THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Dec 09, 2009, 10:53pm   #1
kmay06
Professional

kmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant future
Default Time commitment for SNE?

So, withdraw almost all of my online bankroll for tuition this year, and have recently started grinding micros to get it back up. I missed it. I hadn't played much in the last 6 months or so anyway, and now getting into it a few hours a day is great.

I was considering trying to SNE next year to keep me motivated. I figure I'll deposit enough at the end of Dec so I can play 100nl (shouldn't be much, since during winter break I'll have time to grind 8 hours + and get back up there) and go from there. Time per week? 6-max or full ring or does it matter? I usually stick to 6 max nl but got my start in full ring so that'd be fine as well.

Fwiw I know I can crush 100nl, and probably could beat 200nl but always withdrew my bankroll for other things before it got that high. Obv going for SNE I'd move up when I could and keep multi tabling. I usually do 6-8 tables of 6 max and 12-16 tables of FR.

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Dec 09, 2009, 11:55pm   #2
joeyjoejoejr
Professional

joeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud of

This provides a lot of info
http://www.fpppro.com/

Note- next year FR tables will make less VPP per hand than now because of alreadly annonced changes to there structure. Also Dec 26th pokerstars is suppose to annonce more changes to there VIP structure so who knows what it will look like.

I would say don't to it but.... Of course I did it alongside a 40h a week full time job.... so if you dont do anything else its probably a lot easier.

If your playing 100nl FR ring as your main game you better learn to move up to 22-24 tables. I think its insane to do at 100NL. 100 PLO would be much easier.
I played signifcant amounts of FL and PLO during the year which just generate VPPs much quicker.

You will have to average 2740 VPPs a day. So play for 7 days straight in January and average 2740 VPPs. Than ask yourself if you really want to do that for a year. And obviously you wont play everyday so you will have to average more than that on days you play.

What I hated most about it was after I was pot commited to get it.... I played often when I really didnt want to play. This sucks.... you will play so much worse when you dont want to play but "have to"
joeyjoejoejr est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2009, 2:35am   #3
kmay06
Professional

kmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant future

Well, I'd start the year at 100nl. I'd guess if I was playing that much 100nl I'd soon have enough bankroll to move up to 200nl and so on.

Quote:
What I hated most about it was after I was pot commited to get it.... I played often when I really didnt want to play. This sucks.... you will play so much worse when you dont want to play but "have to"
Ya, this is one reason I'm very skiddish about even attempting it.
Quote:
You will have to average 2740 VPPs a day. So play for 7 days straight in January and average 2740 VPPs. Than ask yourself if you really want to do that for a year. And obviously you wont play everyday so you will have to average more than that on days you play.
I'll give that a shot, thanks.

Edit: Ok, I looked up some datas, and it seems if I can make it to 200nl for 6 max relatively quickly into the new year, and the data I have is accurate, it's about .56 VPPs per hand, thus around 5k hands a day. At 8 tables I'm doing about 600 hands an hour, so without adding tables that's about 8.3 hours a day, every day. That'd be nasty. However, if I can manage about 12 tables (with some practice should be fine, when I'm doing 8 tables I'm also playing tower defense or surfing forums usually) that's only about 5.5 hours.

Last edited by kmay06; Dec 10, 2009 at 3:11am.
kmay06 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2009, 7:59am   #4
DoubleU
Calling station #1

DoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond repute

I would say try it for a month and re-evaluate. Also, you better not be planning any vacations. All sounds kind of nightmarish to me, but it's def good $ if you make it.

Quote:
When DoubleU says, "wtf, no" you should take heed.
- jimmytrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus View Post
youre thinking ship all the money to big daddy and are now thinking about how to receive that shipment
DoubleU est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2009, 1:53am   #5
joeyjoejoejr
Professional

joeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud of

You sound like you a smart guy and Ill offer further advice.
If your still school I would strongly urge you not do try do it.
School will take up a certain amount of time and the rest will be filled with SNE (even if your like me and physically being in class isnt to important school will still take up time)

You will get behind the 2700 VPP average at times and half to grind your weekend /free time away catching up. At this point in your life its probably more life EV for you to get drunk and fuck girls on friday night then mass table.

Yes you will make 6 figures no problem if you get SNE and that probably sounds like a lot amount of money but its not worth it. Wait until you done school and take a year off before you join the workforce if you really want to do it. Play 15 hrs a week or whatever for now focusing on improving your game and moving up.

My last weekend I played 36hrs of poker (and worked on friday) .... does this sound like fun....
Old Dec 11, 2009, 4:14am   #6
kmay06
Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyjoejoejr View Post
You sound like you a smart guy and Ill offer further advice.
If your still school I would strongly urge you not do try do it.
School will take up a certain amount of time and the rest will be filled with SNE (even if your like me and physically being in class isnt to important school will still take up time)

You will get behind the 2700 VPP average at times and half to grind your weekend /free time away catching up. At this point in your life its probably more life EV for you to get drunk and fuck girls on friday night then mass table.

Yes you will make 6 figures no problem if you get SNE and that probably sounds like a lot amount of money but its not worth it. Wait until you done school and take a year off before you join the workforce if you really want to do it. Play 15 hrs a week or whatever for now focusing on improving your game and moving up.

My last weekend I played 36hrs of poker (and worked on friday) .... does this sound like fun....
I think you are right, and I doubt I'll do it come this next year. I should graduate in june or next december though, so possibly then. Is it worth it/easy enough to just get supernova?
Old Dec 11, 2009, 5:37am   #7
joeyjoejoejr
Professional

I dont think you will have any trouble getting to SN if you multitable your planned limits. Of course you could just play on another site with normal style rakeback.