THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Oct 12, 2009, 3:12pm   #1
DoubleU
Calling station #1

DoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond repute
Default NL 100, trips in 3b pot

This is my second hand at the table, I don't know any of the guys I'm sitting with here. Note that BB coldcalled my 3b and the original raiser folded.

I obviously want to get as much of my money as possible in the middle. What's my play? Do I call or 3bet the flop? If I'm just calling, am I c/c'ing the turn? Is this a good spot for clicking it back on the flop?

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (6 handed)

MP ($78.20)
CO ($100)
Button ($100)
Hero (SB) ($106.50)
BB ($116.90)
UTG ($127.30)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K, A
3 folds, Button bets $3.50, Hero raises to $12.50, BB calls $11.50, 1 fold

Flop: ($28.50) 6, A, A (2 players)
Hero bets $9.50, BB raises to $20, Hero ?

Quote:
When DoubleU says, "wtf, no" you should take heed.
- jimmytrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus View Post
youre thinking ship all the money to big daddy and are now thinking about how to receive that shipment
DoubleU est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Oct 12, 2009, 3:51pm   #2
WJF84
Brunson

WJF84 will become famous soon enoughWJF84 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to WJF84

Last edited by WJF84; Aug 28, 2010 at 3:04pm.
WJF84 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2009, 4:28pm   #3
cobalt
Professional

cobalt has a spectacular aura aboutcobalt has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cobalt Send a message via Skype™ to cobalt

I think if we flat it can look like JJ-KK sometimes, though I'm not sure if that's the best play. I think if we do flat, though, that we should probably check the turn.

Reraising is probably fine, too. It narrows his range, but it should already be pretty damn narrow.
cobalt est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2009, 5:31pm   #4
killcrazy
Apex Predator

killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Unless he has someone who looks after him, his range is narrowed to good aces and medium+ pairs. You don't really need to worry too much about getting paid by AQ here, it will happen by itself, you need to find the line that gets JJ to give you as much money as possible.

His flop raise looks like a where-am-i? bet to me, pretty much in line with what we anticipate to be his range. you should take the line that gives him the greatest opportunity to get it wrong.

If you reraise on the flop your ace is face up, you'll only get paid by the stronger second best hands who will be paying you off anyway. Show a little weakness and flat call, this gives you the widest possible range in your opponent's eyes and will help him to think JJ is good.

Because this pot was 3bet preflop and raised on the flop, you've already got $32.50 of your stack in the middle. The pot is at $68.50 and you have $74 back. You have plenty of time to get the money in, and there aren't really any cards that can fall on the turn or river to queer your action.

So here's my line, check the turn and flat call if he bets. Whatever the turn action was, shove on the river. If he bet the turn he's going to be getting great odds to call with whatever he got to the river with, unless he was dry bluffing but he'd be shutting up shop there anyway, he doesn't have the chips to bluff again. If the turn is checked around he either has a hand worth calling all in or not worth calling at all. JJ is either going to give you all of his money or none of it, but you've hopefully created enough confusion such that he will now include some bluffs in your range. He can reason that you can call the flop with all sorts of hands to see if he bets again and try to steal the pot if he doesn't. He would probably expect you to play a strong ace more aggressively earlier in the hand, or to make some kind of callable value bet at the end.

There may be a more appropriate line to take against an unknown at 50c/1, but I think this gives your opponent the most room to hang himself.

Kc
Old Oct 13, 2009, 3:40am   #5
Timbilo
Not violating T & C

Timbilo is just really niceTimbilo is just really niceTimbilo is just really niceTimbilo is just really niceTimbilo is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by killcrazy View Post
Unless he has someone who looks after him, his range is narrowed to good aces and medium+ pairs. You don't really need to worry too much about getting paid by AQ here, it will happen by itself, you need to find the line that gets JJ to give you as much money as possible.

His flop raise looks like a where-am-i? bet to me, pretty much in line with what we anticipate to be his range. you should take the line that gives him the greatest opportunity to get it wrong.

If you reraise on the flop your ace is face up, you'll only get paid by the stronger second best hands who will be paying you off anyway. Show a little weakness and flat call, this gives you the widest possible range in your opponent's eyes and will help him to think JJ is good.

Because this pot was 3bet preflop and raised on the flop, you've already got $32.50 of your stack in the middle. The pot is at $68.50 and you have $74 back. You have plenty of time to get the money in, and there aren't really any cards that can fall on the turn or river to queer your action.

So here's my line, check the turn and flat call if he bets. Whatever the turn action was, shove on the river. If he bet the turn he's going to be getting great odds to call with whatever he got to the river with, unless he was dry bluffing but he'd be shutting up shop there anyway, he doesn't have the chips to bluff again. If the turn is checked around he either has a hand worth calling all in or not worth calling at all. JJ is either going to give you all of his money or none of it, but you've hopefully created enough confusion such that he will now include some bluffs in your range. He can reason that you can call the flop with all sorts of hands to see if he bets again and try to steal the pot if he doesn't. He would probably expect you to play a strong ace more aggressively earlier in the hand, or to make some kind of callable value bet at the end.

There may be a more appropriate line to take against an unknown at 50c/1, but I think this gives your opponent the most room to hang himself.

Kc
/Thread
Timbilo est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2009, 7:37am   #6
BubbleBoy
BubbleBoy

BubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

im clicking this back all day cause I dont want to float JT oop

kc, do you think if he did raise JJ for whatever reason, that he will put in more money to your line?

BubbleBoy est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2009, 6:30pm   #7
killcrazy
Apex Predator

killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbleBoy View Post
im clicking this back all day cause I dont want to float JT oop
?

Quote:
kc, do you think if he did raise JJ for whatever reason, that he will put in more money to your line?
I don't think JJ is putting more money in this pot very often regardless of the line, all we can do is help him think he's good. You have a better line?

Kc
Old Oct 14, 2009, 10:02pm   #8
Joes28
Grinder

Joes28 is on a distinguished road

fold
Joes28 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote