THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Jan 30, 2010, 1:40pm   #1
moculon
Brunson

moculon is on a distinguished road
Default Alleged Jason Ho Scam - StoxPoker

Hi Guys,

I didn't see a thread about this here but there's some huge discussion on the internet. If you google "Jason Ho Scam" there's some good news stories etc but the cliffs are:-

- Coach signed by Stox claims to be 1 million winner online
- Is bankrupt
- Coaching is allegedly a scam as he is allegedly a losing player
- Runs an allegedly bogus 'Camp Macau' where various staking/multi-accounting and rakeback activities take place for his benefit and to the detriment of his team members
- Stox agree to refund partially the coaching fees paid by members to him and strike him off.

Pretty carzy stuff - but anything that leads to more careful vetting of coaches on training sites can only be a good thing I guess.

On a lighter note if you want a laugh the Camp Afghanistan (Jason Ho Parody) video is on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ks8ZkLbmXmE
moculon est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Jan 30, 2010, 6:03pm   #2
Boomer2k6
TWLLM'ing My Showdowns

Boomer2k6 has a spectacular aura aboutBoomer2k6 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Boomer2k6 Send a message via MSN to Boomer2k6 Send a message via Skype™ to Boomer2k6

Been a rough few months for Stoxpoker that's for sure...

First several big names leave, including on eof the biggest leaving the site for one which nobody's ever heard of, (Leatherass, Jared, mbolt1, skelm, hunter, GiantBuddha)

Then it turns out, according to the release from Stox, that the ONE guy they didn't vet properly who claimed to be a $1m winner in 2007 and was actually bankrupt owing the UK government over £60k (including what were down as £40k gambling losses) and someone who, according to people who've talked to him/seen his vids/knew his screenname was someone who would be hard pushed beating 200NL.

Definitely lack of QA from Stox, which they've admitted to, and a whole lot of naievity from those who got really taken for a ride on the Macau deals and obviously douchebaggery from Ho.

Stox have bascially done all they can to cover their ass and avoid a situation where it could potentially have had legal ramifications as to how "responisble" Stox would have been but they have come out admitting at least partial fault so they haven't tried to hide it.

Obviously Ho's rep is completely ruined and he'll be blackballed from poker forever but Stox's has also taken damage, yes they've admitted fault and supposedly corrected how this happened but there still remains the fact that this should NEVER have been allowed to happen. Dunno about you guys but when someone claims to be a huge winner in the games and to have "solved" games and wants a coaching gig, I'd be asking him to prove it before letting him loose on my site whereas, apparently, he was taken on board having done a couple of micro/small stakes vids which tbh I'm pretty sure most guys who even have half a clue could do to SOME competency.

Limit Holdem: Because All 4 Streets Matter!!

You've Nowhere to Hide
Nowhere to Run
You're Rage, It'll
BURN Like the Heart of the Sun!!
With Infinite Glee
It's Going to be Me
That Minbets The World!!!

Last edited by Boomer2k6; Jan 30, 2010 at 6:05pm.
Boomer2k6 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2010, 8:16pm   #3
killcrazy
Apex Predator

killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

presumably he's a red pro now?

Kc
Old Jan 30, 2010, 8:40pm   #4
Snaggle
Professional

Snaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to behold
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

The real question is how much input did he have with StoxEv?

Why do people keep typing "GG" when I go AI in the short stack with 72o?
Snaggle est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2010, 9:04pm   #5
killcrazy
Apex Predator

killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

no, the real question is how much did he charge for coaching...

(see, i can be the set up man as well as the punchline man)

Kc
Old Jan 30, 2010, 10:28pm   #6
jimmytrick
Professional

jimmytrick is just really nicejimmytrick is just really nicejimmytrick is just really nicejimmytrick is just really nice

big lie theory imo, if you say you can grind a dime people are skeptical but claim to be a rainmaker people eat it up because they want to believe their own miracle is just around the bend...

we had a version of this here with the Ishbu ....

this veritable coaching bloom is a natural result of the games becoming less beatable... folks are just looking to make a buck anyway they can..

reasonable to suspect a lot of folks can have good looking life stats so long as they are using only the 8 of their 27 accounts that actually ran good..

but it takes a certain personality type and psychology to do this...when it comes to just cheating people I suck, I don't have the constitution for it. Its not good character that keeps me straight. I just don't have what it takes to be bad like that.

Its a gift no doubt, a genuine talent and if you are going to hate people like this at least you should embrace the fact that its not all a rejection of high immorality.

killcrazy you should go for somethng like this i think you'd have a knack

jimmytrick est déconnecté   Reply With Quote