THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Sep 10, 2009, 3:44pm   #1
wizard210
Doyle Look-alike

wizard210 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to wizard210
Default PLO25 - Set of 77's

Not real sure about this hand. Are set's just as strong in PLO as they are in NLH. I haven't ran this through a simulator yet to see.

What's everyones thoughts on this? Am I wrong to get it in here?

Villian had been running pretty well at the table. I've seen him get it in twice where he had flopped the nuts. Two hands before this he lost AA vs. Straight. But straight hit on river. If anything I put him on a flush draw like he was, plus a little bit of tilt due to his comments in the chat( pathetic, always happens, donk)

http://www.pokerxfactor.com/SH201076...0090910_113504

Full Tilt Pot-Limit Omaha, $0.25 BB (6 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

MP ($25.82)
CO ($29.67)
Button ($28.40)
Hero (SB) ($23.21)
BB ($25.61)
UTG ($11.87)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 7, 7, 5, J
1 fold, MP calls $0.25, CO bets $1.10, 1 fold, Hero calls $1, BB calls $0.85, MP calls $0.85

Flop: ($4.40) K, 3, 7 (4 players)
Hero bets $2, BB raises to $4, 2 folds, Hero raises to $8.90, BB calls $4.90

Turn: ($22.20) 9 (2 players)

River: ($22.20) 3 (2 players)

Total pot: $22.20 | Rake: $1.11

Results:
Hero had 7, 7, 5, J (full house, sevens over threes).
BB had A, K, J, 7 (flush, Ace high).
Outcome: Hero won $21.09

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Sep 10, 2009, 4:37pm   #2
WaxHaX0rS
Thread Killer

WaxHaX0rS has a spectacular aura aboutWaxHaX0rS has a spectacular aura about

Fold preflop, especially in SB. This hand sucks. Sets are not nearly as strong as they are in NLHE. Dont setmine with small pairs. Getting it in here could be right or wrong depending on your opponent and other stuff. In general it's probably wrong quite a bit more often than its right. Being 4way kind of sucks.

I'll leave my above paragraph as is, but I just noticed that he apparently only had like 40BB to start the hand based on the postflop action even though the HH says he has a full buyin. Is this cap PLO? Anyway, the shorter stacks obv make it not so bad to get it in here, although you shouldn't really have even seen the flop.
WaxHaX0rS est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2009, 4:58pm   #3
wizard210
Doyle Look-alike

wizard210 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to wizard210

Yes it's capped PLO.

So are we saying it's okay to setmine TT+
Old Sep 11, 2009, 12:38am   #4
WaxHaX0rS
Thread Killer

WaxHaX0rS has a spectacular aura aboutWaxHaX0rS has a spectacular aura about

Not that great at PLO but I'd say the lowest pair you should play purely for set value is QQ, sometimes JJ or lower depending on stuff. Your goal should be to flop top set, so you want to maximize the probability of that happening. 77-TT won't flop topset that often. Don't get me wrong, middleset and bottomset are usually not weak hands, but they are delicate (although less delicate in cap games -- like I said, once you see this flop with that hand in a cap game, stacking off with it is ok without specific reads IMO).
WaxHaX0rS est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2009, 7:12am   #5
Mbradycf
Doyle Look-alike

Mbradycf will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Mbradycf

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizard210 View Post
Yes it's capped PLO.

So are we saying it's okay to setmine TT+

You shouldn't be setmining to often. Sometimes set mining AA is good to underrep your hand, but generally the only time I like setmining is limping behind with JJ+(if they're good Jacks) and trying to overset people who are limping lower pairs

So yeah other then the fold pre(which is a must, this hand is so bad), its standard, for 33BBs you have the nuts and that's a very drawy board
ALOT OF THE PEOPLE ON THE internet plays like pussys they got no gamble in them. They also aint very aggressive. The only time there aggressive is preflop. Post flop they play like bitches calling bets never raising unless the got the nuts. And 99.9% of the time that A PLAYER raiseS preflop they cbet the flop. AND THE CALLER ALWAYS FOLD TO THE CBET THINKING EVERY PREFLOP RAISER HAS A BIG POCKET PAIR. Basically they play terrible post flop.
Mbradycf est déconnecté   Reply With Quote