THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Apr 04, 2010, 2:02pm   #31
BubbleBoy
BubbleBoy

BubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

heh thanks for that analysis .
9.de was very bad yeah

11.Rc1 could also end up with 11.. Bxc3 12.Rxc3 Qxd5 with a pretty even situation right?

there's one more option, 11. 000...

BubbleBoy est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Apr 04, 2010, 2:43pm   #32
killcrazy
Apex Predator

killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbleBoy View Post
11.Rc1 could also end up with 11.. Bxc3 12.Rxc3 Qxd5 with a pretty even situation right?
reasonably even, but white definitely has the advantage. white's ahead in development, he may be able to develop his remaining pieces with tempo, he has the initiative and a good rook on the c file. pretty comfortable game for white. it's definitely not black's best choice.

Quote:
0-0-0 was my first instinct but it doesn't work; Bxc3 12.bxc3 Qxc3+ 13.Kb1 0-0 and black is definitely better. 14.dxc6 bxc6 is 0-1 because you can't stop Rb8+.

Kc
Old Apr 04, 2010, 3:32pm   #33
bluesjack9
Professional

bluesjack9 is a name known to allbluesjack9 is a name known to allbluesjack9 is a name known to allbluesjack9 is a name known to allbluesjack9 is a name known to allbluesjack9 is a name known to all

Quote:
heh I got into a funky spot here, whats the best line? White to move.

e: FEN: r1b1k2r/ppp2pp1/2n4p/3Pq3/Qb6/2N5/PP2PPPP/R3KBNR w kq - 0 1
I haven't played chess in years so maybe the game has passed me by but the obvious question here is why didn't you developed your Kingside pieces before you took your Queen out?
bluesjack9 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 05, 2010, 4:12pm   #34
killcrazy
Apex Predator

killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

*flicks through his recent games looking for one worth posting*

oh I know, my win against a FIDE master.

White vs 2305 fide

1.d4 Nf6
2.Nf3 b5

b5 is not as fruity as it appears. Black intends to fianchetto his queen's bishop early. By playing b5 instead of b6 he prevents white from playing c4 and grabs a little space on the queenside. The trade off is that he allows white to play e3 for free, since he will have to use an extra move to defend this pawn from the threat of Bxb5.

3.Bg5 Ne4
4.Bh4

Bf4 would allow black to continue his development normally, whereas Bh4 pins the e6 pawn inhibiting black from developing his king's bishop and contesting the centre. White may also try 4.Qd3, as black cannot play Nxg5 because of 5.Nxg5 c6 6.Qf5 f6 7.Nxh7 losing a pawn and severely compromising black's kingside. However black does have the far more preferable continuation of 4...d5 5.Qxb5+ c6 6.Qd3 Nxg5 7.Nxg5 e5, gambiting the b pawn for a strong centre. It is unclear if black has compensation for his pawn, but it seems unnecessary for white to invite this position when he can maintain at least the same level of advantage with a move that carries far less risk.

4...Bb7
5.Nbd2 Nxd2
6.Qxd2 Bxf3

I was surprised when he played Bxf3. He creates a weakness in my position by doubling my pawns but also gives me an open e file with his e7 pawn already pinned. Furthermore, his bishop is monsterous, far more valuable than my knight.

7.exf3 a6
8.Bd3 g6

g6 is inaccurate, d5 should be played first. pawn moves are an aid to development, and g6 does not aid his development because he cannot play Bg7 immediately.

9.O-O d5

Were black to play 9...Bg7, the game would continue 10.Rfe1 f6. Black is obliged to open lines against his soon to be castled king. With his queenside already open, black must maintain the integrity of his kingside pawns or he will have nowhere safe for his king.

He cannot capture the hanging d pawn with 10...Bxd4 because of two tactics for white; 11.Be4 with threats of 12.Qxd4 and 12.Bxa8 and also 11.Bxe7+ recapturing the pawn and forcing black to trade his queen for white's rook and bishop, whereupon white still has the move to execute the Be4 tactic. Black cannot save his queen with 11...Qc8 because 12.Bf6+ leads to mate 12...Kf8 13.Qh6+ 1-0

Finally, black cannot escape the tactics on e7 by playing 10...Nc6 because of 11.d5 Ne5 12.f4 Nxd3 13.Rxe7+ Kf8 14.Qxd3. White is up a pawn, he has created new threats which black cannot escape without wrecking his position, and black has no counterplay.

