THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Feb 21, 2010, 4:43am   #1
DownUnderNut
Fish

DownUnderNut is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Is Folding Here Very Bad?

First post here so forgive me if this seems straightforward. No reads except the all in villian has been a rock. Original raiser has only just been moved. Is folding terrible? Or do I reraise to iso? From memory we are in the money already.

Poker Stars, $11 Buy-in (800/1,600 blinds, 150 ante) NL Hold'em Tourney, 9 Players
Hand History Converter[/url] by Stoxpoker[/url]
UTG: 38,001 (23.8 bb)
UTG+1: 48,537 (30.3 bb)
MP1: 50,945 (31.8 bb)
MP2: 45,462 (28.4 bb)
MP3: 11,717 (7.3 bb)
BTN: 36,083 (22.6 bb)
Hero (SB): 34,255 (21.4 bb)
BB: 19,215 (12 bb)
CO: 21,366 (13.4 bb)
Pre-Flop: Hero is SB with T:diamond: T:club:
4 folds, MP2 raises to 3,200, MP3 raises to 11,567 and is all-in, BTN folds, Hero????????????
DownUnderNut est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Apr 17, 2010, 8:40pm   #2
Poker Guru
River Rat

Poker Guru is on a distinguished road

This is an easy call.
Poker Guru est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 04, 2010, 3:45pm   #3
Got 6 Aces
Unprofessional

Got 6 Aces will become famous soon enoughGot 6 Aces will become famous soon enough

Go here... http://www.pokerstove.com/

Learn to use the software and fiddle about with hands v's various hand ranges until you've got an idea of how much equity certain hands need in different spots like said TT hand.

I would re-raise to isolate, the min-raise from the new guy seems table-captainy. He's the big stack recently moved and is probably testing the water to see how a min-raise is responded to. So his range there is quite wide and TT is strong v's it.

The short stack rock could have just been card dead and waiting for something with a small amount of showdown value, his stack is desperate so once again his range there is beaten by your TT.

If one of them flips JJ+ then meh it happens, with the dead money in the pot you're happy to race short stack, and if you're racing the new guy and win then you're on for a deep run. In fact i'm probably re-raising 66+, AQ+ in that spot just because of all the dead money.
Old Jun 07, 2010, 2:17pm   #4
IronLen1972
Degenerate

IronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant future
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Your question was "Is folding here very bad?"

Instead of saying what I think you should do, or what I would do, I'll answer your question instead.

Short version is folding there is NOT VERY BAD. If you are already in the money, have no chips committed to the pot and have someone left to act after you while facing a significant raise in relation to your stack size. Yes you can fold. Pocket tens are quite vulnerable in a three way pot. You could race with it versus one, but probably not two. Versus a no read situation you can certainly look for a better spot.