THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum

Go Back   PokerTips.org Forums > General Discussion > Poker Stories

Old Feb 15, 2010, 10:25pm   #1
IronLen1972
Degenerate

IronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant future
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!
Default Continuation Bet at the Home Game: More Observations

This is a continuation of this thread:

http://www.pokertips.org/forums/show...424#post824424

I have played plenty more at the same few local home games. I have been running well and aside from a few speed bumps it has remained a profitable venture. This brings me to my first and fairly obvious observation. If everything else remains constant a game that was profitable will remain profitable. The bad players tend to remain so unless some external influence effects them.

Segway to a great Doyle-ism. He has claimed that there isn't a game he hasn't been invited back to, no matter how bad he crushed the game. I have taken great pains to be a really nice guy even when the loser is acting very aggressively. Big pots versus bad players can end up very confrontational, especially when you mix in drugs, alcohol, or emotional distress. It is an essential component of your game to be able to be cool in combative situations. Angry, aggressive players are common, get used to dealing with them early and don't let them unbalance your game.

After reading the above comment and observation, I felt the need to add: (1) if they really have it coming (2) they clearly step over the line and (3) your capable of backing it up then (4) offer to kick the shit out of them because you will likely be the table hero for years and years to come thus assuring you a seat at the game for all eternity.

Lending off the table as stated in my previous post isn't a bad idea if you know the player. However I have learned a very painful lesson from this. I set a precedent by lending to a player and he got in deeper, and deeper, and deeper with me. His mark with me is standing at 14 buy ins and he has mysteriously stopped coming to any of our games. As it turns out he is out over 50 buy ins across several games that I was unaware of. Lending to bad players needs to have a very, very tight cap. If they are a bad player at your game, they are a bad player at all the other local games too.

If you drink enough red bull at a home game, you can actually see thru space and time.

Attractive women at a home game who are not regulars REALLY upset the balance and flow of the game. It is rediculous. We have a girl who shows up once in a rare blue moon, a girlfriend of one of our regulars. She deliberately dresses like a tramp, and believe me...no one complains. But everyone plays her soft, everyone wants her to stay and no one wants her to go broke. Beware!!

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Feb 22, 2010, 10:50pm   #2
IronLen1972
Degenerate

IronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant future
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

so drunk.

abusive color.

shameful.