And so, since black is forced to play d5 before he can play Bg7, he should have played it and either Nc6 or Qd6 before g6.

10.Rfe1 Nc6
11.Bf6 Rg8

Preventing black from castling kingside, another idea afforded to white by the inaccuracy of 8...g6.

12.c3

Denying black use of the b4 square and preparing a4.

12...Qd6
13.Bg5 Na5
14.b3

Taking away the c4 square from black's knight, also preparing c4 for white at a convenient juncture. a4 is still an option.

14...e6
15.Bc2

This is possibly inaccurate, in that there may be a more positionally useful move, but it creates a wealth of tactics based around black's undefended knight.

White is threatening 16.c4 followed by 17.Qxa4. White also has 17.cxd5, when black can only recapture with the queen, since his e pawn is pinned. All of black's solutions to the discovered attack on the knight are bad. 16.c4 Nb7 17.cxd5 Qxd5 18.Be4 wins material for white. 16.c4 Nc6 is even worse, 17.cxd5 Qxd5 18.Be4 and though black can still defend his knight with Qd7 in this line, white can attack it on the c file with Rc1 or Qc1. 16.c4 Qa3 simply loses the d pawn to 17.cxd5. It may be that black's best option is to surrender the knight on his own terms with 16.c4 Nxc4 17.bxc4 dxc4 when he recovers two pawns for the piece and at least has a supported passed pawn and play on the queenside.

Further to this, black cannot play b4 because

15...b4

Oh. Hmm. Well, the second tactic arising from Bc2 is theat of Ba4+, since black's king is stalemated because of the g5 bishop.

16.c4 dxc4
17.bxc4

And now 18.Ba4+ c6 (forced since 18...Nc6 19.d5 Rd8 gives white a choice between winning with the simple 20.Qc2, or the more insulting 20.c5 Qxc5 21.Rac1 Rxd5 22.Rxc5 Rxd2 23.Rxc6 Kd7 24.Rc2+) 19.c5 Qc7 20.Qxb4 winning a pawn with a superior position and little danger of black mounting any meaningful counterplay.

17...Bg7

Definitely the best solution to white's tactic. As well as clearing an escape square on f8, black now has a counter to white's tactic; 18.Ba4+ c6 19.c5 simply loses to 19...Qxd4. He also has a clean threat in Nxc4 and may even find a way to play Bxd4.

I lost my way here and played a woefully inaccurate move.

18.Rab1

I should have simply played 18.Ba4+ c6 19. Rac1 and continued building pressure, but i apparently saw ideas for my opponent that don't exist, or at least that I can't see now. I still have an advantage after Rab1, but not as big an advantage as I would have had after Ba4+

18...Bxd4
19.Ba4+

I hate this move. It's the correct move, I just hate it because I didn't play it on move 18 and I've thrown away my advantage because of that.

...Kf8
20.Bh6+ Bg7

This is a tricky position for white. 21.Bxg7+ Rxg7 22.Qxb4 Qxb4 23.Rxb4 c5 leaves me with a very difficult endgame which I will almost certainly lose against a master, whose endgame ability far exceeds my own; any time you play a significantly stronger opponent, your best chance is in the middlegame. If you reach an endgame with play in it, you will be outplayed. 21.Red1 Qxd2 22.Bxd2 c5 is again, extremely tricky, my position is better and I can probably get some tactics together while he's recoordinating his pieces, but I am down a pawn and I don't see a clear way ahead. This leaves one candidate, which analyses marginally less disfavourably, and so.

21.Rxb4 Qxd2
22.Bxd2 Bd4

So many games seem to go this way. One side builds an advantage through strong play and does something silly to squander it, his opponent having equalised takes pity on him and immediately returns his advantage.

