THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum

Go Back   PokerTips.org Forums > Strategy > No-Limit Hold'em Ring Games

Old Dec 01, 2009, 5:43pm   #1
Banalanal
Grinder

Banalanal is a splendid one to beholdBanalanal is a splendid one to beholdBanalanal is a splendid one to beholdBanalanal is a splendid one to beholdBanalanal is a splendid one to beholdBanalanal is a splendid one to beholdBanalanal is a splendid one to beholdBanalanal is a splendid one to behold
Default Super drwy brd tptk turn c/r

Hero (BB): $118.89 23/19 BUT I THINK MY IMAGE IS MUCH LAGGIER
UTG: $197.72
CO: $100.00 20/17 AGG3.7
BTN: $43.50
SB: $86.63
Pre Flop: ($1.50) Hero is BB with A J
1 fold, CO raises to $4, 2 folds, Hero calls $3
Flop: ($8.50) J T 9 (2 players)
Hero checks, CO bets $5.00, Hero calls $5
Turn: ($18.50) 3 (2 players)
Hero checks, CO bets $11.00, Hero raises to $36, CO raises to $91,

I'VE GOT HIM AS A GOOD WINNER OVER 11K HANDS BUT I THINK HE IS FISHY OFTEN. WISH MY READS WERE MORE SPECIFIC. IVE SEEN HIM RIASE FLOP BETS AND FOLD ON A10J BRDS, 3BET JUNK OFTEN, AND TOO MUCH FANCY PLAY SYNDROME.

IS MY LINE THIN BUT GOOD? OR SLIGHTLY POOR? CAN'T IMAGINE IT'S A HUGE MISTAKE... AS WELL, PART OF MY THOUGHTS AT THE TIME WAS HIS BET SIZING, SO WEAK ON A BOARD LIKE THAT SCREAMED DRAW/COMBO DRAW TO ME

-TWLLM

I wish I spoke the German.

Last edited by Banalanal; Dec 01, 2009 at 5:46pm.
Banalanal est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Dec 01, 2009, 8:40pm   #2
shabak
Doyle Look-alike

shabak is on a distinguished road

I think it is a mistake because you turn your hand into a bluff, wich is not necerily bad, but seems not very good when you have a hand with good showdown value. The turn check-raise over reps your hand.
shabak est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 01, 2009, 8:44pm   #3
DoubleU
Calling station #1

DoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond repute

I'd rather call down to be honest. I mean, on this board, what would you raise for value on the turn, that you wouldn't raise the flop with?

Quote:
When DoubleU says, "wtf, no" you should take heed.
- jimmytrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus View Post
youre thinking ship all the money to big daddy and are now thinking about how to receive that shipment
DoubleU est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 01, 2009, 9:33pm   #4
jimmytrick
Professional

jimmytrick is just really nicejimmytrick is just really nicejimmytrick is just really nicejimmytrick is just really nice

I dunno if two/thirds pot bets ought to be considered weak absent a confirmed read that he doesn't bet strong hands like that.

I really don't have a problem with the way you played this as long as you can ck-r/fold on the turn. Its your read and you can play it this way.

Why can't we ck-r the flop instead?

jimmytrick est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 01, 2009, 9:46pm   #5
Banalanal
Grinder

Banalanal is a splendid one to beholdBanalanal is a splendid one to beholdBanalanal is a splendid one to beholdBanalanal is a splendid one to beholdBanalanal is a splendid one to beholdBanalanal is a splendid one to beholdBanalanal is a splendid one to beholdBanalanal is a splendid one to behold

Yeah I wasn't sure. My thinking at the time was, his bet sizing looks so weak, every river card will suck... And I don't think calling flop and waiting for a safe turn is a bad line in regards to your statement Doub about value raising turn v. flop.

But yeah, calling down could be the better option.

-TWLLM

Old Dec 02, 2009, 12:55am   #6
killcrazy
Apex Predator

killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banalanal View Post
SO WEAK ON A BOARD LIKE THAT SCREAMED DRAW/COMBO DRAW TO ME
aren't those hands shoving on you?

Kc
Old Dec 02, 2009, 5:43am   #7
Banalanal
Grinder

Well that's cool if they do, I'm not raising the turn to fold, I'm ahead of combo draws so what's the dilly?

-TWLLM

Old Dec 02, 2009, 7:06am   #8
killcrazy
Apex Predator

killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banalanal View Post
Well that's cool if they do, I'm not raising the turn to fold, I'm ahead of combo draws so what's the dilly?
thought i read something about cr/f. my bad.

whats your plan for the river if he flats?

Kc
Old Dec 02, 2009, 7:33am   #9
Banalanal
Grinder

Be confused.

I dunno, putting myself in his shoes, I would't flat with much there as he can't really know where I'm at, I could have a lot of hands.

I suppose if he flats I'm ahead often vs. his kj, qj hands. Though he could flat qq+... maybe. Well if he flats, river is an easy c/decicde, can't value bet it, probably c/fold lots of straight/flush completing hands. Partly my reason for getting it in on turn was half the deck is nasty on river. Tricky hand imo.

-TWLLM

Old Dec 02, 2009, 8:45am   #10
BubbleBoy
BubbleBoy

BubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

way way way too thin

I'd not even get in JT here.

BubbleBoy est déconnecté   Reply With Quote