THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum

Go Back   PokerTips.org Forums > General Discussion > Poker Stories

Old Oct 13, 2009, 9:25am   #1
Rhughie
Flop Artist

Rhughie is on a distinguished road
Default Barnstorming Comeback to Tips and pokahz!

Not Really. haha.

I used to post around here back in 08 but a series of unfortunate events lead to me quitting online poker, including donking off about 20 bi's @ nl25 due to epic tilt. Not having a job and having a shit girlfriend meant that when poker got stressful, i just played worse and worse and cashed out the remainder of my roll before i tilted the whole thing off. Things are much different now, my Gf now is actually a decent player herself and im employed, so the stress is off poker and i can focus on playing well and not worring about losing. i have encounter a few issues upon my return, heres hoping u guys can give me some advice!

Problem 1.

I suck again. I used to win about 13-14 bb/100 over about 20k hands played @ nl25.. but i promptly sat down, felt out classed, and decided after losing a couple of buyins it was time to bite the bullet and head down to Nl 10. I played about 15k hands and won a whopping 6.5 bb/100 but it put the roll back into nl25 territory and as ive eased back into it ive now won 37 bucks from 3k hands.. yawn.. lol. But most importantly i feel like ive got the game back and im using Poker tracker well. My main question is how bad is the curve these days, is nl50 still a place i can realistically expect to farm? Nl100? ive got no idea what its like out there except for the fact that its harder.

Problem 2.

I cant play queens. I often 5bet shove when i get 4 bet and its almost alwayz KK-AA, thats prolly more reflecting of the lower limits, but i just feel super lost holding the ladies, specially on overcard or scary flops. need help!

Problem 3.

Ive made the ass end of the top 50 a couple of times in the battle of the planets @ the mars level, wondering if there is any alternate strats to increase the level of points u get over a select sample of sngs, or is it just play good and hope that variance loves u for that 100?

Also id just like to give a shoutout to all the wsop bloggers, i really enjoyed reading all of your stories, and hopefully ill get over there one day myself! and swoops maint event satty thread.. hahahahahah.. fuck.. (btw swoop ill b @ crown playing pokerz the first weekend of december, if your around!)

Cheers guys, hopefully i get can get back into some regular posting and give this forum a bit of a jumpstart!

Rhughie

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Oct 13, 2009, 12:54pm   #2
Seb47
Professional

Seb47 is a splendid one to beholdSeb47 is a splendid one to beholdSeb47 is a splendid one to beholdSeb47 is a splendid one to beholdSeb47 is a splendid one to beholdSeb47 is a splendid one to beholdSeb47 is a splendid one to beholdSeb47 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Seb47
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Heh we gonna need pics of ex and current gf to decide if u made the right choice
Seb47 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2009, 1:08pm   #3
Timbilo
Not violating T & C

Timbilo is just really niceTimbilo is just really niceTimbilo is just really niceTimbilo is just really niceTimbilo is just really nice

1. Welcome back!
2. Regarding the queens question, we need to know if you're playing full ring or six max. I can guarantee you that 5-bet shoving queens in full ring against full stacks is a horrible play the vast majority of the time, even as low as 25NL
3. LOL @ Seb, and I second that.
Timbilo est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2009, 1:32pm   #4
Snaggle
Professional

Snaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to behold
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
I suck again. I used to win about 13-14 bb/100 over about 20k hands played @ nl25.. but i promptly sat down, felt out classed, and decided after losing a couple of buyins it was time to bite the bullet and head down to Nl 10. I played about 15k hands and won a whopping 6.5 bb/100 but it put the roll back into nl25 territory and as ive eased back into it ive now won 37 bucks from 3k hands.. yawn.. lol. But most importantly i feel like ive got the game back and im using Poker tracker well. My main question is how bad is the curve these days, is nl50 still a place i can realistically expect to farm? Nl100? ive got no idea what its like out there except for the fact that its harder.
Glad to hear you have a much better girlfriend! All levels are harder than they were a couple years ago, you're also using very small hand samples. Poker is about judgment and making adjustments to other players as much as it is about domination, big breaks hurt the soundness of ones reads and adjustments. You said yourself that you can't stand the loss of a couple of buy ins at $25 NL, so one has to grind out enough of a bankroll so that losing 2-4, 5-10 or 10-20 buy ins has no effect on you. $50 NL has always been much harder than $25, just as $25 is much harder than $10 NL. $100 and $200 are only slightly harder than $50.

Quote:
Heh we gonna need pics of ex and current gf to decide if u made the right choice
-Seb

Beauty is only one element in what makes a woman attractive and what is beauty is partly subjective. His statement that the current one is much better has to be accepted as he's the best judge of that.

Why do people keep typing "GG" when I go AI in the short stack with 72o?
Snaggle est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2009, 9:09pm   #5
IronLen1972
Degenerate

IronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant future
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

i vote for pics of gf playing cards. also a sample of her win rate. a biiiiiig naked sample.

j/k. she doesn't really need to have a card sample at all.

ooh. and welcome back!!
Old Oct 13, 2009, 11:59pm   #6
Rhughie
Flop Artist

My current Gf is blonde

My x is not

I rest my case...

And snaggle im pretty much exclusively a 6 max player.. i kno the samples are small and im working on grinding out a fair few to figure out where im actually at!
Old Oct 14, 2009, 12:21am   #7
Seb47
Professional

Seb47 is a splendid one to beholdSeb47 is a splendid one to beholdSeb47 is a splendid one to beholdSeb47 is a splendid one to beholdSeb47 is a splendid one to beholdSeb47 is a splendid one to beholdSeb47 is a splendid one to beholdSeb47 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Seb47
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhughie View Post
My current Gf is blonde

My x is not

I rest my case...
Heh, you might as well be american ....
Seb47 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2009, 1:28am   #8
Rhughie
Flop Artist

Dont the french do sarcasm?
Old Oct 14, 2009, 1:54am   #9
killcrazy
Apex Predator

killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhughie View Post
Dont the french do sarcasm?
Isn't he their president?

Kc
Old Oct 14, 2009, 8:42am   #10
Kaishaku
Beautiful Blue Wild Beast

Kaishaku has a spectacular aura aboutKaishaku has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by killcrazy View Post
Isn't he their president?

Kc
No, he's his son.

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool."
Richard P. Feynman
Kaishaku est déconnecté   Reply With Quote