THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old May 19, 2011, 7:47pm   #1
SwoopAE
CAPITAO

SwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!
Default $320 8game MTT LHE hand

Everyone at the table is competent or a reg

PokerStars Game #62308782835: Tournament #2011050292, $300+$20 USD 8-Game (Hold'em Limit) - Level XXVI (800/1600) - 2011/05/20 5:41:30 AEST [2011/05/19 15:41:30 ET]
Table '2011050292 34' 6-max Seat #4 is the button
Seat 1: ROUNDERCY (58388 in chips)
Seat 2: Nakkehai (6860 in chips)
Seat 3: goni-lavuhu (23617 in chips)
Seat 4: Talerric (14580 in chips)
Seat 5: seeyaflush (31104 in chips)
Seat 6: flugster (25352 in chips)
seeyaflush: posts small blind 400
flugster: posts big blind 800
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Talerric [Qs Qh]
ROUNDERCY: raises 800 to 1600
Nakkehai: raises 800 to 2400
goni-lavuhu: raises 800 to 3200
Betting is capped
Talerric has timed out
Talerric: folds
Talerric is sitting out
Talerric has returned
seeyaflush: folds
flugster: folds
ROUNDERCY: calls 1600
Nakkehai: calls 800
*** FLOP *** [6s 4d 7d]
ROUNDERCY: checks
Nakkehai: bets 800
goni-lavuhu: raises 800 to 1600
Nakkehai: raises 800 to 2400
goni-lavuhu: calls 800
ROUNDERCY: calls 800
*** TURN *** [6s 4d 7d] [3c]
ROUNDERCY: checks
Nakkehai: bets 1260 and is all-in
goni-lavuhu: raises 340 to 1600
*** RIVER *** [6s 4d 7d 3c] [9s]
ROUNDERCY: bets 1600
goni-lavuhu: calls 1600
*** SHOW DOWN ***

I timed out tanking pre - do I just call and checkcall it down on any 5 undercard non Q board or wtf is the plan here

15% of the field left, 10% of the field paid roughly if that matters

SwoopAE est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old May 19, 2011, 9:14pm   #2
killcrazy
Apex Predator

killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwoopAE View Post
Everyone at the table is competent or a reg
nope. 4bettor is a losing PLO player, stuck pretty bad in ring games and an overall loser in tournaments.

Quote:
15% of the field left, 10% of the field paid roughly if that matters
how is your stack? you look short but others might be shorter.

messy spot. for you, i think i would sanction a fold. it's going to cost you on average about 9000 chips to get to the showdown, this is probably your worst game in the rotation, etc.

a standard utg raising range in LHE is somewhere around 16-20% (yes really) threebetting range is about 10% (its pretty much standard to 3bet any pair now if nobody has called the raise before it gets to you unless you're closing the action) and fourbetting range anywhere from about 2.5% to 6% to 10% in the case of fruitbats. i'd assume these numbers are going to tighten a fair amoung in a tournament obviously.

4bettor's range may well be in fruitbat territory, and i suspect that utg+1 has picked his hand and is stacking off. so, all told, i'd estimate you have around 33% equity as it stands, and one of these guys has aces or kings about, bleh, 40-45% of the time?

the problem isn't going to be A or K flops, it's going to be those semiwet flops that are connecting with the oh just fuck off part of utg and +1's ranges. you can hurt yourself pretty badly there, getting caught in the crossfire even if you aren't raising, so you call and see aces or fold and they turn over a busted draw and JJ and you end up stabbing yourself in the eye with a fork. also bear in mind that pretty much all pairs are in utg and +1's range (and possibly in 4bettor's too), so three apparently brickish cards have made someone a set like ~10% of the time and again, crossfire between overpair and set, or draw and set, or AK getting excited, cunt cunt cunt.

long and short is, you are putting in a lot of money to play a small edge in a minefield. i'd expect a lhe player to take it on, because he has a better feel for when to gtfo, but you're better off waiting for a cleaner spot or O/8.

(some of my estimates might prove to be off if someone actually runs the numbers, i can't be arsed waiting for pokerstove to churn out exact numbers for ranges that have high uncertainties and then trying to unify them into one value

Kc
Old May 20, 2011, 5:36pm   #3
Boomer2k6
TWLLM'ing My Showdowns

Boomer2k6 has a spectacular aura aboutBoomer2k6 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Boomer2k6 Send a message via MSN to Boomer2k6 Send a message via Skype™ to Boomer2k6

Rough Spot.

Due to the HJ being short that makes it a little less clear cut as he could just have found a half decent hand and gone "OK, time to try while I've still got chips".

If this were 3 full stacks I think you've got a fold on your hands, and tbh it's still very close. Even vs pretty loose ranges. In a cash game I'd take it on as Kc said, in a tourney I dunno, unless there were nutball tendencies I might just let go here.

Limit Holdem: Because All 4 Streets Matter!!

You've Nowhere to Hide
Nowhere to Run
You're Rage, It'll
BURN Like the Heart of the Sun!!
With Infinite Glee
It's Going to be Me
That Minbets The World!!!

Boomer2k6 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2011, 11:18pm   #4
SwoopAE
CAPITAO

SwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

My friend Rob who plays high stakes LHE told me it's an either way spot and probably marginal fold

I have no idea what I was going to decide if I didnt time out

Also @Kc the reads were based on my view of the player at the time rather than his OPR/scope etc

Average stack was something like 24k from memory im not sure exactly so I was below average without being super short.

SwoopAE est déconnecté   Reply With Quote