THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Apr 28, 2010, 6:04pm   #1
qwe
Fish

qwe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Two scenarios? Rules?

Hello pokertips-board,

I'm absolutely new to the game and have some questions concerning the rules.

There are two scenarios which are not clear to me.

First one.

I am the dealer, the flop has been dealed, the small blind begins with his bet. everybody calls, I raise, now everybody calls again, when everybody called, may I raise again before the turn is dealed?

Second one.

I am the dealer, the flop has been dealed, the small blind begins with his bet. everybody calls, I raise, now everybody calls again, may one of the other players raise?

I hope what I've written is understandable, I'm no native speaker......

Thank you in advance

Q
qwe est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Apr 28, 2010, 6:29pm   #2
the_fox31
Resident Fox

the_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud of

1. No.
2. No.
Old Apr 28, 2010, 6:38pm   #3
Ozone
The One Who Knocks

Ozone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Ozone

Actually the answer to #2 might be yes. It's hard to tell based on how you worded it, though.

If the small blind bets, Joe calls, you raise, the small blind calls that raise, Joe is allowed to re-raise. However, if Joe just calls, the action on that betting round is over.

Welcome to PokerTips.

"How do I become more pro? I gotta learn math?" - fuedallord
Ozone est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2010, 6:39pm   #4
expopcorn
Professional

expopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_fox31 View Post
1. No.
2. No.
I think
1:no the action is closed to you as no-one has raised your bet.
2: yes the player looking to raise had his original call raised by you as so he can re-raise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killcrazy View Post
it's rather ironic that scenes like this are best accompanied by the eating of popcorn.
expopcorn est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2010, 6:43pm   #5
qwe
Fish

That were fast and simple answers.

Thank you for that and the welcome.

So you only may raise when it is your first turn to bet after the flop has been dealed (or when you checked after the flop has been dealed). And the exception is the re-raise.

As scenario.

I'm the dealer, the flop is dealed, the small blind bets, everyone calls, I raise, now everybody can call or raise my raise.
If everybody calls, my action in this round would be closed, but if someone raises my raise, I could call or raise his raise again.

Last edited by qwe; Apr 28, 2010 at 6:59pm.
Old Apr 28, 2010, 7:09pm   #6
the_fox31
Resident Fox

the_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud of

2. If someone raises, and everyone calls his raise, he does not get another opportunity to raise on that street. If everybody has called, then there isn't anyone left to raise, right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwe View Post
That were fast and simple answers.

Thank you for that and the welcome.

So you only may raise when it is your first turn to bet after the flop has been dealed (or when you checked after the flop has been dealed). And the exception is the re-raise.
Well, no. You can raise anytime you have to make a decision. If you've called every bet/ raise that's been made, then you won't have a turn until the next card comes and a new round of action happens.

Quote:
As scenario.

I'm the dealer, the flop is dealed, the small blind bets, everyone calls, I raise, now everybody can call or raise my raise.
yes
Quote:
If everybody calls, my action in this round would be closed, but if someone raises my raise, I could call or raise his raise again.
Yes
Old Apr 28, 2010, 7:29pm   #7
staphros
Wolf Game LVP

staphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwe View Post

You got it.
staphros est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2010, 7:34pm   #8
qwe
Fish

Thank you for your help.