THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum

Go Back   PokerTips.org Forums > General Discussion > PokerTips Lounge

Old Aug 15, 2011, 10:21pm   #501
SwoopAE
CAPITAO

SwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

I don't think she wins SC. I don't think she wins IA either, but she does over 10% of the time, simply because if Rick Perry doesnt catch fire, she wins the state by default (then it all falls apart for her, but whatever)

And yes, I think the Iowa GOP is crazy enough for her to win IA over 10% of the time. Just to be clear its my 10 to win 100, or my 100 to win 1k etc. You in? How about 20 vs 200?

SwoopAE est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Aug 15, 2011, 11:38pm   #502
123money321
Doyle Look-alike

123money321 will become famous soon enough123money321 will become famous soon enough
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwoopAE View Post
I don't think she wins SC. I don't think she wins IA either, but she does over 10% of the time, simply because if Rick Perry doesnt catch fire, she wins the state by default (then it all falls apart for her, but whatever)

And yes, I think the Iowa GOP is crazy enough for her to win IA over 10% of the time. Just to be clear its my 10 to win 100, or my 100 to win 1k etc. You in? How about 20 vs 200?

My statement didn't really make sense there so let me clarify.

I meant to say your dreaming if you think I'm giving you 9-1 on her to win Iowa haha. I'm not interested in doing that. I said I'd take 4-1 on her to win Iowa because she has a decent shot at winning it.

Last edited by 123money321; Aug 15, 2011 at 11:45pm.
123money321 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2011, 12:00am   #503
123money321
Doyle Look-alike

123money321 will become famous soon enough123money321 will become famous soon enough
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

I think a more fair bet would be like Bachmann vs Perry in Iowa or S.C

Or Bachmann vs Perry vs Other or something like that. Make some offers if you'd like.

Or maybe Romney vs Other in new hampshire. Something to that extent. Simply because I'd rather be making bets as close to 50-50 as possible.
Old Aug 16, 2011, 7:32am   #504
SwoopAE
CAPITAO

SwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

I'll take Romney vs Field in NH

Not interested in Bachmann vs Perry in IA thats basically a last longer bet between the equal frontrunner and number 3 candidate

And I only said that because you listed a bunch of candidates for IA that didnt include Bachmann and said 'Other' would be 10% lol

And yes, i've made bets with better equity here at Ptips and got takers (cough, Ozone and Twogun offering me 5-1 on a bet I had over 50% equity in, lol)

Old Aug 16, 2011, 10:51am   #505
glockers
Professional

glockers is a splendid one to beholdglockers is a splendid one to beholdglockers is a splendid one to beholdglockers is a splendid one to beholdglockers is a splendid one to beholdglockers is a splendid one to beholdglockers is a splendid one to beholdglockers is a splendid one to behold

Someone post the dates of each state's nomination day. I know iowa and NH are first, but a run down would be good for betting purposes.
glockers est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2011, 3:01pm   #506
SwoopAE
CAPITAO

Basically the three big ones after that are SC, FL and I think NV from memory

Old Aug 16, 2011, 4:15pm   #507
123money321
Doyle Look-alike

Quote:
Originally Posted by glockers View Post
Someone post the dates of each state's nomination day. I know iowa and NH are first, but a run down would be good for betting purposes.
I don't think anyone has decided on dates yet. Its supposed to be Iowa in like January. Then it goes NV, SC, NH after that (no idea what the order is). And I also believe Florida is pretty early in their as well.

Last edited by 123money321; Aug 16, 2011 at 4:22pm.
Old Aug 16, 2011, 6:25pm   #508
TwoGun
Administrator

TwoGun has disabled reputation

At this point, if it's really Romney-Perry, then the GOP has two candidates with very different national appeals. Perry is a dog to beat Obama imo, whereas Romney is a favorite (assuming economy doesn't rebound...seems risk is things get worse than better at this point). People will be quick to latch on to someone new, but Perry is going to be viewed as just Bush III.

I think most in the GOP know this, which makes me think Romney will prevail. But I don't ever underestimate the dumb side of the GOP anymore.

Hunstman probably the best candidate for the GOP, but his chances of winning the nomination don't look great.
TwoGun est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2011, 7:20pm   #509
123money321
Doyle Look-alike

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoGun View Post
At this point, if it's really Romney-Perry, then the GOP has two candidates with very different national appeals. Perry is a dog to beat Obama imo, whereas Romney is a favorite (assuming economy doesn't rebound...seems risk is things get worse than better at this point). People will be quick to latch on to someone new, but Perry is going to be viewed as just Bush III.

I think most in the GOP know this, which makes me think Romney will prevail. But I don't ever underestimate the dumb side of the GOP anymore.

Hunstman probably the best candidate for the GOP, but his chances of winning the nomination don't look great.

Yea Huntsman probably has the best shot of beating Obama but he needs something big soon. Id like to make some early state bets if anyone is interested.

Wouldn't mind making a NH bet. Also willing to put more money on Perry as republican nominee

Last edited by 123money321; Aug 16, 2011 at 7:38pm.
Old Aug 17, 2011, 5:32am   #510
SwoopAE
CAPITAO

Romney is about 40% to beat Obama i'd say. Perry is maybe 25% or slightly worse. All of the other non-Huntsman candidates are drawing dead, and he's drawing dead in the primary.

Overall, Obama's probably just under 70% to get reelected at the moment. Obama is in bad shape, but every opposing candidate who is viable has major flaws atm (Perry is extreme bush, Bachmann is crazy, Romney has no core principles)

Last edited by SwoopAE; Aug 17, 2011 at 5:37am.