THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum

Go Back   PokerTips.org Forums > Strategy > Beginners' Corner

Old Oct 02, 2009, 2:19pm   #1
JoshuaSit
Brunson

JoshuaSit will become famous soon enoughJoshuaSit will become famous soon enough
Default how bout this bluff?? Good or risky

Stuart is super bully pushing everyone all over

I know he is holding , if he was he would have raised 5-8 BB's like he has done all tourney

Full Tilt Poker Game #15070578988: $2 + $0.25 Sit & Go (110514171), Table 9 - 60/120 - No Limit Hold'em - 9:15:38 ET - 2009/10/02
Seat 1: EspoVokP (6,135)
Seat 2: Doghammer (2,415)
Seat 3: stuartmaca1 (6,704)
Seat 4: bengemesch (3,669)
Seat 5: susan555 (6,090)
Seat 6: kussh42o (3,852)
Seat 8: rypied (1,175)
Seat 9: Diablerize (2,540)
EspoVokP posts the small blind of 60
Doghammer posts the big blind of 120
The button is in seat #9
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to EspoVokP [9d Jh]
stuartmaca1 calls 120
bengemesch folds
susan555 folds
utojoe67 sits down
utojoe67 adds 975
utojoe67 is sitting out
kussh42o calls 120
rypied folds
Diablerize folds
EspoVokP calls 60
Doghammer checks
*** FLOP *** [6s 9h 2h]
EspoVokP checks
Doghammer has 15 seconds left to act
Doghammer checks
stuartmaca1 has 15 seconds left to act
stuartmaca1 bets 240
kussh42o folds
EspoVokP has 15 seconds left to act
EspoVokP calls 240
Doghammer folds
*** TURN *** [6s 9h 2h] [Ad]
EspoVokP bets 960
stuartmaca1 has 15 seconds left to act
stuartmaca1 folds
Uncalled bet of 960 returned to EspoVokP
EspoVokP mucks
EspoVokP wins the pot (960)
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 960 | Rake 0
Board: [6s 9h 2h Ad]
Seat 1: EspoVokP (small blind) collected (960), mucked
Seat 2: Doghammer (big blind) folded on the Flop
Seat 3: stuartmaca1 folded on the Turn
Seat 4: bengemesch didn't bet (folded)
Seat 5: susan555 didn't bet (folded)
Seat 6: kussh42o folded on the Flop
Seat 8: rypied didn't bet (folded)
Seat 9: Diablerize (button) didn't bet (folded)
JoshuaSit est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Oct 02, 2009, 2:47pm   #2
Hustlr
║▌║█║▌║▌││║▌║

Hustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via ICQ to Hustlr Send a message via AIM to Hustlr

I was going to respond by just asking you what range you put your opponents on, but eh...

Most people arent't limping an Ace here UTG. But depending on how passive they are, sometimes they will just limp any hand no matter what. But you will often see people limping small/medium pairs and hands like QJ, KQ, KJ, JT, 89, T9, etc. The second limper and BB could have anything. But I think a good portion of the time, your J9 can be good here.

When you bet the turn, it's not even a bluff, unless you really think UTG limped TT-KK, bets the flop, folds turn. Otherwise, it's a value bet. I think most of the time your bet on the turn just folds out worse hands and gets you called/raised by better ones.
Hustlr est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 02, 2009, 2:59pm   #3
medhopz
Brunson

medhopz will become famous soon enoughmedhopz will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to medhopz

cant see why you are calling flop and betting turn...it's as if you are trying to represnt an Ace. c/r flop will get villain to fold without risking a turn card.btw, how many users do you have? everytime you post a hand it's a diff user
medhopz est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 02, 2009, 4:59pm   #4
JoshuaSit
Brunson

JoshuaSit will become famous soon enoughJoshuaSit will become famous soon enough
Default Sticking to this user this time

Well I called the flop because i wasnt sure what to take UTG for.......until A turned, an i knew he wasn't holding A because every hand of s that went showdown was A2+ and he raised 7-8BB each time.

As for my user's yes I have used About four total. I'm sticking to this one though. I was only playing stars, then switched to tilt. Then stars returned a check I hadn't cashed on my fiancee's user. (the~madame1). Now I'm back to tilt and Switched so I wold get another sign bonus........

So what Hopz, you think I should have raised flop?
Old Oct 02, 2009, 6:16pm   #5
Hustlr
║▌║█║▌║▌││║▌║

Hustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to behold

There is another option..... folding preflop?
Old Oct 02, 2009, 6:26pm   #6
JoshuaSit
Brunson

Default Normally I would have folded

I would have folded that preflop hustlr, but there was only one limper. I didn't really take it for a raising hand. So I gave it a call.
Old Oct 02, 2009, 6:29pm   #7
Hustlr
║▌║█║▌║▌││║▌║

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshuaSit View Post
I would have folded that preflop hustlr, but there was only one limper. I didn't really take it for a raising hand. So I gave it a call.
More limpers actually make completing the small blind better, not worse.
Old Oct 02, 2009, 6:36pm   #8
WaxHaX0rS
Thread Killer

WaxHaX0rS has a spectacular aura aboutWaxHaX0rS has a spectacular aura about

Stop trying to bluff in spots where there are almost no better hands that will fold.
WaxHaX0rS est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 03, 2009, 9:59am   #9
SwoopAE
CAPITAO

SwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaxHaX0rS View Post
Stop trying to bluff in spots where there are almost no better hands that will fold.
This

You're not value betting AND you're not bluffing.

C/C or B/F turn

SwoopAE est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 03, 2009, 4:04pm   #10
BubbleBoy
BubbleBoy

BubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

what hand are you trying to bluff out?

lead the flop, check the turn

BubbleBoy est déconnecté   Reply With Quote