THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Oct 05, 2009, 11:52pm   #1
Banalanal
Grinder

Banalanal is a splendid one to beholdBanalanal is a splendid one to beholdBanalanal is a splendid one to beholdBanalanal is a splendid one to beholdBanalanal is a splendid one to beholdBanalanal is a splendid one to beholdBanalanal is a splendid one to beholdBanalanal is a splendid one to behold
Default Two Pair, NL50, Dry Board

UTG: $75.73
CO: $73.53 20/7/agg3.5 wtsd 23
BTN: $18.02
SB: $15.26
Hero (BB): $67.71
Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is BB with A 2
1 fold, CO calls $0.50, 2 folds, Hero checks
Flop: ($1.25) 2 A 3 (2 players)
Hero bets $1.00, CO raises to $3, Hero calls $2
Turn: ($7.25) T (2 players)
Hero bets $6.00, CO raises to $15.50, Hero calls $9.50
River: ($38.25) 8 (2 players)
Hero checks, CO bets $19.00

Your thoughts on all streets please

-TWLLM

I wish I spoke the German.
Banalanal est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Oct 06, 2009, 7:00am   #2
DoubleU
Calling station #1

DoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond repute

What range do you give him for limping pre, then raising this flop?

What does he do with that range when you donk the turn?

When you call the turn raise, it's surely not with the intention of folding to a river bet on a complete blank?

Quote:
When DoubleU says, "wtf, no" you should take heed.
- jimmytrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus View Post
youre thinking ship all the money to big daddy and are now thinking about how to receive that shipment
DoubleU est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 06, 2009, 2:32pm   #3
Banalanal
Grinder

Banalanal is a splendid one to beholdBanalanal is a splendid one to beholdBanalanal is a splendid one to beholdBanalanal is a splendid one to beholdBanalanal is a splendid one to beholdBanalanal is a splendid one to beholdBanalanal is a splendid one to beholdBanalanal is a splendid one to behold

Well it's just the fact that the board is sooo dry. He's repping 333, or A3, A2, or the straight or AAA. But he could be playing the flush draw like this.

-TWLLM

Old Oct 06, 2009, 2:57pm   #4
Timbilo
Not violating T & C

Timbilo is just really niceTimbilo is just really niceTimbilo is just really niceTimbilo is just really niceTimbilo is just really nice

That board is pretty drawy- there are all kind of flush draws and pair + gutshot hands in villian's range. Did you consider reraising the flop?

As played, I like the donk bet on the turn though. I don't imagine villian is raising the turn with a draw still though, so I probably call the turn and then call a smallish river bet (so I call in your case).

a 7 PFR might be limping aj/aq and betting them "for value" on three streets.
Timbilo est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 06, 2009, 5:12pm   #5
BubbleBoy
BubbleBoy

BubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

if you donk the turn you should either do it with the intention of folding to a raise or to get it in. Don't know why you'd want to donk/call the turn?

I think this is a pretty bad spot. He can easily have every single of the hands that beat you, but he might also have just like AJ. (Imo a random Ax is much more likely that a draw when he raises the flop)

I would just play this passively once he raises the flop, basically calling down. Once you see what he had you might buy a read that way.

As played no way you can fold the river unless you realize in retrospect that the turn play was really bad.

BubbleBoy est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 06, 2009, 5:47pm   #6
kmay06
Professional

kmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant future

Grrr you are posting with my green color.
Old Oct 06, 2009, 6:03pm   #7
Banalanal
Grinder

Woah been using the green for a year C/cing the turn makes more sense. I called down on the river, reluctantly obv. He had the 33`s. Thanks for the inputs.

-TWLLM

Old Oct 07, 2009, 4:32pm   #8
killcrazy
Apex Predator

killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

unraised pots are dangerous. People show up with all kinds of funky hands, like A2.

Barring a read or a line on your opponent's play, I'd usually check the turn. A big bet there chases off a good chunk of your value and exposes you to a substantial raise. The river is a slightly different fish, if you can be certain that your opponent will only raise hands that beat you, you can consider a value/blocker bet, particularly if he's wont to check his medium strength hands behind. Most of the time you check-call.

As someone else said, when you get raised on the turn, you have a problem. If he's playing the strength of his cards there is very little you can beat. Is he raising AJ? Only if he's had a stroke during the hand and even then there's a 50% chance he would be paralysed down the side his mouse is on and would be unable to complete his action.

The main thrust again in verse:

You should never go broke in an unraised pot
You can wait for a better spot
Unless the nuts is what you've got
But most of the time it's probably not.

Kc
Old Oct 07, 2009, 6:44pm   #9
kmay06
Professional

kmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by killcrazy View Post
unraised pots are dangerous. People show up with all kinds of funky hands, like A2.

Barring a read or a line on your opponent's play, I'd usually check the turn. A big bet there chases off a good chunk of your value and exposes you to a substantial raise. The river is a slightly different fish, if you can be certain that your opponent will only raise hands that beat you, you can consider a value/blocker bet, particularly if he's wont to check his medium strength hands behind. Most of the time you check-call.

As someone else said, when you get raised on the turn, you have a problem. If he's playing the strength of his cards there is very little you can beat. Is he raising AJ? Only if he's had a stroke during the hand and even then there's a 50% chance he would be paralysed down the side his mouse is on and would be unable to complete his action.

The main thrust again in verse:

You should never go broke in an unraised pot
You can wait for a better spot
Unless the nuts is what you've got
But most of the time it's probably not.

Kc
Whats with rhyming today? I just wrote AlphaKing a haiku. Must be something in the booze.
Old Oct 07, 2009, 7:50pm   #10
Banalanal
Grinder

OMG Poker tips in verse = bravo. Who said we can't learn and have gay fun at the same time?

-TWLLM