THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Oct 07, 2009, 11:00pm   #1
Banalanal
Grinder

Banalanal is a splendid one to beholdBanalanal is a splendid one to beholdBanalanal is a splendid one to beholdBanalanal is a splendid one to beholdBanalanal is a splendid one to beholdBanalanal is a splendid one to beholdBanalanal is a splendid one to beholdBanalanal is a splendid one to behold
Default NL50 Med Pair

Hero (CO): $54.13
BTN: $96.75 20/17 4agg.
SB: $52.55
BB: $51.50
UTG: $52.72
MP: $48.61
Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is CO with T T
2 folds, Hero raises to $2, BTN calls $2, 2 folds
Flop: ($4.75) 8 3 8 (2 players)
Hero bets $3.00, BTN calls $3
Turn: ($10.75) K (2 players)
Hero checks, BTN bets $7.50, Hero calls $7.50
River: ($25.75) 5 (2 players)
Hero checks, BTN bets $16.00,

Comments on all streets

-TWLLM

I wish I spoke the German.

Last edited by Banalanal; Oct 07, 2009 at 11:04pm.
Banalanal est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Oct 07, 2009, 11:14pm   #2
Red4Eva
Grinder

Red4Eva is a splendid one to beholdRed4Eva is a splendid one to beholdRed4Eva is a splendid one to beholdRed4Eva is a splendid one to beholdRed4Eva is a splendid one to beholdRed4Eva is a splendid one to behold

bet turn
Red4Eva est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 07, 2009, 11:30pm   #3
Banalanal
Grinder

Banalanal is a splendid one to beholdBanalanal is a splendid one to beholdBanalanal is a splendid one to beholdBanalanal is a splendid one to beholdBanalanal is a splendid one to beholdBanalanal is a splendid one to beholdBanalanal is a splendid one to beholdBanalanal is a splendid one to behold

why? don't i pick up more of his turn float bets if i check the turn? and what am i doing on the river if it bricks and he bets if i bet the turn and he calls?

-TWLLM

Last edited by Banalanal; Oct 07, 2009 at 11:33pm.
Old Oct 08, 2009, 12:40am   #4
killcrazy
Apex Predator

killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

As with everything, it depends.

Is this a player who's likely to try and steal with position any time you show weakness? Or does he have a high AF because he bets the hell out of his hands?

Kc
Old Oct 08, 2009, 1:50pm   #5
Banalanal
Grinder

Let's say you have no other reads except those stats.

-TWLLM

Old Oct 08, 2009, 4:06pm   #6
killcrazy
Apex Predator

killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Yeah but you don't, you have oodles of information about him.

If you've played with him for enough hands that the numbers mean something, you should know far more about how he plays than what percentage of hands he raises.

Not every 20% range is the same. An aggressive player is not necessarilly tricky nor does he necessarilly bluff. The stats don't tell you what mood he's in today.

There is no art in poker any more, it's all painting by numbers. Nobody tries to figure the other players out, they just look at their cards and their opponents numbers and do what the crib sheet in their head says.

To these players, the hand history is everything that happened in the hand. The barest lip service is paid to the nature and composition of the table, how the game is evolving, your recent history at the table, the opponent's history or a myriad of other factors that should influence the player's decision.

This is a game of incomplete information, why would you ever want to have less information rather than more? By asking me to give you an answer based on the minimum of information, you're asking me to give you the least accurate advice possible.

So the answer to your question is, sometimes I bet-fold and check-call the river, sometimes I bet-fold and bet the river, sometimes i check-call and sometimes i check-fold. Sometimes I'll do something else. It all depends on the player.

More importantly, my advice is, pay more attention. If you need to drop some tables to do this then play less tables. As soon as you have say 1000 hands on a player, or as soon as a player begins to give you problems, review every single hand of his you have in your database and make notes. Recognise also that you make money by doing this, it isn't unpaid overtime, it's more valuable than the time you spend at the tables.

love & hugs,

Kc
Old Oct 08, 2009, 5:09pm   #7
Banalanal
Grinder

Oh jesus, dramatic. There's nothing wrong with posting a hand, saying here are his general tendencies, how would you play it.

Anybody else....

-TWLLM

Old Oct 08, 2009, 7:14pm   #8
Red4Eva
Grinder

Red4Eva is a splendid one to beholdRed4Eva is a splendid one to beholdRed4Eva is a splendid one to beholdRed4Eva is a splendid one to beholdRed4Eva is a splendid one to beholdRed4Eva is a splendid one to behold

my std against unknown is:

bet flop

b/f turn

c/c river

on this brd with the river bricking like it did
Red4Eva est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 08, 2009, 7:27pm   #9
Banalanal
Grinder

Thanks for the reply Red. What size is your turn bet? Half potish? Are we turning our hand into a bluff on the turn?

-TWLLM

Old Oct 08, 2009, 7:34pm   #10
killcrazy
Apex Predator

And now you're having a girlie strop at a professional because he told you what you were consistently getting wrong.

Kc