THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Jul 02, 2010, 10:05pm   #231
Kanalratte
abc

Kanalratte has a reputation beyond reputeKanalratte has a reputation beyond reputeKanalratte has a reputation beyond reputeKanalratte has a reputation beyond reputeKanalratte has a reputation beyond reputeKanalratte has a reputation beyond reputeKanalratte has a reputation beyond reputeKanalratte has a reputation beyond reputeKanalratte has a reputation beyond reputeKanalratte has a reputation beyond reputeKanalratte has a reputation beyond repute

White: Ke8, Rf1, Pawn e7
Black: Kg7,Ra2

1st Puzzle:White to move.
2nd Puzzle: Black to move

Valuable endgame-idea

Enjoy

Für so nen Assi aussem Pott is allet Ausland was man nicht über die A40 erreichen kann
Kanalratte est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Jul 02, 2010, 10:22pm   #232
kmay06
Professional

kmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanalratte View Post
White: Ke8, Rf1, Pawn e7
Black: Kg7,Ra2

1st Puzzle:White to move.
2nd Puzzle: Black to move

Valuable endgame-idea

Enjoy
White is I think Kd7. The only not bad move I see for black then is Ra7+ and then you just zig zag your king over to him and convert and trade queen for rook and you are up a rook standard c/m strat applies.

Still working on black to move.
Old Jul 02, 2010, 10:23pm   #233
kmay06
Professional

kmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmay06 View Post
White is I think Kd7. The only not bad move I see for black then is Ra7+ and then you just zig zag your king over to him and convert and trade queen for rook and you are up a rook standard c/m strat applies.

Still working on black to move.
Err, make that Rg1 followed by Re1 if they go K to the h file, then Kd7 etc.
Old Jul 02, 2010, 10:29pm   #234
Kanalratte
abc

Kanalratte has a reputation beyond reputeKanalratte has a reputation beyond reputeKanalratte has a reputation beyond reputeKanalratte has a reputation beyond reputeKanalratte has a reputation beyond reputeKanalratte has a reputation beyond reputeKanalratte has a reputation beyond reputeKanalratte has a reputation beyond reputeKanalratte has a reputation beyond reputeKanalratte has a reputation beyond reputeKanalratte has a reputation beyond repute

The Black move Ra7 is good, but what the Plan with this check??

Rd7 is not good, White can play much better. Idea for White is to hide the King behind the Rook to make the P ito a Q. SO first we should targeting the Black King. I give u a little help, the best move is Rg1 check and black has the choice between the h-line and f6. Also we want something like Re4-Kf7-e6-e5 and to hide the King.
Where to put the Black King?

Für so nen Assi aussem Pott is allet Ausland was man nicht über die A40 erreichen kann
Old Jul 02, 2010, 10:30pm   #235
Kanalratte
abc

Quote:
Err, make that Rg1 followed by Re1 if they go K to the h file, then Kd7 etc.
Against Kd7 Black has alot checks, too many!

Old Jul 02, 2010, 10:38pm   #236
kmay06
Professional

Quote:
The Black move Ra7 is good, but what the Plan with this check??

Rd7 is not good, White can play much better. Idea for White is to hide the King behind the Rook to make the P ito a Q. SO first we should targeting the Black King. I give u a little help, the best move is Rg1 check and black has the choice between the h-line and f6. Also we want something like Re4-Kf7-e6-e5 and to hide the King.
Where to put the Black King?
1. Rg1+ Kh6
2. Re1 Ra7
3. Kf8 Ra8+
4. e8=Q

Ya I need a better chess board software thing. I keep moving stuff around and losing record of my starting position.

That is a win with white to move.

Can black win if it is black to move? I'm seeing a draw possible, but not a win yet.

Last edited by kmay06; Jul 02, 2010 at 10:41pm.
kmay06 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 02, 2010, 10:50pm   #237
Kanalratte
abc

Quote:
1. Rg1+ Kh6
2. Re1 Ra7
3. Kf8 Ra8+
4. e8=Q

Ya I need a better chess board software thing. I keep moving stuff around and losing record of my starting position.

That is a win with white to move.

Can black win if it is black to move? I'm seeing a draw possible, but not a win yet.
Black cant win but he draws when he is to move.

U solved it with White, grats.

Now ship a defending Line for Black please,how to draw?

edit: Ra7 is not good Black first to move, play it better!

Old Jul 02, 2010, 11:18pm   #238
kmay06
Professional

Quote:
Black cant win but he draws when he is to move.

U solved it with White, grats.

Now ship a defending Line for Black please,how to draw?

edit: Ra7 is not good Black first to move, play it better!
Isn't black's drawing just going to be because he can pretty much perma check white's king?

....Ra8+
Kd7 Ra7+
Ke6 Ra6+
Ke5 Ra5+
Ke4 Ra4+

He can't go any further than that else Ra8 then Re8 to Rxe8 and loses a pawn. So Kd5 or something and then Ra5 and Ke6 and Ra6+ and we are back to where we started. White has to settle for a draw because he can't get too far away from his pawn and he can't hide behind it because of the black king.
Old Jul 02, 2010, 11:44pm   #239
killcrazy
Apex Predator

killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

it is also worth knowing that black draws if he can achieve the position; white: K@d7 R@b7 P@e7; black: K@f7 R@a8. this is often the last possible defence and is probably the third most important R+P vs R position in chess (after lucena and philidor). see also, the short side defence. i can scan a couple of pages of muller's fundamental chess endings if web resources can't be found.

Kc
Old Jul 03, 2010, 10:39am   #240
Kanalratte
abc

ure right kmay

Agree KC.

What about this one kmay, lets put all pieces one to the left expect the black Rook. Black is to move, what happends now?