23.Rbb1

Almost beautiful enough to shed a tear had not so many been shed after the last time I played that rook to b1. The knight is doomed. 23...Nxc4 24.Rb4 Nxd2 25.Rxd4 Nxf3 26.gxf3 and white should win. The best line for black is undoubtedly 24...Bxf2+ 25.Kxf2 Nxd2 26.Rd4 Nxf3 27.Kxf3, winning an extra pawn and leaving RRB+3 vs RR+6. In both these lines, the extra bishop is worth more than the pawns, white's rooks are significantly better than black's rooks, and black having two isolated pawns simply gives white soft targets. Both endgames will be nothing more than an exercise in not soiling yourself.

23...Nxc4
24.Rb4 Nb6

Nb6 is a move that deserves a gentlemanly nod. Black realises that, while his material disadvantage is far greater in this line than the lines I gave after Rbb1, he would simply be dead lost in those lines, whereas with 24...Nb6 he keeps enough life in the position that I may offer a sneaky tactic.

25.Rxd4 c5
26.Bh6+ Ke7
27.Rde4

The rook has to move from d4 and e4 is undoubtedly the best square, so I played Bh6+ first to force his king to the e file, where I could set up a tactic with Bb3, threatening Bxe6 fxe6 Rxe6+ forking his king on e7 and his knight on b6. This tactic is not going to get me anywhere because he has an obvious counter, but it is the most useful thing I can do with the move he is forcing me to play after 25...c5, which is Rde4.

27...Rgc8

Is the obvious counter to my threat.

28.Bg5+ Kf8

Putting my bishop on a slightly more useful square, although this is utterly superfluous but it at least gives him the chance to make a mistake like Kd6 29.Rd1+ Kc7 when his king is getting in the way of his rooks and may become subject to a pin or skewer tactic.

29.Bc2 c4
30.Rc1 Nd5
31.Ba4

I think I wasted a move here, I should have simply played 29.Rc1 followed by 30.Bd1, since that's where the bishop is going if he returns his knight to b6 on this move.

31...c3
32.Bb3 Rc5

And finally we have the opportunity to get rid of this obnoxious c pawn.

33.Bxd5 Rxd5

If 33...exd5 34.Be7+ Kg8 35.Bxc5 dxe4 36.fxe4

34.Bh6+ Ke8
35.Rc4 Rad8
36.g3 Ra5

Black may try 36...Rd1+ but this still resolves favourably. 37.Kg2 Rxd1 38.Bxd1 Rd3 and white can wrap it up with a continuation like 39.Be3 Ke7 40.Rd4 Rxd4 41.Bxd4 c2 42.Bb2 and white's king gets to the pawn before black's can 42...Kd6 43.Kf1 Kd5 44.Ke2 Kc4 45.Kd2 1-0.

37.a4 Rd3
38.Kg2 Kd7
39.Bg7

White could simply trade c3 for a4, but Bg7 snaffles an extra pawn.

39...e5
40.R1xc3 Rxc3
41.Rxc3 Rxa4
42.Bxe5 Ra2
43.Rc1

The simplest road to victory, threat of Ra1 forcing black to trade rooks or surrender the a pawn. Black has no way to prevent this that isn't worse than allowing it to happen; 43...Rd2 44.Ra1 and black cannot use the d4 square to defend the pawn, 43...Re2 44.f4 and black must either surrender the a pawn or his f pawn with 44...f6 45.Bxf6 Re6

44...a5
44.Ra1 Rxa1
45.Bxa1 Ke6

Victory is assured. White will simply keep his bishop on the a1 diagonal and play Bxa1 when the pawn promotes. Resolving the kingside pawns into a page one of any endgame book win is trivial.

46.f4 Kd5
47.Kf3 f5
48.Ke3 Kc4
49.f3

Note that black's king cannot use any of the squares d4, e4, e5 or f6 regardless of where white's king is. Were the men on the a file absent from the position, white would have to read page 2 of his endgame manual to understand why this is a trivial win.

49...a4
50.g4 a3
51.gxf5 gxf5
52.Kd2 h5
53.h4

White demonstrates he knows what is required to close this game with 52.Kd2 and 53.h4, and so black resigns.

The game would have continued 53...a2 54.Kc2 Kd5 55.Kd3 Kc5 56.Kc3 Kd5 57.Kb4 Kc6 58.Kc4 Kd6 59.Kd4 Ke6 60.Kc5 Ke7 61.Kd5 Kf7 62.Ke5 Kg6 63.Ke6 Kh7 64.Kxf5 Kg8 65.Kg6 Kf8 66.f5 Kg8 67.f6 Kf8 68.f7 Ke7 69.Kg7 with 70.f8=Q the last word.

