THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Apr 21, 2010, 7:37pm   #1
Boomer2k6
TWLLM'ing My Showdowns

Boomer2k6 has a spectacular aura aboutBoomer2k6 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Boomer2k6 Send a message via MSN to Boomer2k6 Send a message via Skype™ to Boomer2k6
Default 3/6 - 88 - Interesting hand from a Friend

Friend is in SB with

Button Open Limps, Hero Raises, BB Calls, Limper Calls

BB is an aggressive 35/27 who sometimes goes OTT, Button is a fish (obv)

Flop:

Hero Bets, BB Raises, Button Folds, Hero 3-bets, BB Calls

Action Point: Anyone call and raise blank (i.e. non-5 or 6) turn or are we at too big of a risk of getting free carded?

Turn:

Hero Bets, BB Calls

River:

Hero Bets, BB Raises, Hero WTF??

Action Point 2: I think the VB is a good one but the raise is confusing. I mean he's repping Q7, or a slowplayed straight/set.

From an aggro player here is he bluffing with a miss/turning a hand like 66 etc into a bluff enough for us to pay off.

I used the synonym "LAGS get paid" for this hand but wondering if it's right. I mean the pot's big, we've got a known aggro opponent and a river raise which doesn't make a huge amount of sense except for a couple of combos.

So anyway, thoughts and opinions?

Limit Holdem: Because All 4 Streets Matter!!

You've Nowhere to Hide
Nowhere to Run
You're Rage, It'll
BURN Like the Heart of the Sun!!
With Infinite Glee
It's Going to be Me
That Minbets The World!!!

Boomer2k6 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Apr 21, 2010, 7:57pm   #2
killcrazy
Apex Predator

killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

flop i'm usually 3betting, the guy has paired one of the flop cards or is getting cheeky with overs. he never has an overpair, probably doesn't have a set since i assume this guy reraises any pair preflop. he might have a straight but it makes up so little of his range. i'd rather build the pot than call and check the turn, too much can go wrong.

river i do checkcall some of the time, to encourage a bluff from a weak hand, but i doubt this opponent is going to give us better value that line than he would if i just bet into him.

when you get raised, you're obviously beat a lot, he's spiked one of the overs. whether you can call depends on opponent's tendancies, his range is basically hands that beat us and sudden head trauma.

there is a significant amount of head trauma in this game, of course.

Kc
Old Apr 21, 2010, 8:23pm   #3
Boomer2k6
TWLLM'ing My Showdowns

Boomer2k6 has a spectacular aura aboutBoomer2k6 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Boomer2k6 Send a message via MSN to Boomer2k6 Send a message via Skype™ to Boomer2k6

That's definitely true

One other thing I might consider although not sure if this is relevant is that we're OOP on a LAG which is a bad situation to start off with but the last thing I want a LAG to know is that I'll fold pairs and given our line that's pretty much the only thing we can be folding unless we've gone batshit insane with something like JTs.

Given that this may not actually be a bad place to turn something like A4 into a bluff given the size of the pot etc I don't mind paying off here.

How relevant that is I dunno but if he's a Good LAG I'm sure he's paying attention to meta, if he's not and just spewing occasionally it may not be all that relevant.

Limit Holdem: Because All 4 Streets Matter!!

You've Nowhere to Hide
Nowhere to Run
You're Rage, It'll
BURN Like the Heart of the Sun!!
With Infinite Glee
It's Going to be Me
That Minbets The World!!!

Boomer2k6 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2010, 12:21am   #4
killcrazy
Apex Predator

killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

if he's a tricky lag, you need a very good reason to not change tables tbh. there is so much choice at 3/6 that there's no reason to put up with a player like that on your left.

Kc