4Eva is a splendid one to beholdRed4Eva is a splendid one to beholdRed4Eva is a splendid one to behold

meh
Red4Eva est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 02, 2009, 8:15pm   #3
KTC
Grinder

KTC will become famous soon enough

Massive +, % wise, even if it's not a lot in actual $$$

Background:
Had a few hundred left over FPP on PokerStars, so started playing freerolls and FPP MTT middle of July. Before the end of the month, had used up those FPP with the odd $ placing to show for it, which I then use up entering things.

Right at the start of the month, played in a $100,000 UK & Ireland freeroll I had qualified for sometime in July. Ended up 1405th LOL, but that paid $12 anyhow. Used that and started playing (what seems like) lots of $1 double or nothing, and the $1 nightly UK and Ireland Poker League Div 1. Got bored with the double or nothing somewhere along the line and entered a proper SnG for $3 and won it. A 6th in a $1 super satellite into this month UK&IE only WCOOP ME satellite gave me another $20, which meant enough to play $3 6-max. A win in one of the nightly UK&IE $1 and an UK&IE $11 super satellite helps.

Last 3rd of the month has me started playing $6.50 6-max hovering at around $200, and doing well in the UK league. Top 100 come the end of the month gets $$$, and I'm mid table with the win plus a few ITM. Push for top 25 and got it. Push for top 10 and was there. Suddenly, top 5 look doable, and a couple of FT meant I was there. Hold on, what's this? I'm 4th. 2nd! Oh, 3rd (where did he come from?!?). 2nd again!

Going into 2nd last night of the month, I was joint 2nd with 1st a win away (yeah right... ), and so is desperately fighting for 2nd. Both of us goes deep while everyone else at the top was out. Unfortunately I crashed out just before FT in 11th with AQ and good stack against massive stack bully with QJ, while the other guy mid FT.

Last night and I could finish table between 1st ($300) and 6th ($40) depending on how results goes. A 3rd for me, with top guy not ITM would have me 1st. FT, and 2nd guy not ITM gets 2nd for me. Me not ITM and the 3 below me FT, or they get first few places and I'm down. One by one they fall, until the last player in the top 6 other than me goes out on the bubble, and I'm safely in 3rd.

Now I can dream. FT here I come! And I'm there, and, and.... 3rd!!!! That's $14 from the tournament, but more importantly, by 1 point 1st in the league and $300. Thank you PokerStars.
KTC est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 02, 2009, 9:10pm   #4
kid hustlr
Professional

kid hustlr is a splendid one to beholdkid hustlr is a splendid one to beholdkid hustlr is a splendid one to beholdkid hustlr is a splendid one to beholdkid hustlr is a splendid one to beholdkid hustlr is a splendid one to behold

Its dead here because the few people who actually want to discuss poker on this website just do it in that IRC channel. I don't blame them though. The rest just discuss poker in the German section.

As my 2nd month of 'full time playing' it went well so I cant complain, here's to a lot of volume in September

gl all

"lucky in love, unlucky at cards", you must have bought yourself a fuck by now.
kid hustlr est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 02, 2009, 9:30pm   #5
darryl
Still can't quit day job.

darryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud of
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kid hustlr View Post
Its dead here because the few people who actually want to discuss poker on this website just do it in that IRC channel. I don't blame them though. The rest just discuss poker in the German section.
Yeah, I should really IRC, but I find I'd waste a lot of time.
Oh well, I hope the whole English section doesn't just die, that would make me sad. I really don't want to go to the other forums.

-d
darryl est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 02, 2009, 9:37pm   #6
kid hustlr
Professional

kid hustlr is a splendid one to beholdkid hustlr is a splendid one to beholdkid hustlr is a splendid one to beholdkid hustlr is a splendid one to beholdkid hustlr is a splendid one to beholdkid hustlr is a splendid one to behold

the weekly shuffles are still worth reading

"lucky in love, unlucky at cards", you must have bought yourself a fuck by now.
kid hustlr est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 03, 2009, 1:17am   #7
MikkeD
Poker Hobo

MikkeD is a jewel in the roughMikkeD is a jewel in the roughMikkeD is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by kid hustlr View Post
its dead here because the few people who actually want to discuss drunken poker on this website just do it in that irc channel. I don't blame them though. The rest just discuss poker in the german section.

As my 2nd month of 'full time playing' it went well so i cant complain, here's to a lot of volume in september

gl all
fyp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbJqswLi3uE

nm

I get a penny here and there - it's like a flock of doves left and each of them pooped 1c into my account.

What the medications can't do - let Floyd do the rest.

*sigh* Used to be a good site.

MikkeD est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 03, 2009, 1:20am   #8
joeyjoejoejr
Professional

joeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud of

I won about 10K in my normal FR grinding mostly 2/4NL over 70000 hands

I also did some stupid things online like playing drunk 100/200 8 game and such. I only lost about 2K there mostly because of a large 25/50 PLO hand I won.

I played a lot of live poker this month. I did well winning 14K. Mostly from two great sessions, 5K at 30/60 , 6K at 5/10 NL. I also played a lot of 20/40, one 50/1 session and some 10/20NL.

The 10/20 NL game was amazing. It was my first time playing live at those stakes and I expected better than average live play. I was wrong it wasnt much different than a 1/2 or 2/5 live NL game. The 50/1 game was very tough however and it was the first time in a while where I felt I was -ev in a live game.

Hand from live 10/20NL to show example of the play.

It was limped 6way preflop and checked around to the river.

Board was 2345J.

SB led out half pot, BB raised smallish, SB raised smallish, BB raised twice the last bet, SB shoved about 2K more, BB snap called and opened his A6 with confidence. SB of course had 67.
joeyjoejoejr est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 03, 2009, 5:38am   #9
SwoopAE
CAPITAO

SwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Up about 2k online despite failing to hit any significant scores, made three final tables this week for a sixth and two eighths thanks to running 1/8 in all in preflop spots with an average of about 55% equity. Been playing reasonably well but low volume hurts, I really need to sort out moving into my new house permanently so i'm not moving around all the time.

Down about 5k at Vic Champs live if Vic champs were at the start of August (it might have been the end of July, I kinda forget)

Done with live poker for a while, hopefully I can grind out a few 5k months or hit a big score for a 10k+ month over the rest of the year.

SwoopAE est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 03, 2009, 12:40pm   #10
Gus
Professional

Gus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the rough

very mediocre month at +7500... mae a huddddge comeback at the end of the month after a never ending of increibly boring days at -200$, -300$... god it was like walking through the sahara
Gus est déconnecté   Reply With Quote