THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Oct 17, 2009, 1:45am   #11
killcrazy
Apex Predator

killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by miser View Post
Folding just seems extremely nitty here in a four handed game.
yes but i'm a nit i don't like putting money in bad. i do put money in bad, which is why I have the little sign that tells me not to put money in bad.

Quote:
In a four handed limped pot his range is huge.
It is when he limps preflop, not when he raises the turn. He called a pot bet on the flop and then came over the top of a pot bet with a pot raise on the turn. Most of the time he's either making a play or more likely has you crushed, he's unlikely to show up with an AT kinda hand. Similarly I'd kinda expect the flush draw to either raise the flop or flat the turn unless he has QXs and thinks he just picked up 5 more outs when he might call flop and raise turn.

Quote:
If he had a wheel, I think he would call to the river then raise
He might, but as you say a lot of cards can fall to denut his hand when he won't be able to play for value as easily. I'd be raising my 54 on the turn, possibly even on the flop.

Quote:
He may also see your stack size and feel that you are just bullying the table. He may put you on a weak hand and believe you are trying to steal the pot.
Lot of conditional statements there. If OP was habitually bullying wouldn't you expect him to attack the limper preflop?

Opponent might be a retard, granted, but all we know about him is, he's just joined the table, presumably with about 80% of a buyin, limped the cutoff/gun, called a pot bet on the flop and repotted on the turn. Unless the average unknown player in this game is damaged, you've got a very sticky spot here. One of you is probably drawing basically dead, your hand isn't that great and he's made a big bet. If you call on the turn, you pretty much have to call on the river too.

Having said all that, at this limit, perhaps there is a pretty decent chance that he /is/ damaged. Or maybe I'm just biased because any time I call down in this kinda spot they show up with the nuts

Kc

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Oct 17, 2009, 3:52pm   #12
shendo
Doyle Look-alike

shendo has a spectacular aura aboutshendo has a spectacular aura aboutshendo has a spectacular aura about

$37.12 is the most important part of this hand. Only incredibly stupid people have a stack of $37.12. I push top and bottom against anyone with a $37.12 stack with a fistpump almost every time in this situation unless I know they are a 7/3/.5/1 type idiot.
shendo est déconnecté   Reply With Quote