THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Oct 08, 2009, 7:45pm   #11
TWLLM

TWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by killcrazy View Post
And now you're having a girlie strop at a professional because he told you what you were consistently getting wrong.

Kc
Don't take it too personal, Kc, your comments are unwelcome because they slow down the OP's mission to post as many standard hands as possible.

PS - love the siggy Banal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleU
Oh, and obviously, TWLLM, we'd all rather you just ruled with an iron fist of nittiness and made all decisions without consultation, but that goes without saying, right?
TWLLM est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Oct 08, 2009, 8:01pm   #12
killcrazy
Apex Predator

killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

The hands they're posting are generally worth discussing, we just need far more information to discuss them. These situations are only "standard" because that information is missing.

Kc
Old Oct 08, 2009, 9:17pm   #13
BubbleBoy
BubbleBoy

BubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

turn is a pretty clear value bet

as played he is repping pretty thin.. 8x+ and KXdd. But it's a huge bet so I'm folding. I can see him bluffing but it's just a spot where he probably checks back Ahi and pairs (somd dd hit the 5), and the nonpair&nonAhi hands aren't that many.

BubbleBoy est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 08, 2009, 9:51pm   #14
Banalanal
Grinder

Banalanal is a splendid one to beholdBanalanal is a splendid one to beholdBanalanal is a splendid one to beholdBanalanal is a splendid one to beholdBanalanal is a splendid one to beholdBanalanal is a splendid one to beholdBanalanal is a splendid one to beholdBanalanal is a splendid one to behold

It's interesting to me that the turn is a value bet. Makes sense now considering there is more air/draws in his range on the turn then there are 8's, k's...

-TWLLM

I wish I spoke the German.
Banalanal est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 08, 2009, 9:57pm   #15
TWLLM

TWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by killcrazy View Post
The hands they're posting are generally worth discussing, we just need far more information to discuss them. These situations are only "standard" because that information is missing.

Kc
Theoretically speaking, any hand becomes non-standard when there is actual or potential information missing...

We're largely in agreement, but I did want to point out that with missing information, anything becomes 'interesting'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleU
Oh, and obviously, TWLLM, we'd all rather you just ruled with an iron fist of nittiness and made all decisions without consultation, but that goes without saying, right?
TWLLM est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 08, 2009, 10:00pm   #16
Red4Eva
Grinder

Red4Eva is a splendid one to beholdRed4Eva is a splendid one to beholdRed4Eva is a splendid one to beholdRed4Eva is a splendid one to beholdRed4Eva is a splendid one to beholdRed4Eva is a splendid one to behold

let him post w/e he wants.. at one point he single handedly kept the english strat forum alive. as long as it doesnt resemble maddog's threads in anyway, i think were okay.
Red4Eva est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 08, 2009, 10:03pm   #17
Hustlr
║▌║█║▌║▌││║▌║

Hustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via ICQ to Hustlr Send a message via AIM to Hustlr

I think you guys are confusing someone giving their opinion about the hand with someone saying he isn't allowed to post it.

And now you got me curious about this "maddog" post. I must look for it

Last edited by Hustlr; Oct 08, 2009 at 10:08pm.
Hustlr est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 09, 2009, 5:58pm   #18
jimmytrick
Professional

jimmytrick is just really nicejimmytrick is just really nicejimmytrick is just really nicejimmytrick is just really nice

You can't conquer the mathematics of poker until you inspect its psychological foundation.

jimmytrick est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 09, 2009, 9:14pm   #19
WJF84
Brunson

WJF84 will become famous soon enoughWJF84 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to WJF84

Last edited by WJF84; Aug 28, 2010 at 2:07pm.
WJF84 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 09, 2009, 10:51pm   #20
killcrazy
Apex Predator

killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJF84 View Post
Not sure how this hand could be more standard.
the next person to claim anything is standard is going to get a torrent of abuse.

situations are only standard if you have a hopelessly blinkered understanding of the game.

poker is not a game of cards, it's a game of people. What matters is the opponent, not the hand.

Kc