THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Mar 06, 2010, 10:20am   #1
kyo3030
Flop Artist

kyo3030 is on a distinguished road
Default Set over set

Okay, obviously there is no getting away from this hand at any point. But I'd like to know if there was anything I could have reasonably done to prevent this from happening. This is from a live game tonight.

I'm two in front of the button . Two early limpers. I call, SB calls, BB checks.

Flop is . SB checks, BB bets, the others fold, I call, SB calls. I know with upmost certainty that BB has at a strong A, maybe even AK. SB is somewhat loose and extremely passive and I have really no idea what she has.

Turn is . SB checks, BB bets, I raise, both call.

River is a blank, they check, I bet, they call. SB shows

Sick beat, cooler, whatever. But I'm wondering if it was at all in line for me to raise the flop. SB has a silly hand but is drawing live. Would it be at all +EV to get heads up with BB, or am I just tilting and drunk?

Last edited by kyo3030; Mar 06, 2010 at 10:49am.
kyo3030 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Mar 06, 2010, 10:53am   #2
SwoopAE
CAPITAO

SwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

You're tilting and drunk

Raise the flop for value if you think they will call but if it means you dont get a raise in on the turn, then raise the turn instead and bet the river for value obviously. You should basically be trying to cap every street on a board of this context live without losing your action (obviously on turn and river, flop call is fine IF you think they fold or don't bet/raise the turn if you raise the flop)

SwoopAE est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 06, 2010, 7:48pm   #3
killcrazy
Apex Predator

killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

as played is fine.

how are you putting BB on a strong ace when he checked preflop?

Kc
Old Mar 07, 2010, 1:50am   #4
kyo3030
Flop Artist

kyo3030 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwoopAE View Post
You're tilting and drunk

Raise the flop for value if you think they will call but if it means you dont get a raise in on the turn, then raise the turn instead and bet the river for value obviously. You should basically be trying to cap every street on a board of this context live without losing your action (obviously on turn and river, flop call is fine IF you think they fold or don't bet/raise the turn if you raise the flop)
Pretty much what I was thinking...results oriented thinking + alcohol = silly questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by killcrazy View Post
as played is fine.

how are you putting BB on a strong ace when he checked preflop?

Kc
Well I guess I meant he had at least the ace or two pair, thought it was probably not a 6 since I had a set. I've played with the guy before and he's pretty weak tight. He would never bet out anything weaker. Plus he had a "I can't believe I finally hit a board" look on his face.
kyo3030 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote