THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Feb 04, 2010, 11:26pm   #1
staphros
Wolf Game LVP

staphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant future
Default Issues at cake poker.

This is probably old news to a lot of people but cake poker managed to do an UB/AP worthy fail:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/29...player-702204/

KK > Nut flush.

Post #218 is Lee Jones explanation.
staphros est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Feb 05, 2010, 12:23am   #2
staphros
Wolf Game LVP

staphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant future

Also PS is rigged!

PokerStars Game #39245294453: Tournament #239635143, $3.00+$0.40 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level VII (100/200) - 2010/02/04 20:22:12 ET
Table '239635143 1' 10-max Seat #10 is the button
Seat 6: Hetzel87 (3565 in chips)
Seat 7: Leito909 (7930 in chips)
Seat 9: kinfrox (2355 in chips)
Seat 10: staphros (1150 in chips)
Hetzel87: posts the ante 25
Leito909: posts the ante 25
kinfrox: posts the ante 25
staphros: posts the ante 25
Hetzel87: posts small blind 100
Leito909: posts big blind 200
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to staphros [Kh Ks]
kinfrox: folds
staphros: raises 400 to 600
Hetzel87: folds
Leito909: raises 1600 to 2200
staphros: calls 525 and is all-in
Uncalled bet (1075) returned to Leito909
*** FLOP *** [Ad Kd 7c]
*** TURN *** [Ad Kd 7c] [7s]
*** RIVER *** [Ad Kd 7c 7s] [Kc]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
Leito909: shows [7d 7h] (four of a kind, Sevens)
staphros: shows [Kh Ks] (four of a kind, Kings)
staphros collected 2450 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 2450 | Rake 0
Board [Ad Kd 7c 7s Kc]
Seat 6: Hetzel87 (small blind) folded before Flop
Seat 7: Leito909 (big blind) showed [7d 7h] and lost with four of a kind, Sevens
Seat 9: kinfrox folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 10: staphros (button) showed [Kh Ks] and won (2450) with four of a kind, Kings
Old Feb 05, 2010, 4:55am   #3
Snaggle
Professional

Snaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to behold
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Pokerstars epic failure and response. A player playing two tourneys. PS gave them only two options of play raise or all in. They captured the screens showing this and sent them to poker stars. Response "it's all your fault" they did refund them the cheaper buy in though. Cake's response to their bug was +EV for their players, while PS's was +EV only for pokerstars. Cake is plus one pokerstars chants $434! After witnessing their behavior I don't think that their customer service can even be called mediocre despite their generally good rep.

PS I'm not that player

Why do people keep typing "GG" when I go AI in the short stack with 72o?
Snaggle est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2010, 11:56am   #4
4Kings
Brunson

4Kings is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggle View Post
Pokerstars epic failure and response. A player playing two tourneys. PS gave them only two options of play raise or all in. They captured the screens showing this and sent them to poker stars. Response "it's all your fault" they did refund them the cheaper buy in though. Cake's response to their bug was +EV for their players, while PS's was +EV only for pokerstars. Cake is plus one pokerstars chants $434! After witnessing their behavior I don't think that their customer service can even be called mediocre despite their generally good rep.

PS I'm not that player
I think PokerStars are the BEST
Old Jun 04, 2010, 1:10pm   #5
sexypokerfan
Flop Artist

sexypokerfan will become famous soon enoughsexypokerfan will become famous soon enough

So it's true that PokerStars is rigged?
sexypokerfan est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 04, 2010, 3:35pm   #6
IronLen1972
Degenerate

IronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant future
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

no
Old Jun 08, 2010, 3:45am   #7
Axis of Evil
fantasy champ

Axis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond repute

Upon request, Pokerstars sent me the sourcecode to their RNG and after careful analysis it looks pretty random to me. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm up ten million on the day so I gotta get back at it.
Axis of Evil est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 08, 2010, 5:19am   #8
kmay06
Professional

kmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by staphros View Post
This is probably old news to a lot of people but cake poker managed to do an UB/AP worthy fail:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/29...player-702204/

KK > Nut flush.

Post #218 is Lee Jones explanation.
Not even close to a UB fail. The problem with UB wasn't just that a hand got awarded to the wrong person. Codes have issues, and sometimes they aren't known until something happens that doesn't happen very often. Then you fix it. They are just programmed by humans with imperfect knowledge.

Where Lee Jones differs is that instead of hiding things or blowing things off or delaying things, he fixes it quickly and is open about it with the internet community and offers incentive to anyone who can find it happening in a different hand.
Old Jun 09, 2010, 2:33am   #9
staphros
Wolf Game LVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmay06 View Post
Not even close to a UB fail. The problem with UB wasn't just that a hand got awarded to the wrong person. Codes have issues, and sometimes they aren't known until something happens that doesn't happen very often. Then you fix it. They are just programmed by humans with imperfect knowledge.

Where Lee Jones differs is that instead of hiding things or blowing things off or delaying things, he fixes it quickly and is open about it with the internet community and offers incentive to anyone who can find it happening in a different hand.

I was comparing it to the hand Hellmouth "won". Everything else UB does is far worse, from the inside corruption to the bad security thewy are awful. However singular greed > common good so they are still in business ldo.
Old Jun 18, 2010, 1:33pm   #10
sexypokerfan
Flop Artist

sexypokerfan will become famous soon enoughsexypokerfan will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axis of Evil View Post
Upon request, Pokerstars sent me the sourcecode to their RNG and after careful analysis it looks pretty random to me. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm up ten million on the day so I gotta get back at it.
Hmm, sorry to ask but is that legal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmay06 View Post

All codes programmed is imperfect. True.
sexypokerfan est déconnecté   Reply With Quote