Kc
Old Apr 11, 2010, 12:42am   #35
Kanalratte
abc

Kanalratte has a reputation beyond reputeKanalratte has a reputation beyond reputeKanalratte has a reputation beyond reputeKanalratte has a reputation beyond reputeKanalratte has a reputation beyond reputeKanalratte has a reputation beyond reputeKanalratte has a reputation beyond reputeKanalratte has a reputation beyond reputeKanalratte has a reputation beyond reputeKanalratte has a reputation beyond reputeKanalratte has a reputation beyond repute

Im in, I play chess at the german fritzserver. If u like to play some fungames with me drop me a pm here. My real Elo is round about 2100 and I like to play 3+0.

Best game I ever played was a win ag GM Vaganian 10 years ago in a simul, need to brag because Im drunk

Lets play
Kanalratte est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2010, 1:01am   #36
Kanalratte
abc

Kanalratte has a reputation beyond reputeKanalratte has a reputation beyond reputeKanalratte has a reputation beyond reputeKanalratte has a reputation beyond reputeKanalratte has a reputation beyond reputeKanalratte has a reputation beyond reputeKanalratte has a reputation beyond reputeKanalratte has a reputation beyond reputeKanalratte has a reputation beyond reputeKanalratte has a reputation beyond reputeKanalratte has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
heh thanks for that analysis .
9.de was very bad yeah

After Rc1 it might be a nice option not to change on c3, instead take the pawn on d5 with the Q / bishop is bint / in my dumb opinion there is no need to give uo the bishoppair, also white might get some trouble with his K-flank and Black has a pretty easy developnment. i like black more ( if I didnt miss something tactical which wd be typical for me )
Old Apr 11, 2010, 1:01am   #37
killcrazy
Apex Predator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanalratte View Post
Im in, I play chess at the german fritzserver. If u like to play some fungames with me drop me a pm here. My real Elo is round about 2100 and I like to play 3+0.

Best game I ever played was a win ag GM Vaganian 10 years ago in a simul, need to brag because Im drunk

Lets play
my best win is in this thread

is that german elo or fide elo? my live rating is garbage now because i only play 7 or 8 games a year, getting up at 9am for tournaments interferes with poker.

want to play a couple of correspondence games in the forum?

Kc
Old Apr 11, 2010, 1:08am   #38
Kanalratte
abc

Quote:
Originally Posted by killcrazy View Post
my best win is in this thread

is that german elo or fide elo? my live rating is garbage now because i only play 7 or 8 games a year, getting up at 9am for tournaments interferes with poker.

want to play a couple of correspondence games in the forum?

Kc
Thats Fide, I have a half Elo and it should be OK ( not a booooomswitchtourney
) German Elo is round about 1900 I think.

Im also as lazy as u in games, no more than 10 games a year.....WAIT...14 games this season, new record

Yeah lets play, but we need some rules.

Thats what I think:

no comp-assistance ( I want to think for myself and it is just4fun eh? )
one game with black and white to each other, 3 days / move
the loser has to use a donkeyavatar for one year

What do u think???

Sry 4 my rusty english
Old Apr 11, 2010, 1:11am   #39
killcrazy
Apex Predator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanalratte View Post
After Rc1 it might be a nice option not to change on c3, instead take the pawn on d5 with the Q / bishop is bint / in my dumb opinion there is no need to give uo the bishoppair, also white might get some trouble with his K-flank and Black has a pretty easy developnment. i like black more ( if I didnt miss something tactical which wd be typical for me )
after 11...Qxd5 white liquidates with 12.Qxb4 Nxb4 13.Nxd5 Nxd5. I think white is a little better. Black's only advantage is the queenside pawn majority, white can get rid of that with 14.e4 Nf6 15.Rxc7. white can build against f7 and force black to defend, cycle his pieces, shake something loose. game is definitely more comfortable for white, but it's pretty close to even.

Kc
Old Apr 11, 2010, 1:15am   #40
Kanalratte
abc

Thats what I mean with my tactical skills, after Rc7: black is toasted imo, 1P down for nothing,eh