THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Sep 23, 2009, 6:55pm   #1
Banalanal
Grinder

Banalanal is a splendid one to beholdBanalanal is a splendid one to beholdBanalanal is a splendid one to beholdBanalanal is a splendid one to beholdBanalanal is a splendid one to beholdBanalanal is a splendid one to beholdBanalanal is a splendid one to beholdBanalanal is a splendid one to behold
Default Bottom Two, Turn MinRs

Comments on turn? I hate minraises

CO: $51.29
BTN: $58.96
SB: $70.84
Hero (BB): $54.38
UTG: $88.77 39/16 WTSD 25 AGG 5.5
Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is BB with 6 3
UTG calls $0.50, 3 folds, Hero checks
Flop: ($1.25) T 6 3 (2 players)
Hero checks, UTG bets $1.00, Hero raises to $4.25, UTG calls $3.25
Turn: ($9.75) 9 (2 players)
Hero bets $6.75, UTG raises to $13.50, Hero calls $6.75
River: ($36.75) 8 (2 players)
Hero checks, UTG bets $18.50, Hero folds

-TWLLM

I wish I spoke the German.
Banalanal est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Sep 23, 2009, 8:17pm   #2
DoubleU
Calling station #1

DoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think our hand is strong enough to c/r the flop and the bet both the turn and river for value, actually. I probably just lead the flop and go from there. As played I actually think you can just dump it on the turn since he's not really bet-calling the flop and c/minraising the turn with AT like, ever. On the other hand he's almost giving us odds to boat up, so I guess calling there and folding riv unimproved isn't awful.

Quote:
When DoubleU says, "wtf, no" you should take heed.
- jimmytrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus View Post
youre thinking ship all the money to big daddy and are now thinking about how to receive that shipment
DoubleU est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2009, 3:39am   #3
rpark
Doyle Look-alike

rpark will become famous soon enough

As played, its fine to call the turn min cr as you have enough implied odds to stack him if you boat up.
rpark est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2009, 5:40am   #4
Gus
Professional

Gus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the rough

Are you a big fan of CRs? Some players check raise too much... no point in doing anything else but bet 3x here

Also I fold the turn most of the time... I dont really get what hand we're gonna stack when we boat up that we're not already beating that wont improve enough to beat us too
Gus est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2009, 6:23am   #5
Banalanal
Grinder

Banalanal is a splendid one to beholdBanalanal is a splendid one to beholdBanalanal is a splendid one to beholdBanalanal is a splendid one to beholdBanalanal is a splendid one to beholdBanalanal is a splendid one to beholdBanalanal is a splendid one to beholdBanalanal is a splendid one to behold

My reasoning behind the c/r was that he's limping tonnes of junk, the odds of that flop hitting him aren't too great, so atleast I get his cbet instead of folding him out with my donk.

What's his range that's beating me on the turn? Better two pair and the straight. But he's fishy so he could have like AA here too I'd think. So on the turn it's like 16% po, for my 8% ho. I dunno. Hand confused me.

-TWLLM

I wish I spoke the German.

Last edited by Banalanal; Sep 26, 2009 at 6:58pm.
Banalanal est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2009, 11:09pm   #6
Mbradycf
Doyle Look-alike

Mbradycf will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Mbradycf

Even though it isn't technically the Baluga theorem, I like to bring that into the spotlight here

In case anyone doesn't know, Baluga is the idea that 1 pair hands should be strongly evaluated and usually folded when facing a turn raise. While we don't have 1 pair here, bottom 2 plays a lot like one pair on this board. Despite it being a frustrating c/r I think I like a fold.

I hate minraises too, such a weird thing to deal with. However, calling and c/c a total blank isn't awful imo
ALOT OF THE PEOPLE ON THE internet plays like pussys they got no gamble in them. They also aint very aggressive. The only time there aggressive is preflop. Post flop they play like bitches calling bets never raising unless the got the nuts. And 99.9% of the time that A PLAYER raiseS preflop they cbet the flop. AND THE CALLER ALWAYS FOLD TO THE CBET THINKING EVERY PREFLOP RAISER HAS A BIG POCKET PAIR. Basically they play terrible post flop.
Mbradycf est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2009, 2:45am   #7
shendo
Doyle Look-alike

shendo has a spectacular aura aboutshendo has a spectacular aura aboutshendo has a spectacular aura about

The confusing part of this hand, is that its played like the 9 helped the other guy in some way.

I think this guy is probably terrible at poker judging from his play of the hand and the 40/15 monkey style attack. Limp preflop. He bets out, then calls? It feels like that should be the three bet spot of his dreams if he has a set and knew what he was doing, right?

So the hands that I'm leaning towards are T9, 99, and QJ. Maybe 77, 88, T8, T7. Goofy shit like that. On top of just dumb shit with overpairs, underpairs, overcards, random tens. I think I like my hand a lot on the turn still. I think I feel a lot shittier on the river as these guys tend to find their aggression again when they pick up some type of draw even if it doens't justify it, which would make the 8 a scary card.

If I was confident on my read that he's a grade a jackass, I think I'd push the turn.
shendo est déconnecté   Reply With Quote