THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Sep 17, 2009, 1:04am   #1
SwoopAE
CAPITAO

SwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!
Default PLO 30r MTT

I know it says ring games but the MTT section is pretty much a NLHE zone so...

Full Tilt Poker Game #14745033047: $9,000 Guarantee (Rebuy) (107224187), Table 2 - 500/1000 - Pot Limit Omaha Hi - 20:53:14 ET - 2009/09/16
Seat 2: SwoopAE (39,424)
Seat 3: jomama7769 (37,495)
Seat 4: Riverloser (16,566)
Seat 5: TUTANKHAMEN (20,619)
Seat 6: jumissa (37,410)
Seat 7: Dios11 (26,020)
Seat 8: Lee Watkinson (25,172)
Seat 9: Uri Benasher (89,679)
Uri Benasher posts the small blind of 500
SwoopAE posts the big blind of 1,000
The button is in seat #8
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to SwoopAE [Kh Jc 6c Qc]
jomama7769 has 15 seconds left to act
jomama7769 raises to 2,233
Riverloser has 15 seconds left to act
Riverloser folds
TUTANKHAMEN folds
jumissa folds
Dios11 folds
Lee Watkinson has 15 seconds left to act
Lee Watkinson calls 2,233
Uri Benasher folds
SwoopAE calls 1,233
*** FLOP *** [3c Qh 4d]
SwoopAE checks
jomama7769 bets 4,858
Lee Watkinson folds
SwoopAE raises to 21,773

Thoughts on this line? I'm pretty sure I have enough equity against AAxx if you include my fold equity, villain should almost never have QQxx since I have a queen and there are only two left and the lower sets shouldn't be in his UTG preflop raising range.

Villain is profitable lifetime with a decent ABI.

I have not check/potted against villain (or anyone else at this table) at all and our only previous interaction occurred several levels earlier where I raised A765ds, he 3bet me, I flatted, I potted a two club flop, he went all in for about a 1/3 pot raise, we got it in with my nut flush draw+gutshot vs villain's overpair and I hit and he berated me.

Because we're fairly deep and I haven't checkpotted yet and we're close to the bubble (plus i'm BB so my range includes Q/4/3/44/33 combos), I think villain is snap folding up to KK, tanking AA and folding maybe half to 70% of the time and getting it in with all 2p+ hands

Am I wrong here and this is a call or a fold? Does anyone lead the flop? I'm legitimately curious since i'm still learning PLO (I mean, i'm okay, but horrible compared to the good PLO players who post here)

SwoopAE est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Sep 17, 2009, 7:20am   #2
Jimbotbs
Grinder

Jimbotbs will become famous soon enoughJimbotbs will become famous soon enough

Just learning PLO, but I will give it a try.

Preflop: I lean towards a fold. You have got a dangler, no NFD, three of one suit and he raised from UTG. And of course you are OOP.

Flop: Calling sucks, because we are OOP. Especially with your image and the fact, that you are close to the bubble, I think your play is fine. The only hands he snapcalls are QQxx and something like 5678.
Jimbotbs est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2009, 6:17pm   #3
jimmytrick
Professional

jimmytrick is just really nicejimmytrick is just really nicejimmytrick is just really nicejimmytrick is just really nice

+EV and works except when it doesn't.

He will rarely ever have a strong hand here and will fold unless he has got it in his mind that you are stealing. Its hard to felt aces there but maybe you are the kind of player to do it against.

You picked a good spot for the move. Good board, good stack sizes. Can't call so its pot or fold. Nice hand.

jimmytrick est déconnecté   Reply With Quote