THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Jun 26, 2010, 1:57am   #11
killcrazy
Apex Predator

killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by podbelski View Post
Hi I'm new here, liked the Pokertips Glossary and noticed good posts from several forum members, so decided to join.

For OP, I'd advice to pick up slightly better hands for light preflop 3betting. I mean, cause you are not good at bluffing it's better to play hands that have several benefits - can make decent pair, a good draw, or maybe with a blocker like Axs.

That 23s has not too much of a potential, so I'd better folded it pre. If I decide to 3bet I simply hope he folds right away, and if he calls I hope for a miracle. Once he leads the flop I'm sure you are beat almost always and he won't easily fold, and even if he bluffs you are not too far ahead, so no point in messing around, fold to his donkbet.
your second post will be better.

Kc

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Jun 26, 2010, 9:30am   #12
podbelski
Doyle Look-alike

podbelski is just really nicepodbelski is just really nicepodbelski is just really nicepodbelski is just really nicepodbelski is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by killcrazy View Post

Kc
LOL how do you know?

And what's so wrong with the first post?
podbelski est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2010, 10:17am   #13
the_fox31
Resident Fox

the_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud of

Quote:

Kc
Your second prediction will be better.
Old Jun 26, 2010, 11:43am   #14
podbelski
Doyle Look-alike

podbelski is just really nicepodbelski is just really nicepodbelski is just really nicepodbelski is just really nicepodbelski is just really nice

Wow another response another joke, seems like a really cool forum!
Old Jun 26, 2010, 4:44pm   #15
killcrazy
Apex Predator

killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
LOL how do you know?
omniscience

Quote:
And what's so wrong with the first post?
it's not wrong so much as clumsy. you hear the song but not the music.

consider the lily of the allen, she toils not neither does she spin. and yet i say to you, not even solomon in all his glory was so open in his predilection for anal sex.

wherefore if god so clothe the grass of the field, her tit would still fall out whenever there was a convenient photographer and she had a record to promote.

Kc
Old Jun 26, 2010, 6:39pm   #16
kmay06
Professional

kmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant future

Quote:
omniscience

it's not wrong so much as clumsy. you hear the song but not the music.

consider the lily of the allen, she toils not neither does she spin. and yet i say to you, not even solomon in all his glory was so open in his predilection for anal sex.

wherefore if god so clothe the grass of the field, her tit would still fall out whenever there was a convenient photographer and she had a record to promote.

Kc
Good old song of solomon.
Old Jun 26, 2010, 6:56pm   #17
killcrazy
Apex Predator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmay06 View Post
Good old song of solomon.
sermon on the mount. matthew 6:28-29.

Kc
Old Jul 03, 2010, 12:22pm   #18
Snaggle
Professional

Snaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to behold
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kc
bluffing effectively is all about timing, recognising when your opponent likely doesn't have a hand strong enough to call.
Absolutely correct!

Quote:
i would advise against trying to bluff at all at the stakes you're playing. you'll be a winner playing tight solid poker and bluffs are less effective against bad players who will be inclined to look you up weak or call to "keep you honest".
Bluffing is profitable at all levels; but is most profitable for someone with a tight nitty image, value betting is most profitable for those with a loose aggressive image. One has to exploit the fears of ones opponents, which is possible only if you've observed and betting patterns and know what they fear.

Quote:
as i say, effective bluffing is built on strong hand reading, so for the moment, practise your hand reading skills, always try to put your opponent on a hand (or more commonly a range of possible hands) and see how often you're right when it gets turned over.
Hand reading is only half of it, knowing and manipulating ones table image is just as important.

Why do people keep typing "GG" when I go AI in the short stack with 72o?
Snaggle est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2010, 10:49pm   #19
podbelski
Doyle Look-alike

Quote:
it's not wrong so much as clumsy.
well that's alright, I'm not expecting more than that from myself, given for how long I'm playing... also, English is not my native language

and btw I'm playing cash only, so maybe my advice to fold on the flop was incorrect cause the blinds so big and OP is already invested a huge chunk of the stack... bad situation anyways, fold pre :-)

and, Kc, you still haven't said what you see the best postflop line is...

Last edited by podbelski; Jul 22, 2010 at 11:43pm.
Old Jul 23, 2010, 1:14pm   #20
killcrazy
Apex Predator

Quote:
and, Kc, you still haven't said what you see the best postflop line is...
yeah. you're not going to hear me give advice on what to do once you've got in to the lion enclosure with hunks of gazelle meat strapped all over your body either.

Kc