THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Jan 14, 2010, 8:32pm   #1
LimpIn
Doyle Look-alike

LimpIn will become famous soon enough
Default What to do when...

a flop hits as hard as this. I think I extracted maximum value given the circumstances but does anybody do anything differently?

Hand #2110011665001978 begins at 2010/01/14
Dealing down cards
Dealt to Caitlin1988 [7s 7h]
Red***9 posts the small blind of $0.50
44DD***10 posts the big blind of $1
Caitlin1988 raises to $2.
Rajo***3 raises to $3.
bruu***4 folds.
leon***8 calls $3.
Red***9 calls $2.50.
44DD***10 calls $2.
Caitlin1988 calls $1.
Dealing Flop [7c 7d 5c]
Red***9 bets $1.
44DD***10 calls $1.
Caitlin1988 calls $1.
Rajo***3 raises to $2.
leon***8 calls $2.
Red***9 calls $1.
44DD***10 calls $1.
Caitlin1988 calls $1.
Dealing Turn [3d]
Red***9 checks.
44DD***10 checks.
Caitlin1988 checks.
Rajo***3 bets $2.
leon***8 calls $2.
Red***9 calls $2.
44DD***10 calls $2.
Caitlin1988 raises to $4.
Rajo***3 calls $2.
leon***8 calls $2.
Red***9 calls $2.
44DD***10 calls $2.
Dealing River [9h]
Red***9 checks.
44DD***10 checks.
Caitlin1988 bets $2.
Rajo***3 calls $2.
leon***8 folds.
Red***9 folds.
44DD***10 calls $2.
Caitlin1988 shows [7s 7h]
Caitlin1988 has Four of a Kind, Sevens
Caitlin1988 wins $50

PS. Tried to find a converter for this but was unable to get one to work.
LimpIn est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Jan 15, 2010, 2:49am   #2
killcrazy
Apex Predator

killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

correct all the way.

Kc
Old Jan 15, 2010, 5:24pm   #3
kmay06
Professional

kmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant future

except the part where you are playing limit he.
Old Jan 15, 2010, 6:16pm   #4
killcrazy
Apex Predator

killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmay06 View Post
except the part where you are playing limit he.
lets play heads up, half 1/2 no limit, half 5-10 limit. i assure you, you will respect this game

Kc
Old Jan 16, 2010, 12:38am   #5
kmay06
Professional

kmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by killcrazy View Post
lets play heads up, half 1/2 no limit, half 5-10 limit. i assure you, you will respect this game

Kc
To be honest, I can see some upsides to the game. Namely, that the mistakes people make are often more marginal (not losing their stack all at once, just missing 1bb here or there) and thus harder to correct, allowing good players to have a good edge that way. But god was it boring for me.
Old Jan 16, 2010, 8:24am   #6
killcrazy
Apex Predator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmay06 View Post
To be honest, I can see some upsides to the game. Namely, that the mistakes people make are often more marginal (not losing their stack all at once, just missing 1bb here or there) and thus harder to correct, allowing good players to have a good edge that way. But god was it boring for me.
death by a thousand cuts!

why did you find it boring?

far from boring. unless you have ADD. or don't understand it.

poker is about making correct decisions, more information means more opportunity to make correct decisions. any given limit hand has more actions by each player than its no limit counterpart, this means more information for the player, and better informed decisions.

even if that decision is usually "the pot's too big, i have to call"

Kc
Old Jan 16, 2010, 8:04pm   #7
Boomer2k6
TWLLM'ing My Showdowns

Boomer2k6 has a spectacular aura aboutBoomer2k6 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Boomer2k6 Send a message via MSN to Boomer2k6 Send a message via Skype™ to Boomer2k6

For me it's the other way around, I find NLHE sleep-inducing awful as a cash game and I utterly hate tournaments so I'm left with not much else aside from PLO which I don't think my blood pressure's ready for.

I'd personally say FL is a GREAT way to develop hand-reading mainly becasue of how showdown oriented the game is, you very quickly learn ranges and how to put people on them in FL and how to take advantage.

Limit Holdem: Because All 4 Streets Matter!!

You've Nowhere to Hide
Nowhere to Run
You're Rage, It'll
BURN Like the Heart of the Sun!!
With Infinite Glee
It's Going to be Me
That Minbets The World!!!

Boomer2k6 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote