THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Feb 05, 2010, 2:38am   #1
IronLen1972
Degenerate

IronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant future
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!
Default analysis paralysis

been a bit low confidence over the last while. even with a strong showing and taking 2nd in a big mtt to heavily boost my bank roll.

sharkscope has me being a good solid player but my graph looks like a ski slope that runs into a cliff.

anyways, my point is I need to find my confidence again and I don't think looking at sharkscope, hand histories and whatnot really helps all that much when it comes to regaining confidence...

It certainly helps lots of other ways, don't get me wrong. Plugging leaks = good.

if you lose confidence - don't try and find it in statistics though. I am in the midst of my first bout of analysis paralysis. I am spiraling into looking at my game over and over and over....and over. The reality is i am doubting my ability and looking at my hh's just underlines that lack of confidence.

I am sure I will work it out of my system, and find my game.

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Feb 05, 2010, 2:46am   #2
SwoopAE
CAPITAO

SwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

PM me your MSN and i'll come watch a session and analyse your game for leaks if you like?

I had a bit of a crisis of confidence around October, it had been ages since I hit a big score, my bankroll was sinking and I was wondering if I had new leaks in my game I just couldnt see, fortunately I kept grinding and i'm up 30k over the past two months

SwoopAE est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 05, 2010, 3:42am   #3
killcrazy
Apex Predator

killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwoopAE View Post
fortunately I kept grinding and i'm up 30k over the past two months
so your advice is to get hit in the face with the deck for a couple of months while continuing to bemoan your misfortune and ignoring the concept of variance? ;)

OP, confidence is a tricky beast. If you've lost confidence in yourself, your own analysis isn't necessarilly going to help you restore confidence because the doubts about your game will also be there in your analysis.

it's hard to not be results orientated, which you are being, even when you know you shouldn't, which you do, and even when you know you are, which you also are/do/know.

external validation may at least provide a jump start, or keep you going. post hand histories or analyse other peoples', or take swoop up on his offer. i can't think of a better exemplar of confidence than swoop when he's winning.

you might simply be better off taking a break, particularly if poker is getting you down or you think your play is emotionally compromised.

Kc
Old Feb 05, 2010, 4:26am   #4
SwoopAE
CAPITAO

SwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

What KC said

Obviously i'm on an upswing. Life is good when you're upswinging though

Old Feb 05, 2010, 10:14am   #5
4Kings
Brunson

4Kings is on a distinguished road

maybe you should take poker off for a while
you might have a better perspective on things after a break
Old Feb 05, 2010, 10:16am   #6
medhopz
Brunson

medhopz will become famous soon enoughmedhopz will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to medhopz

yeah, taking a break always helps me.
medhopz est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 05, 2010, 10:05pm   #7
IronLen1972
Degenerate

IronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant future
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

I can't figure out any uncomplicated way of sharing a 25mb file so people can download it. I have a stupidly fast internet connection both up and down (500++k/s up and 2000++k/s down) so if anyone has a suggestion im all ears.

It is an entire hand history of my recent play at Cake.

Suggestions? I am trying to construct a torrent download with limited success thus far. I have compacted them into a rar file, created a torrent and selected a couple of popular trackers, checked off start seeding and save. Now I have a red exclamation point and not much more progress.

Last edited by IronLen1972; Feb 05, 2010 at 10:24pm.
IronLen1972 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 05, 2010, 10:36pm   #8
KTC
Grinder

KTC will become famous soon enough

FileFront, MediaFile, Megaupload, RapidShare, ... ?
KTC est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 05, 2010, 10:58pm   #9
IronLen1972
Degenerate

KTC you rock.

http://rapidshare.com/files/34648361..._LOVE.rar.html

allows ten downloads

If the ten download limit is reached (I doubt that) we can cross that bridge when we come to it.
Old Feb 06, 2010, 12:37am   #10
SwoopAE
CAPITAO

I'll take a look after my session today.