THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Apr 24, 2010, 2:15pm   #1
nesparky61
Fish

nesparky61 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default flush rules

i may be in the wrong area of the site to ask this but here goes. while playing in a tourney the other night, the flop, turn, and river made an ace high flush. 2 players had flush cards in their hands. they ruled that both players had ace high flushes and split the pot. i injected that the player holding the next highest flush card should win the hand, but they split anyway on judges ruling. twice today, while playing online i saw flushes on the board and next highest flush card won the pot.anybody know where i can go to get the official rule stating next highest flush card wins??
nesparky61 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Apr 24, 2010, 2:24pm   #2
Boomer2k6
TWLLM'ing My Showdowns

Boomer2k6 has a spectacular aura aboutBoomer2k6 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Boomer2k6 Send a message via MSN to Boomer2k6 Send a message via Skype™ to Boomer2k6

The best possible 5 card flush wins (i.e. the one with the highest set of 5 of the suit).

So if the board is AJ986 all hearts and one guy has the Th and the other has the 7h

The guy with the Th has

AJT98

The guy with the 7h has

AJ987

So the guy with the Th wins

Caveat:

If one of the had 2h5h and the other had 3h4h then the pot is split as they both have

AJ986

Limit Holdem: Because All 4 Streets Matter!!

You've Nowhere to Hide
Nowhere to Run
You're Rage, It'll
BURN Like the Heart of the Sun!!
With Infinite Glee
It's Going to be Me
That Minbets The World!!!

Boomer2k6 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2010, 2:31pm   #3
Axis of Evil
fantasy champ

Axis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond repute

I was about to post "who needs the rules when everyone knows poker is about the best five card hand?"

Why do people who have no business hosting poker tournaments host poker tournaments? This example is almost as bad as they time a player declared "all-in" with his 400 chips and I called and lost, but the so-called tournament director said I owed the player all 8000 of my chips because since I called an "all-in" that I was all-in too.
Axis of Evil est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2010, 3:07pm   #4
nesparky61
Fish

nesparky61 is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah i hear ya. same group told me i couldnt raise 600 when the big blind was 200.
nesparky61 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2010, 3:25pm   #5
Axis of Evil
fantasy champ

Axis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond repute

Given the circumstances, this might be true. Not if you are first to act in NL, however. I suggest you find a better game, or at least tell me where this one is. ;)
Old Apr 24, 2010, 5:36pm   #6
cocacoors
Doyle Look-alike

cocacoors is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axis of Evil View Post
I was about to post "who needs the rules when everyone knows poker is about the best five card hand?"

Why do people who have no business hosting poker tournaments host poker tournaments? This example is almost as bad as they time a player declared "all-in" with his 400 chips and I called and lost, but the so-called tournament director said I owed the player all 8000 of my chips because since I called an "all-in" that I was all-in too.
Lol, I can about imagine the look on your face, it's like if someone came up and hit you in the face and ran off... The WTF just happened face.
Old Apr 24, 2010, 7:07pm   #7
Axis of Evil
fantasy champ

It was a bizarre moment, but the director was dead serious. He was demanding I give 8000 to cover a 400 bet. I asked him what if he just said 400 instead of all-in, at which point he told me then I would only need to pay 400. As I was explaining what it meant to "cover a bet" the issue was diffused by someone I had never met who was sitting at another table. He stood up, pointed at the tourney director and said "You, shut the fuck up and go sit down before I end you, and let players who know what the fuck they are doing play the game." The director threatened to call the police when the guy said "I am the police."