THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old May 23, 2010, 11:37pm   #1
Superpasha69
River Rat

Superpasha69 is on a distinguished road
Default played KK badly

Heya...here is an other scenario where i think i made a bad play...

PokerStars Game #44519258175: Hold'em No Limit ($0.05/$0.10 USD) - 2010/05/23 23:14:47 WET [2010/05/23 18:14:47 ET]
Table 'Siva II' 9-max Seat #4 is the button
Seat 1: popinkidd ($30.19 in chips)
Seat 2: amoraga8 ($10.82 in chips)
Seat 3: Mr. Da-Nos ($24.83 in chips)
Seat 4: its4concho ($27.88 in chips)
Seat 5: stylo31 ($27.11 in chips)
Seat 6: iii|||i||-tt ($26.99 in chips)
Seat 7: YAY 1410 ($12.93 in chips)
Seat 8: Superpasha69 ($21.87 in chips)
Seat 9: Elfriede70 ($24.73 in chips)
stylo31: posts small blind $0.05
iii|||i||-tt: posts big blind $0.10
popinkidd: posts the ante $0.02
amoraga8: posts the ante $0.02
Mr. Da-Nos: posts the ante $0.02
its4concho: posts the ante $0.02
stylo31: posts the ante $0.02
iii|||i||-tt: posts the ante $0.02
YAY 1410: posts the ante $0.02
Superpasha69: posts the ante $0.02
Elfriede70: posts the ante $0.02
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Superpasha69 [Kc Ks]
YAY 1410: calls $0.10
Superpasha69: raises $0.30 to $0.40
Elfriede70: folds
popinkidd: folds
amoraga8: folds
Mr. Da-Nos: folds
its4concho: calls $0.40
stylo31: raises $1.10 to $1.50
iii|||i||-tt: folds
YAY 1410: folds
Superpasha69: calls $1.10
its4concho: calls $1.10
*** FLOP *** [6s 4c Ac]
stylo31: bets $4
Superpasha69: calls $4
its4concho: folds
*** TURN *** [6s 4c Ac] [3d]
stylo31: bets $9.50
Superpasha69: raises $6.85 to $16.35 and is all-in
stylo31: calls $6.85
*** RIVER *** [6s 4c Ac 3d] [Qc]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
stylo31: shows [3c 3s] (three of a kind, Threes)
Superpasha69: shows [Kc Ks] (a pair of Kings)
stylo31 collected $43.38 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $45.58 | Rake $2.20
Board [6s 4c Ac 3d Qc]
Seat 1: popinkidd folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 2: amoraga8 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 3: Mr. Da-Nos folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 4: its4concho (button) folded on the Flop
Seat 5: stylo31 (small blind) showed [3c 3s] and won ($43.3 with three of a kind, Threes
Seat 6: iii|||i||-tt (big blind) folded before Flop
Seat 7: YAY 1410 folded before Flop
Seat 8: Superpasha69 showed [Kc Ks] and lost with a pair of Kings
Seat 9: Elfriede70 folded before Flop (didn't bet)

i didnt reraise preflop as i didnt want to give away that i got a good hand....but i feel i should of reraised on the flop...which would of made him fold his hand...I put him on JJ-QQ so i pushed all in after turn

all the comments will be apriciated. thanks
Superpasha69 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old May 24, 2010, 12:55am   #2
Axis of Evil
fantasy champ

Axis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond repute

I've heard many a good player advocate seldomly, if ever, using the call button in such situations.
Axis of Evil est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2010, 1:00am   #3
Superpasha69
River Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axis of Evil View Post
I've heard many a good player advocate seldomly, if ever, using the call button in such situations.

sorry can u elaborate on that, im not sure i follow what u mean
Old May 24, 2010, 1:48am   #4
Axis of Evil
fantasy champ

Axis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond repute

I normally reraise preflop with KK. By just calling he could have anything from a small pair or A-rag, to AK or a big pair, but without a reraise you cannot narrow it down. Now when the flop shows an ace and he bets you either fold to his ace in the hole or reraise to tell him his holding is no good. If he reraises you then you know you are beat. If he calls then you have a decision to make. However by calling you are allowing him a free card and unfortunately he hit a set. Just calling and hoping for the best has rarely worked for me in such situations. Raising takes down the hand. Once he hits trips he is going nowhere but to showdown. I'd rather take down a small pot by being aggressive than losing half of my stack trying to keep an opponent in the hand when I have no idea what he might have.
Old May 24, 2010, 2:12am   #5
Superpasha69
River Rat

yeah i get what u saying...as soon as i pressed call on the flop i knew i made a bad play...i didnt belive he had an ace as his bet was too big...but on the turn i just did what i knew i should of done on the flop and reraised him, unfortunatly was too late...im still at this stage where im scared of loosing money...so sometimes i dont pay to get information and instead go for the cheaper play and end up screwed like that...hence me posting in beginners section)))
Old May 24, 2010, 3:59am   #6
Axis of Evil
fantasy champ

The question is what really is the cheaper play? Getting reraised and knowing you are beat or calling down and hoping you aren't?

You seem to understand that you will have to disassociate money from chips. You can't play baseball if you are afraid to break your bat.
Old May 24, 2010, 9:03am   #7
DoubleU
Calling station #1

DoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond repute

4bet preflop, as played calling flop isn't horrible since he might just fire once and check it down, although I probably just muck right there because 3-handed the odds of someone having an ace are highish. In any case always folding the turn.

Quote:
When DoubleU says, "wtf, no" you should take heed.
- jimmytrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus View Post
youre thinking ship all the money to big daddy and are now thinking about how to receive that shipment
DoubleU est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2010, 12:37pm   #8
Superpasha69
River Rat

i think he would of checked it down..if he didnt hit his set..i was not really worried about the other guy he just seemed weak so i knew he will fold to $4 bet.

well i suppose ill take it as a $20 lesson haha
Old May 26, 2010, 9:27pm   #9
acehole_76
I found Kc...............

acehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond repute

like everyone said reraise pre ldo get as much in as you can right there

as played i mostly fold this flop and if not will fold to a 2nd barrel on the turn

fucking morons every one of you. there isn't a man in this village that i wouldn't feed into an incinerator for no reason other than to get rid of them.

Kc
acehole_76 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 03, 2010, 12:38pm   #10
pokerseeker
Fish

pokerseeker will become famous soon enough

Don't fold KK's against any preflop allin is my opinion, they are the second best hand you can have in the game, you're chances are too high to just fold them.

QQ is a pain if you know what players you're up against, but don't let it get the best of you since they are the 3rd best hand ingame.

AKs I would shove with if I go less then 20x BB, and play 3xBB normally.

AQ's are worst, still trying to figure out when to play them
pokerseeker est déconnecté   Reply With Quote