THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Oct 11, 2009, 7:20pm   #1
Banalanal
Grinder

Banalanal is a splendid one to beholdBanalanal is a splendid one to beholdBanalanal is a splendid one to beholdBanalanal is a splendid one to beholdBanalanal is a splendid one to beholdBanalanal is a splendid one to beholdBanalanal is a splendid one to beholdBanalanal is a splendid one to behold
Default Villain's bluffy line

CO: $135.49
BTN: $17.90
SB: $50.25 19/16/2.7 Thinking reg. My notes say he pulls moves, will ship river if I'm representing a weak hand like mid pp
BB: $66.01
UTG: $74.07
Hero (MP): $50.00
Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is MP with 7 7
UTG calls $0.50, Hero raises to $2.50, 2 folds, SB calls $2.25, 1 fold, UTG calls $2
Flop: ($8.00) 5 3 9 (3 players)
SB checks, UTG checks, Hero bets $4.75, SB calls $4.75, UTG folds
Turn: ($17.50) 2 (2 players)
SB bets $12.00, Hero calls $12
River: ($41.50) T (2 players)
SB bets $30.75

Comments on all streets, anybody calling? And if so are you calling all the time against this player in this scenario or a certain percentage?

-TWLLM

I wish I spoke the German.
Banalanal est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Oct 11, 2009, 8:08pm   #2
WJF84
Brunson

WJF84 will become famous soon enoughWJF84 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to WJF84

Last edited by WJF84; Aug 28, 2010 at 2:06pm.
WJF84 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2009, 3:59am   #3
rpark
Doyle Look-alike

rpark will become famous soon enough

Flop is fine but I bet more like $6-$7. I probably fold the turn because Villan checked the flop and is now donking into me on the turn. I don't see what we're beating here other than 1 pair with backdoor draws. River is fold 100% of time.
rpark est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2009, 4:12am   #4
Red4Eva
Grinder

Red4Eva is a splendid one to beholdRed4Eva is a splendid one to beholdRed4Eva is a splendid one to beholdRed4Eva is a splendid one to beholdRed4Eva is a splendid one to beholdRed4Eva is a splendid one to behold

fold turn, seems like this is the new way to play sets from my experience.
Red4Eva est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2009, 4:13am   #5
Banalanal
Grinder

Banalanal is a splendid one to beholdBanalanal is a splendid one to beholdBanalanal is a splendid one to beholdBanalanal is a splendid one to beholdBanalanal is a splendid one to beholdBanalanal is a splendid one to beholdBanalanal is a splendid one to beholdBanalanal is a splendid one to behold

Well the villain calls the flop and then leads strong on the brick turn. So he's saying the flop made his hand. He rep's trips or he floated me with overcards that picked up a diamond draw. 10's a brick. IMO, he's repping trips or 910. More importantly, my line looks weak, if I have the goods, I should raise the turn right? He knows this. He knows I'm relatively weak... He's not valuebetting toppair on the river, he's repping a tonne of strength...

No?

I just don't see how this is an automatic fold because a villain shows strength.

-TWLLM

Old Oct 12, 2009, 4:17am   #6
Banalanal
Grinder

As well, I think my image against the regs, this one included, is somewhat weaktight, ABC. I generally don't make big calls like this.

-TWLLM

Old Oct 12, 2009, 5:30am   #7
BubbleBoy
BubbleBoy

BubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

you raise pre, bet a flop 3way, a FD you might hold turns, and yet he donks pretty big..

snap fold the turn

BubbleBoy est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2009, 5:40am   #8
Banalanal
Grinder

Lol alright I guess the verdict is in, easy fold turn. I played this hand poorly long term. It's funny I really don't make calls like this in my game, just play pretty ABC as best I know how.

My raise preflop was iso'ing a limper and he knows my margin is huge for that. My cbet was weakish on a board that's hard for me to hit, he knows that. And he knows if I don't raise turn I'm probably weak.

I called anyways, he showed KJ. I got lucky obviously and really never make calls like these.

-TWLLM

Old Oct 12, 2009, 5:53am   #9
Banalanal
Grinder

Bubbleboy, you realise there was no fd on the flop right? And just because villain takes set line means he has set, seems like weak reasoning....

He doesn't float to make the A4 straight, he rarely has an overpair. He has a set or 9,10. Sets are hard to make.

More than likely my line played 1000 times will make me a loser but I just can't see snap fold.

-TWLLM

Old Oct 12, 2009, 1:19pm   #10
killcrazy
Apex Predator

killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

There isn't much to like about this spot. Your hand is very weak and you're being asked to put a lot of money in the pot. It's very unlikely he's going to take one shot at you and give up so if you call the turn you're going to have to call an even bigger bet on the river and your hand can only get uglier unless you miracle a 2 outer. I guess maybe if my spidey sense tingles I might make the hero call ~5% of the time.

Sometimes people are going to bluff you and your only real option is to let them. This is not entirely a bad thing, people thinking you are bluffable can help you get value out of your made hands if you are mindful of it.

Kc