THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum

Go Back   PokerTips.org Forums > Strategy > No-Limit Hold'em Ring Games

Old Oct 18, 2009, 5:46pm   #1
Banalanal
Grinder

Banalanal is a splendid one to beholdBanalanal is a splendid one to beholdBanalanal is a splendid one to beholdBanalanal is a splendid one to beholdBanalanal is a splendid one to beholdBanalanal is a splendid one to beholdBanalanal is a splendid one to beholdBanalanal is a splendid one to behold
Default Low Board, Aggro Villain Turn/River Play?

CO: $14.17
BTN: $50.00
SB: $81.78
BB: $31.88
UTG: $44.36 21/17 5.1agg wtsd 28
Hero (MP): $56.26 tag image
Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is MP with T T
UTG raises to $2, Hero calls $2, 4 folds
Flop: ($4.75) 7 9 6 (2 players)
UTG bets $3.00, Hero calls $3
Turn: ($10.75) 6 (2 players)
UTG bets $7.00, Hero calls $7
River: ($24.75) Q (2 players)
UTG bets $16.00,

Are you ever raising at any point in this hand? If not when are you calling on the river? Non hearts? What about non heart aces?

-TWLLM

I wish I spoke the German.
Banalanal est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Oct 18, 2009, 11:51pm   #2
VADERPOWER
Brunson

VADERPOWER will become famous soon enough

im for sure raising the flop here. take the lead in the hand to see where u r at. if he re-raises hes most likely has the nut flush draw or an overpair. so (for me) if i dont raise i dont know where im at here.
VADERPOWER est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2009, 12:08am   #3
VADERPOWER
Brunson

the argument could be made to re-raise pre also? mabye?
Old Oct 19, 2009, 12:09am   #4
cobalt
Professional

cobalt has a spectacular aura aboutcobalt has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cobalt Send a message via Skype™ to cobalt

Raising for information is not a good idea here (or in general), and if he reraises he basically has the same value range for doing so (and is not going to pure bluff when raised on this flop) -- we get little information. I don't see a raise for value, either, when he bets and barrels such a coordinated board.
cobalt est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2009, 12:30am   #5
Banalanal
Grinder

Banalanal is a splendid one to beholdBanalanal is a splendid one to beholdBanalanal is a splendid one to beholdBanalanal is a splendid one to beholdBanalanal is a splendid one to beholdBanalanal is a splendid one to beholdBanalanal is a splendid one to beholdBanalanal is a splendid one to behold

Oh dear God, don't let Gus see that "take the lead in the hand to see where u r at." There is only value-betting or bluffing.

Reraising pre, for the most part, is bad.

-TWLLM

Old Oct 19, 2009, 2:26am   #6
BubbleBoy
BubbleBoy

BubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

I think it's super standard if you fold the river.

raising (to get allin, otherwise wtf) on the flop seems way too loose considering UTG vs MP.

BubbleBoy est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2009, 3:59am   #7
killcrazy
Apex Predator

killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Key question, does he appreciate position? if you have enough hands with him, have a look at where his preflop raises come from. a surprising number of players raise an obscene amount utg, less in mid position and then a lot in late position.

I entertained the idea of a raise on the turn with a view to checking the river if you don't improve but I'm less than happy with it.

Assuming a standard utg range, with that river, you can beat AK, 88, T9s and 98s, unless he's prone to threebarrelling with AJ or 55.

Reraising TT against an utg raiser is horribly spewy, for the benefit of whoever suggested it.

Kc
Old Oct 19, 2009, 5:06am   #8
VADERPOWER
Brunson

shit, this explains alot about my game ive got more leaks than the friggin titantic. so we r basically treating these tens like 4s or 5s and set mining?
Old Oct 19, 2009, 5:50am   #9
Banalanal
Grinder

It's not about set mining. It's about his range given his position and his style of play, versus my holdings and my perceived holdings and how we can get value from that equation. Always ask yourself, is any worse hand calling or is any better hand folding. Have another look at the hand with that taken into consideration.

-TWLLM

Old Oct 19, 2009, 6:49am   #10
WaxHaX0rS
Thread Killer

WaxHaX0rS has a spectacular aura aboutWaxHaX0rS has a spectacular aura about

edit after a little more thought:

TT has almost 60% equity vs a range of AK, 22+ (which is pretty nitty). It is not horrible spew imo. Whether it is optimal is an entirely different question. It is less than optimal because he will play fit or fold post with his pp's and Ace highs, fold some of his Ace highs and KQ hands which would have cbet, and 4bet stuff like AK which he will win outright since we will have to fold.

Last edited by WaxHaX0rS; Oct 19, 2009 at 7:17am.
WaxHaX0rS est déconnecté   Reply With Quote