THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum

Go Back   PokerTips.org Forums > General Discussion > The Rail

Old Dec 21, 2013, 2:57pm   #221
killcrazy
Apex Predator

killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by balthazarr View Post
Coincidentally, the guy that just has claimed to know more about movies than music has never seen The Godfather.
well that's your evening taken care of.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by killcrazy View Post
would it be terribly gauche of me to mention that those lyrics were written by robbie robertson?
Oh I obviously knew that. *looks sheepishly to the side*
covers seem to have been much more prevalent back in the 50s and 60s...covers you would want to listen to at least.

Quote:
Quote:
which was when? i left school in 97. the year that gave us mmmbop and tubthumping...and barbie girl...why couldn't i have been born in 1953.
2003. Back when Limp Bizkit and Linkin Park were a thing. If I had to choose, I'd rather listen to mmmbop.
i used to start arguments by claiming that linkin park were good. which isn't too far from the truth; they're listenable, but people are traditionally bad at separating the subjective and objective, and everyone thinks they're an expert in music because they have an ipod.

Quote:
They still do it here. I was at the mall today and during shopping I tried to focus on the music. They were playing Sophie Ellis-Bextor's "Murder on the Dancefloor" which was repeatedly interrupted by advertisements.

"It's murder on the dancefloor.." "...CARROTS ARE 20% OFF!..." "but you better not kill the groove..." damn my favourite ham is out of stock "...gonna burn this goddamn house right now..."
that seems an unusual choice for supermarket music.

i confused a shelf stacker at the supermarket once by asking him how i was supposed to know which was the best bread...i think on the whole i enjoy supermarkets, they're an outlet for my eccentricity.

Quote:
Quote:
i had this conversation with someone else last week. their guilty pleasure was miley cyrus. all things considered, i think you got off light.
Until last week or so, I didn't even know that she is a singer. True story.
she's a singer?

Quote:
IMDB says I should avoid that movie. But it has Steve Buscemi in it, so I am mildly intrigued. Maybe I should watch the Godfather first though.
imdb is wrong. it is a wonderful example of cheap 90s semi-comedy.

Quote:
(sighthill) I googled that place and it actually doesn't look very promising. I'll reconsider.
yeah...places you don't go when it's dark.

Quote:
Quote:
is this the same stravinsky who said mussolini was the savior of europe?
You definitely know how to take the wind out of someone's sails.
in fairness, mussolini was the last credible ruler italy's had.

Quote:
Quote:
in any case, defining art is like trying to nail a balloon to an ostrich.
I have thought the exact same thing many times.
i'm pretty sure the answer lies in having longer nails...

Kc

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Dec 21, 2013, 11:32pm   #222
kmay06
Professional

kmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant future

That Joan Baez can't sing and her lyrics are woeful....
Old Dec 22, 2013, 1:52am   #223
balthazarr
zahltinbar

balthazarr has a reputation beyond reputebalthazarr has a reputation beyond reputebalthazarr has a reputation beyond reputebalthazarr has a reputation beyond reputebalthazarr has a reputation beyond reputebalthazarr has a reputation beyond reputebalthazarr has a reputation beyond reputebalthazarr has a reputation beyond reputebalthazarr has a reputation beyond reputebalthazarr has a reputation beyond reputebalthazarr has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
i confused a shelf stacker at the supermarket once by asking him how i was supposed to know which was the best bread...i think on the whole i enjoy supermarkets, they're an outlet for my eccentricity.
I overheard a guy today asking if there is any bread without carbohydrates... First there was salt and gluten, then there was fat, now everyone seems to be scared of carbs? What's next? Clean fucking air?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmay06 View Post
Oh you!

Last edited by balthazarr; Dec 22, 2013 at 11:53am.
balthazarr est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2013, 12:16pm   #224
killcrazy
Apex Predator

killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by balthazarr View Post
I overheard a guy today asking if there is any bread without carbohydrates... First there was salt and gluten, then there was fat, now everyone seems to be scared of carbs? What's next? Clean fucking air?
Sauerstoffallergie.

darryl had some things to say about this kind of food hysteria in the feudallord thread we hijacked. i'd probably just be repeating that.

Quote:
Oh you!
aye. him.

Kc
Old Feb 22, 2014, 7:09pm   #225
Snaggle
Professional

Snaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to behold
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmay06 View Post
Oh You! Kmay she had a rich voice when she was a singing. If she's still alive it's doubtful that any old woman sings well.

Here's a non-woeful song for you.

Why do people keep typing "GG" when I go AI in the short stack with 72o?
Snaggle est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2014, 7:08am   #226
balthazarr
zahltinbar

balthazarr has a reputation beyond reputebalthazarr has a reputation beyond reputebalthazarr has a reputation beyond reputebalthazarr has a reputation beyond reputebalthazarr has a reputation beyond reputebalthazarr has a reputation beyond reputebalthazarr has a reputation beyond reputebalthazarr has a reputation beyond reputebalthazarr has a reputation beyond reputebalthazarr has a reputation beyond reputebalthazarr has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggle View Post
Here's a non-woeful song for you. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJNFF_N5ngs
not the worst thing I've ever heard but very forgettable overall
Old Feb 28, 2014, 4:39pm   #227
killcrazy
Apex Predator

i believe it is time to relive the greatest moment in the history of music.

for the benefit of the americans, in europe we have this thing called the eurovision song contest, in which each nation competes to win the coveted most gay country in europe award, and with it the right to bear the expense of hosting the event next year. here are some classic entries from years past:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUX3_0KM7fc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9y8hqsYXTw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEOgd9kNUeo

this goes on for about two hours...and then, in 2006, finland happened.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAh9NRGNhUU

i love you, finland.

Kc
Old Feb 28, 2014, 9:25pm   #228
darryl
Still can't quit day job.

darryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud of

Oddly enough, I've seen Eurovision I think last year and the year before. I was actually shocked that Jedward never made it big here in the states based on the other stuff that gets played here. There certainly is a lot of nepotism in the voting from what I recall.

-d
darryl est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 01, 2014, 2:47pm   #229
balthazarr
zahltinbar

Quote:
not only is this guy very bad, he is also very stubborn. he accumulated ~1million in debts due to his continuing efforts to make it in showbusiness. and he once slammed his moms car into the front door of a newspaper.

Quote:
the choreography is hilarious

Quote:
I am glad that I made it to the part from 1:53-2:06. I genuinely laughed out loud.
Old Mar 01, 2014, 4:09pm   #230
killcrazy
Apex Predator

our eurovision failures at least have the good graces to disappear into obscurity, although i think the guy from scooch is now presenting one of those call this £3/min phone line and guess a word beginning with B to win a fabulous prize things on late night tv.

we have a bizarre love of things that are naff in britain. i think it grew as a means of coping with losing our empire. going out of our way to be as crap as possible so that we can pretend we meant to be crap rather than just accepting that we're pretty average. combine this with our dislike of everyone else in europe and it's no surprise that ten million brits watch eurovision every year.

EU presidency should really be decided by tv talent contest...who do i write to about this?

Kc