THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Mar 20, 2010, 7:17pm   #1
Wino Whines
Flop Artist

Wino Whines is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Expected Hourly Profit

Let's say you are a solid "winning" player in Limit (i.e. +EV 7/10 sessions), for the following games, what should be the expected hourly profit with 100 hours logged?

2/4
3/6
5/10

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Mar 21, 2010, 12:11am   #2
Boomer2k6
TWLLM'ing My Showdowns

Boomer2k6 has a spectacular aura aboutBoomer2k6 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Boomer2k6 Send a message via MSN to Boomer2k6 Send a message via Skype™ to Boomer2k6

Your question is too vague to answer.

There are factors like:

1) How many tables do you play
2) What site do you play on (assuming Internet Poker)
3) Do you have a Rakeback deal (it's money in your pocket either way)
4) How big of a winning player are you? 0.5BB/100?? 2BB/100?
5) Are you paying taxes on your winnings?

Which you aren't addressing.

Bascailly you get about 80 hands p/hr in on any 6-max table on a site like Stars or Full Tilt. It's pretty easy to take a 1BB/100 or whatever winner and just do the maths from there.

Limit Holdem: Because All 4 Streets Matter!!

You've Nowhere to Hide
Nowhere to Run
You're Rage, It'll
BURN Like the Heart of the Sun!!
With Infinite Glee
It's Going to be Me
That Minbets The World!!!

Last edited by Boomer2k6; Mar 21, 2010 at 12:13am.
Boomer2k6 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2010, 10:47am   #3
glockers
Professional

glockers is a splendid one to beholdglockers is a splendid one to beholdglockers is a splendid one to beholdglockers is a splendid one to beholdglockers is a splendid one to beholdglockers is a splendid one to beholdglockers is a splendid one to beholdglockers is a splendid one to behold

Based on my 3 hour session in a 0.25/0.50 game hourly expectation is 100bb an hour.
glockers est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2010, 10:48am   #4
glockers
Professional

glockers is a splendid one to beholdglockers is a splendid one to beholdglockers is a splendid one to beholdglockers is a splendid one to beholdglockers is a splendid one to beholdglockers is a splendid one to beholdglockers is a splendid one to beholdglockers is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by glockers View Post
Based on my 3 hour session in a 0.25/0.50 game hourly expectation is 100bb an hour.
Oops it was no limit.
glockers est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2010, 10:53pm   #5
Wino Whines
Flop Artist

Wino Whines is an unknown quantity at this point

Looks like I've been averaging ~ 10-15 BB/Hr at 1-3 hr. stints....not sure how that stacks up...??
Old Mar 22, 2010, 12:12am   #6
killcrazy
Apex Predator

killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

you actually shouldn't be alive at the moment, because you're running hot enough to ionise the oxygen you're breathing.

enjoy it. but long term, 2BB/100 hands is very respectable in the modern game.

Kc
Old Mar 23, 2010, 5:42am   #7
Snaggle
Professional

Snaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to behold
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
Looks like I've been averaging ~ 10-15 BB/Hr at 1-3 hr. stints....not sure how that stacks up...??
You're either a rising poker god or incredibly lucky or both.

Why do people keep typing "GG" when I go AI in the short stack with 72o?
Snaggle est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2010, 10:29am   #8
Iestyn75
Professional

Iestyn75 will become famous soon enoughIestyn75 will become famous soon enough

Not quite sure why I'm only recorded back to October last year, but Poker Edge says I've played 21,540 hands of 0.25/0.50 for a profit of $202.

As a recreational player, I usually log around 300-400 hands on a normal day, most often with between 4-7 tables open at any one time (full ring). Not often more than 1500 a week though by the looks of things since October, but then I'll have some days when I choose to play a series of sngs instead..

I've been beating this level at this sort of rate for a while and looking at the stats of my regular opponents on poker edge, I'd say that that this sort of profit is fairly normal for a winning microstakes player.
Iestyn75 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2010, 3:18pm   #9
killcrazy
Apex Predator

killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

404BB over 21.5k hands, just shy of 2BB/100, solid winrate, you shouldn't have any difficulties if you move up to 50c/1.

Kc
Old Mar 23, 2010, 5:07pm   #10
Boomer2k6
TWLLM'ing My Showdowns

Boomer2k6 has a spectacular aura aboutBoomer2k6 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Boomer2k6 Send a message via MSN to Boomer2k6 Send a message via Skype™ to Boomer2k6

Quote:
Originally Posted by killcrazy View Post
404BB over 21.5k hands, just shy of 2BB/100, solid winrate, you shouldn't have any difficulties if you move up to 50c/1.

Kc
Agreed very solid winrate means you're definitely in the top tier of players at your level.

As for the OP, again there's a bit of a lack of context in 10-15BB/hr over 100 hours since if it's live that could be a 3500-4000 hand sample which we know is pretty much irrelevant, or it could be 10-tabling (i.e. almost 100k hands) at 1BB/100 which is very impressive.

Limit Holdem: Because All 4 Streets Matter!!

You've Nowhere to Hide
Nowhere to Run
You're Rage, It'll
BURN Like the Heart of the Sun!!
With Infinite Glee
It's Going to be Me
That Minbets The World!!!

Boomer2k6 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote