THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Nov 18, 2010, 7:18pm   #21
MikeAK47
Unproffesional

MikeAK47 is a name known to allMikeAK47 is a name known to allMikeAK47 is a name known to allMikeAK47 is a name known to allMikeAK47 is a name known to allMikeAK47 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by killcrazy View Post
isn't this the second time you've mentioned guitars this week? what do you play?

Kc
All sorts.

Used to play lead in a rock band, now I'm learning some classical stuff like Bach.

Do you play?

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Nov 18, 2010, 11:37pm   #22
killcrazy
Apex Predator

killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeAK47 View Post
All sorts.

Used to play lead in a rock band, now I'm learning some classical stuff like Bach.

Do you play?
mmhmm, haven't played with a band for a few years though, i'm at that awkward age where i'm too old to be playing thrash at kids and too young to be playing skynyrd covers at weddings.

lets annoy everyone with words they don't understand;

sg classic/mia strat -> generic boss compressor -> keeley DS1/BD2/TS9 -> generic boss delay -> crybaby -> mesa 22. you?

Kc
Old Nov 23, 2010, 7:55am   #23
MikeAK47
Unproffesional

MikeAK47 is a name known to allMikeAK47 is a name known to allMikeAK47 is a name known to allMikeAK47 is a name known to allMikeAK47 is a name known to allMikeAK47 is a name known to all

Quote:
mmhmm, haven't played with a band for a few years though, i'm at that awkward age where i'm too old to be playing thrash at kids and too young to be playing skynyrd covers at weddings.

lets annoy everyone with words they don't understand;

sg classic/mia strat -> generic boss compressor -> keeley DS1/BD2/TS9 -> generic boss delay -> crybaby -> mesa 22. you?

Kc
ibanez -> old battered zoom pedal -> cheapo line 6 solid state

That's my set up at the moment, along with an old nylon string acoustic which has seen better days.

Haha I used to be in a crappy thrash band, doing slayer/anthrax covers, and no, I definitely wasn't doing the vocals.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 7:58am   #24
MikeAK47
Unproffesional

I don't think kids are into trash anymore? They're all that 'nu-metal' shite which is mostly awful, worse guitar playing ive ever heard, I know thrash isn't much better but come on, ooo lets tune to drop D and play power chords with one finger.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 3:55pm   #25
killcrazy
Apex Predator

killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

is nu metal still around? that's kinda depressing. whingy self-indulgent pseudo-hedonistic shite, but don't worry, with the economy in the toilet and middle class families selling their teenage sons to the red chinese so they can afford lawn care consumables, we might get some decent music in a year or two.

Kc
Old Nov 23, 2010, 4:10pm   #26
cetacean
Grinder

cetacean has a spectacular aura aboutcetacean has a spectacular aura aboutcetacean has a spectacular aura about

What surprises me about music these days is that, although there is a lot of dissatisfaction with the state of the world, music isn't reflect it. It's not spawning protest music, as it did in the 60s. In the past, music was an engine of social change or at least a nagging voice of a conscience. Now, it just seems like it's a mindless distraction from a bleak world.

Wow, I need to stop writing before I turn this into a Morrissey song.
cetacean est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2010, 4:49pm   #27
podbelski
Doyle Look-alike

podbelski is just really nicepodbelski is just really nicepodbelski is just really nicepodbelski is just really nicepodbelski is just really nice

interesting point
podbelski est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2010, 6:54pm   #28
MikeAK47
Unproffesional

Quote:
is nu metal still around? that's kinda depressing. whingy self-indulgent pseudo-hedonistic shite, but don't worry, with the economy in the toilet and middle class families selling their teenage sons to the red chinese so they can afford lawn care consumables, we might get some decent music in a year or two.

Kc
Good question, I stopped paying attention to any of the modern shite released about 6 years ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cetacean View Post
What surprises me about music these days is that, although there is a lot of dissatisfaction with the state of the world, music isn't reflect it. It's not spawning protest music, as it did in the 60s. In the past, music was an engine of social change or at least a nagging voice of a conscience. Now, it just seems like it's a mindless distraction from a bleak world.

Yeah, it's so dull.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 7:58pm   #29
staphros
Wolf Game LVP

staphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant future

staphros est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2010, 1:57am   #30
killcrazy
Apex Predator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cetacean View Post

coca-cola doesn't protest. mcdonalds doesn't protest. why should music? music is just another corporate product.

that is, assuming you listen to the mass produced fizzy piss in a tin music that gets airplay and finds its way into the charts.

for that matter, when was the last time you actually protested anything? people don't do that shit any more, they're too well indoctrinated.

Kc