THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Nov 21, 2009, 5:47pm   #11
DealtToHero
Fish

DealtToHero is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuggie View Post
What up. Quick question about bankroll. I played for a long time live but not much online and i want to start. I'm good not the best or anythign but pretty damn good. i think i can prolly do well online but wondering how most people startout. what site is best and how much should i put online?
I'm going to tell you something: you're not good. In fact, I'm 99% sure you're awful. Beating up on your drunken college roomates or against people in home games that don't know if a straight or flush is better doesn't qualify as "good".

I don't mean to offend, it's just that I see this all the time. Luckily, this site and others help you go from zero to hero if you work at it.

DealtToHero.com
DealtToHero est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Nov 23, 2009, 12:32am   #12
Snuggie
Fish

Snuggie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by DealtToHero View Post
I'm going to tell you something: you're not good. In fact, I'm 99% sure you're awful. Beating up on your drunken college roomates or against people in home games that don't know if a straight or flush is better doesn't qualify as "good".

I don't mean to offend, it's just that I see this all the time. Luckily, this site and others help you go from zero to hero if you work at it.

DealtToHero.com
What up. I'm going to tell you something: you're not good at life. You are a douche nozzle (yes nozzle is worse than bag). None of the college roommates I ever beat in poker were drunk. Some of them might have been tripping ball sacks on shrooms or acid but they were never drunk. So please do not judge me.

I almost hate to tell you this but no one gives a shit if your dad invited you to come play in his big boys home game. No one gives a shit if you used to play warcraft, starcraft, had dungeons and dragons sleepovers or how often you masturbate to the magic the gathering black lotus poster on the wall above your bunk bed.

And while your proven three step system - involving 1. waiting for a hand, 2. making a hand and betting it, 3. getting all in preflop - that may have allowed you to beat your braindead homo-erotic group of friends at your regular circle jerk of a home game might be fascinating to some people but it still does not make you a non-douche nozzle.

Isn't there some poor kid you can scam out of his allowance by charging him $100 per hour to teach him how to be a PROFESSIONAL POKER PLAYER OMG!!!
Snuggie est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2009, 2:36am   #13
the_fox31
Resident Fox

the_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud of

Now I know this might sound crazy, but I think you two may have made a few assumptions about the other.
the_fox31 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2009, 2:47am   #14
kmay06
Professional

kmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant future

Gimmick fight itt?

Also lol @

"or how often you masturbate to the magic the gathering black lotus poster on the wall above your bunk bed."

Last edited by kmay06; Nov 23, 2009 at 2:50am.
kmay06 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2009, 5:42am   #15
DoubleU
Calling station #1

DoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond repute

Let's try and keep it civil here, shall we?

Snuggie, a quick explanation of why exactly you think you're pretty good (a little more specific, what experience do you have, results etc.) would probably help everyone answer your questions. In fact, you can probably do well online. Most people can, if they put their minds to it, are willing to work on their game, have the right mindset. But winning at live poker does not necessarily translate well to winning at online poker, and certainly not at the same limits.

Quote:
When DoubleU says, "wtf, no" you should take heed.
- jimmytrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus View Post
youre thinking ship all the money to big daddy and are now thinking about how to receive that shipment
DoubleU est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2009, 2:39pm   #16
killcrazy
Apex Predator

killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuggie View Post
magic the gathering black lotus poster
you obviously know what this is, so, you fail.

Quote:
Isn't there some poor kid you can scam out of his allowance by charging him $100 per hour to teach him how to be a PROFESSIONAL POKER PLAYER OMG!!!
i'm assuming you went to his website? if so you fail again. or perhaps i fail because i didn't and his website is actually just pictures of him masturbating to whatever it was.

you're right about him being king of lametania, i just don't understand why you would want to try to dethrone him.

Kc

www.killcrazysfamouschili.com
Old Nov 23, 2009, 4:24pm   #17
Hustlr
║▌║█║▌║▌││║▌║

Hustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via ICQ to Hustlr Send a message via AIM to Hustlr

Hustlr est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 04, 2010, 12:58pm   #18
sexypokerfan
Flop Artist

sexypokerfan will become famous soon enoughsexypokerfan will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggle View Post
As a new online player one should be aggressively bonus whoring and getting rakeback. On line poker rooms give one first time deposit bonuses (except for stars...not counting their, lol, $50 bonus as a bonus). Rake back is the most important thing to get and one needs to get it through an affiliate, even playing the $25 and $50 buy in levels one can generate $1,000-$4,000 in rake a month for the poker room...so getting back 25-30% of that money is a big deal and much more important than a deposit bonus-especially if you like the site. Once one signs up one is very unlikely to ever get rake back and one has often thrown away ones first time deposit bonus as well

If you're going to play at a site without rake back make sure they're giving you a great first time deposit bonus and one that quickly clears, also that one should look for affiliates giving sign up bonuses for signing up through them-the standard is a $50 gift card, though some affiliates will give one $50 free at certain sites and one can also get standard tracking software such as poker tracker, poker office and hold'em manager as sign up through us bonuses from affiliates.

One should consider their comp point stores too-a lot of them have nothing worth while in them and don't ship to America so check them out carefully. One can make money reselling the worthwhile items at Amazon or ebay.

One also need to consider how one is going to deposit at and withdraw from sites. If not an American neteller can be used to quickly transfer sums to new sites or withdraw back to your bank account. If an American there are no good methods of moving funds between sites or back to ones bank account and one will need to cash out ones winnings by snail mail checks.
Thanks for the tips. I never thought that you can get a rakeback by being an affiliate. What does a poker tracker exactly do? Just curious. I do know about reading your opponents hand history. Sorry for being a noob.
sexypokerfan est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2010, 9:46pm   #19
podbelski
Doyle Look-alike

podbelski is just really nicepodbelski is just really nicepodbelski is just really nicepodbelski is just really nicepodbelski is just really nice

Wow.

The thread is like a year old, what's the reason to post here, as well as in a bunch of other dead discussions?
podbelski est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2010, 12:10am   #20
glockers
Professional

glockers is a splendid one to beholdglockers is a splendid one to beholdglockers is a splendid one to beholdglockers is a splendid one to beholdglockers is a splendid one to beholdglockers is a splendid one to beholdglockers is a splendid one to beholdglockers is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokerTits View Post
If you're just starting then I suggest you canvas around and do some of those free trials on those sites. It is also important to get a good rakeback if your looking to sign up.
Look Jennifer Tilly has joined the forum
glockers est déconnecté   Reply With Quote