THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Mar 13, 2010, 7:09am   #1
TWLLM

TWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to behold
Default Should have stayed retired

Fold river?

Full Tilt Poker Game #19207571029: Table Hermes - $1/$2 - No Limit Hold'em - 2:01:43 ET - 2010/03/13
Seat 1: EngPhys ($205)
Seat 2: Denzonz ($205.15)
Seat 3: Mi_Profile23 ($237.20)
Seat 4: Hunter899 ($330.75)
Seat 5: Mrreadchips ($224.05)
Seat 6: Plasphemy ($388.75)
Seat 7: Mucking Faster ($383)
Seat 8: ice5688 ($200)
Seat 9: KAZA1EX ($219.35)
Mucking Faster posts the small blind of $1
ice5688 posts the big blind of $2
The button is in seat #6
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Mrreadchips [Ad Ac]
KAZA1EX folds
EngPhys folds
Denzonz calls $2
Mi_Profile23 folds
Hunter899 folds
Mrreadchips raises to $9
Plasphemy calls $9
Mucking Faster folds
ice5688 folds
Denzonz calls $7
*** FLOP *** [Ah 9s 3h]
Denzonz checks
Mrreadchips checks
Plasphemy bets $20
Denzonz folds
Mrreadchips has 15 seconds left to act
Mrreadchips calls $20
*** TURN *** [Ah 9s 3h] [2h]
Mrreadchips checks
Plasphemy checks
*** RIVER *** [Ah 9s 3h 2h] [9c]
Mrreadchips bets $55
Plasphemy raises to $254
Mrreadchips calls $140.05, and is all in
Uncalled bet of $58.95 returned to Plasphemy
*** SHOW DOWN ***
Plasphemy shows [9d 9h] four of a kind, Nines
Mrreadchips mucks
Plasphemy wins the pot ($457.10) with four of a kind, Nines
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $460.10 | Rake $3
Board: [Ah 9s 3h 2h 9c]
Seat 1: EngPhys didn't bet (folded)
Seat 2: Denzonz folded on the Flop
Seat 3: Mi_Profile23 didn't bet (folded)
Seat 4: Hunter899 didn't bet (folded)
Seat 5: Mrreadchips mucked [Ad Ac] - a full house, Aces full of Nines
Seat 6: Plasphemy (button) showed [9d 9h] and won ($457.10) with four of a kind, Nines
Seat 7: Mucking Faster (small blind) folded before the Flop
Seat 8: ice5688 (big blind) folded before the Flop
Seat 9: KAZA1EX didn't bet (folded)

Standard. Not like it was a flip half-way through a tourney, that would belong in the challenge thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleU
Oh, and obviously, TWLLM, we'd all rather you just ruled with an iron fist of nittiness and made all decisions without consultation, but that goes without saying, right?
TWLLM est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Mar 13, 2010, 11:39am   #2
SwoopAE
CAPITAO

SwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

You get set over setted a lot. That's the least exciting type of one-outer it's more fun when they make a straight flush to beat your quads

SwoopAE est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2010, 3:46pm   #3
TWLLM

TWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwoopAE View Post
You get set over setted a lot. That's the least exciting type of one-outer it's more fun when they make a straight flush to beat your quads
You're just jealous of my good luck.

Quote:
Oh, and obviously, TWLLM, we'd all rather you just ruled with an iron fist of nittiness and made all decisions without consultation, but that goes without saying, right?
Old Mar 13, 2010, 5:21pm   #4
BubbleBoy
BubbleBoy

BubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

money put in ahead: $29
money put in behind: $190

well played

BubbleBoy est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2010, 8:56pm   #5
TWLLM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbleBoy View Post
money put in ahead: $29
money put in behind: $190

well played
LDO. That's why I was asking whether I should fold river... com'on BB, where's the sage advice? How DO we play the river correctly?

Quote:
Old Mar 13, 2010, 9:45pm   #6
killcrazy
Apex Predator

killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

the river is the least of your problems here.

Kc
Old Mar 13, 2010, 10:55pm   #7
TWLLM

Quote:
Originally Posted by killcrazy View Post

Kc
You're the guy who Ozone quoted about playing in a vacuum, right?

Quote:
Old Mar 15, 2010, 5:56pm   #8
Mr Beaks
Don't got it going on

Mr Beaks is just really niceMr Beaks is just really niceMr Beaks is just really niceMr Beaks is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by killcrazy View Post

Kc
Seriously, this.

Raise flop, bet turn? I don't know mate......just do something!
Old Mar 15, 2010, 6:36pm   #9
TWLLM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Beaks View Post
Seriously, this.

Raise flop, bet turn? I don't know mate......just do something!
I played the hand right for my read on the player behind me. In a vacuum, obviously I should generally bet the flop and proceeded from there.

It would be nice though if we all didn't instantly look for a 'reason' why bad luck struck.

But who am I kidding? Clearly I let him 'get there'.

Quote:
Old Mar 15, 2010, 8:24pm   #10
Mr Beaks
Don't got it going on

Mr Beaks is just really niceMr Beaks is just really niceMr Beaks is just really niceMr Beaks is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWLLM View Post
I played the hand right for my read on the player behind me. In a vacuum, obviously I should generally bet the flop and proceeded from there.

It would be nice though if we all didn't instantly look for a 'reason' why bad luck struck.

But who am I kidding? Clearly I let him 'get there'.
Well, let's not deny it was very bad luck, but building some kind of pot before the river would be nice!