THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Mar 23, 2010, 10:18pm   #11
Wino Whines
Flop Artist

Wino Whines is an unknown quantity at this point

To be fair, as I've gone up in limits from 1/2 thru 6/12, definitely a direct correlation of lower hourly relational profit as you move up. A little better in live games, but all in all more toward 5-7 BB/Hr. in the bigger games throwing out the top (win/loss) sessions on the high and low end for an average.

I'll need more hands as this is only over 3-month period and less than 100 hrs.

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Mar 24, 2010, 4:16am   #12
killcrazy
Apex Predator

killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wino Whines View Post
To be fair, as I've gone up in limits from 1/2 thru 6/12, definitely a direct correlation of lower hourly relational profit as you move up. A little better in live games, but all in all more toward 5-7 BB/Hr. in the bigger games throwing out the top (win/loss) sessions on the high and low end for an average.

I'll need more hands as this is only over 3-month period and less than 100 hrs.
this is like the third post where he claims to be a massive winner and has no idea how to gauge his winrate, or understand what he's being asked for to help him gauge it.

my guess is, he's that fuckbasket that is always at your table, is always hanging around with hands that make no sense, and is always up exactly what you're down.

Kc
Old Mar 24, 2010, 10:26am   #13
Iestyn75
Professional

Iestyn75 will become famous soon enoughIestyn75 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
but all in all more toward 5-7 BB/Hr.
imo hourly profit is only worth looking at by professional players (or aspiring professionals) who need to consider poker as a career against other things they could be doing with their life. In theory, if I 8-tabled for 8 hours a day, I could play approx 8x8x60=3840 hands in a working day. I'd need to be winning 2/BB per 100 at the $3/6 limit level to get anywhere close to my currently salary, and that's without considering the annual leave, pension, insurance and other benefits of the regular job.

In short, forget hourly profit period.

Thanks to Kc and Boomer for their valued comments on winrate and solidity, and to the suggestion that I graduate to 0.50/1! In truth, my reluctance to do so is in part in my head, and part bankroll management. I've rarely got more than $400 in my account, and though happy to put $70-100 on tables at any one time, doubling that (when I know what a poor session can be) is a touch too far for the b/r. If I'm worried I'll play scared, I almost certainly will - hell, Poker Edge calls me a mouse for my timidity as it is. And though I don't give a stuff about the tag if my winrate is good, tight and passive (I'd like to think 'rock' rather than 'mouse' but hey!) needs to change a bit first perhaps?
Iestyn75 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2010, 2:44pm   #14
killcrazy
Apex Predator

killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iestyn75 View Post
Poker Edge calls me a mouse for my timidity as it is. And though I don't give a stuff about the tag if my winrate is good, tight and passive (I'd like to think 'rock' rather than 'mouse' but hey!) needs to change a bit first perhaps?
ratings thingumies always say i'm spectacularly passive and therefore fishy. passivity can work in a game where everyone thinks they have to be aggressive. your opponents probably are calling too much though, so aggression is good. what's your aggression factor overall and on each street?

when you move up you should at least half the number of tables you're playing because you should be paying more attention to every individual hand. so you shouldnt actually have any more money in play than you did before.

Kc
Old Mar 24, 2010, 8:18pm   #15
Iestyn75
Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by killcrazy View Post
what's your aggression factor overall and on each street?

Kc
Ok

agg. factor overall is 1.86
preflop:
my vp$ip is 19%, pfr 6.3% (rising to 9.3% if I'm first in, 9.8% on the button)

agg.factor: flop is 2.11; turn 1.9 and river 1.32
Old Mar 24, 2010, 9:02pm   #16
killcrazy
Apex Predator

you're playing 9-10 handed?

Kc
Old Mar 24, 2010, 9:35pm   #17
Iestyn75
Professional

yes - in fact my short-handed stats are so appallingly bad that I'm not even going to share them here!
Old Mar 24, 2010, 10:44pm   #18
Boomer2k6
TWLLM'ing My Showdowns

Boomer2k6 has a spectacular aura aboutBoomer2k6 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Boomer2k6 Send a message via MSN to Boomer2k6 Send a message via Skype™ to Boomer2k6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iestyn75 View Post
yes - in fact my short-handed stats are so appallingly bad that I'm not even going to share them here!
Well your VPIP's the same as mine FR

Hey i remember posting a pic somewhere where I played 24/10 SH...we all change

Limit Holdem: Because All 4 Streets Matter!!

You've Nowhere to Hide
Nowhere to Run
You're Rage, It'll
BURN Like the Heart of the Sun!!
With Infinite Glee
It's Going to be Me
That Minbets The World!!!

Boomer2k6 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2010, 9:48pm   #19
Wino Whines
Flop Artist

Wino Whines is an unknown quantity at this point

FWIW, the goal in my lower-end online games ($2/$4 & $3/$6) is to make 20-50% my buy-in and get out. I always buy-in at 50x BB. So, in my 2/4 game, if I buy in for $100 and I make $50 on the first couple of hands I get out asap and call it a day. That one session could .25 of an hour. Likewise, if I lose 50% I get out asap.

I have just found that online, I cannot seem to ever get past more than 2x my buy-in (very rare) no matter how long I play. So, when I make a good hit early, I bail. Almost every time I hang around and play long sessions, my profit dwindles whether doing well or bad. If I hover at 20-30% profit for that session/buy-in for more than 30 min. I also bail.

Anyway, I've found shorter sessions to be way more profitable and do my best to stay away from the one table that zaps your bankroll once you start chasing the loses and adding chips. No matter what, long sessions at a table for ME are rarely big profits.

Live, different story....
Old Mar 28, 2010, 10:03pm   #20
the_fox31
Resident Fox

the_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wino Whines View Post
FWIW, the goal in my lower-end online games ($2/$4 & $3/$6) is to make 20-50% my buy-in and get out. I always buy-in at 50x BB. So, in my 2/4 game, if I buy in for $100 and I make $50 on the first couple of hands I get out asap and call it a day. That one session could .25 of an hour. Likewise, if I lose 50% I get out asap.

I have just found that online, I cannot seem to ever get past more than 2x my buy-in (very rare) no matter how long I play. So, when I make a good hit early, I bail. Almost every time I hang around and play long sessions, my profit dwindles whether doing well or bad. If I hover at 20-30% profit for that session/buy-in for more than 30 min. I also bail.

Anyway, I've found shorter sessions to be way more profitable and do my best to stay away from the one table that zaps your bankroll once you start chasing the loses and adding chips. No matter what, long sessions at a table for ME are rarely big profits.

Live, different story....
What is your explanation for this? Hint: it has nothing to do with cards.