THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Oct 26, 2010, 12:44am   #31
staphros
Wolf Game LVP

staphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by killcrazy View Post
when did this happen? is it an english thing? you can buy spirits basically everywhere here; supermarket, grocers, corner shop run by the HELLOMYFRIENDHOWAREYOUTODAY? pakistani guy, barbers, post office, travel agents. even from the police when they stop you to make sure you're driving drunk.

Kc
Doh - think I missed a much needed "if" before Tesco.
staphros est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Oct 26, 2010, 2:01am   #32
Boilermaker
Get off my lawn

Boilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketJokers View Post
Bring liquor on the boat. Prices of drinks are ridiculous and don't buy alcohol from ports, they take your alcohol and store it until your last day on the boat. You are allowed to have 1 bottle in each bag, but you might want to sneak in more (mouthwash is a good place to hide it).
They check fairly carefully for smuggled liquor. The drinks are expensive but as a fractional expense of the total trip I haven't found the bar bill to be something worth worrying about. Maybe I don't drink enough.

Quote:
SUPER IMPORTANT! BRING SEA BANDS!!! i was feeling queezy 4 days in and they saved me from having a puke filled trip.
Never had any issues with this on half a dozen cruises. Just curious if you get motion sickness other places?

Quote:
Cozumel i did the beach party excursion and i loved it, i recommend it.
+1

Quote:
The poker table sucks, but its worth it to kill some time...maybe
Yeah, pretty much.

I'm taking a Norwegian Cruise in a few weeks from NY to Bahamas. All my previous ones have been on Carnival. Norwegian has poker as well but I can't find any information on if it is the same PokerPro tables. Anyone been on one of these?
Boilermaker est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2010, 2:08am   #33
staphros
Wolf Game LVP

staphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilermaker View Post
They check fairly carefully for smuggled liquor. The drinks are expensive but as a fractional expense of the total trip I haven't found the bar bill to be something worth worrying about. Maybe I don't drink enough.
Carnival let you bring a bottle of wine per passenger unless they changed it. YOu can also get a slight discount if you drink the daily specials.

I may actually be going to Cozumal early next year(Never been to Mexico before) - can anyone tell me if a Mayan ruin trip is worth it (I see its a full day excursion but a couple of hours travel time would not be a deal breaker).

I think the ones offered would be too either:
Coba:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coba

or
Tulum:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tulum
Old Oct 26, 2010, 2:18am   #34
Boilermaker
Get off my lawn

Boilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by staphros View Post
Carnival let you bring a bottle of wine per passenger unless they changed it. YOu can also get a slight discount if you drink the daily specials.
That was the case on the cruises I've been on too, but one bottle of wine is negligible.

Quote:
I may actually be going to Cozumal early next year(Never been to Mexico before) - can anyone tell me if a Mayan ruin trip is worth it (I see its a full day excursion but a couple of hours travel time would not be a deal breaker).

I think the ones offered would be too either:
Coba:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coba

or
Tulum:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tulum
We went to ruins in Belize (Altun Ha I think) and it was neat. Definitely worth doing once, but on a second trip I would just snorkel. If you had one port only and had to choose between ruins and a beach/snorkelling excursion I would say snorkel. If you have multiple ports and ruins is just one day then it is worth it.
Old Oct 26, 2010, 2:59am   #35
staphros
Wolf Game LVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilermaker View Post
That was the case on the cruises I've been on too, but one bottle of wine is negligible.

We went to ruins in Belize (Altun Ha I think) and it was neat. Definitely worth doing once, but on a second trip I would just snorkel. If you had one port only and had to choose between ruins and a beach/snorkelling excursion I would say snorkel. If you have multiple ports and ruins is just one day then it is worth it.
It will be multiple ports Key West/Jamaica/Grand Cayman/Cozumul - so i guess its worth it then. Was it a full day trip in Belize?
Old Oct 26, 2010, 3:21am   #36
Boilermaker
Get off my lawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by staphros View Post
Was it a full day trip in Belize?
Almost. The ruins were about 2/3 of the day and then a river boat ride.
Old Oct 26, 2010, 5:04am   #37
PocketJokers
Thread Killer

PocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant future

Quote:
Never had any issues with this on half a dozen cruises. Just curious if you get motion sickness other places?
Not really, we went when there was a "tropical depression" AKA early hurricane and the waves got the best of me at dinner, so i would probably be fine under normal conditions.

checked carnival's rules again. you are allowed to bring on one bottle of alcohol per person. i would bring more if you could.

Belize looks awesome, definitely going in the future.

i was eying up taking the Allure of the Seas out of florida, that boat just looks like a beast.

oh a great source of anything cruise related:

www.cruisecritic.com

Last edited by PocketJokers; Oct 26, 2010 at 5:06am.
PocketJokers est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2010, 5:08am   #38
bluesjack9
Professional

bluesjack9 is a name known to allbluesjack9 is a name known to allbluesjack9 is a name known to allbluesjack9 is a name known to allbluesjack9 is a name known to allbluesjack9 is a name known to all

Thanks for all the info guys...very helpful
bluesjack9 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2010, 3:49pm   #39
bluesjack9
Professional

bluesjack9 is a name known to allbluesjack9 is a name known to allbluesjack9 is a name known to allbluesjack9 is a name known to allbluesjack9 is a name known to allbluesjack9 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozone View Post
Chiming in to say: I'm going on a cruise next week out of Galveston. It makes a couple stops in Mexico. Looking forward to the computerized $1/$2 action.

Go to N.O. a fair amount, blues. Lemme know if you have any questions.
Yeah I'll need a scouting report on the Poker

Also ever been to Emeril's? Does it live up to the hype? I'm a bit of a foodie and don't mind paying for a memorable meal.
Any stand out places for dinner?

thanks
bluesjack9 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2010, 9:49pm   #40
Ozone
The One Who Knocks

Ozone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Ozone

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketJokers View Post
Bring liquor on the boat. Prices of drinks are ridiculous and don't buy alcohol from ports, they take your alcohol and store it until your last day on the boat. You are allowed to have 1 bottle in each bag, but you might want to sneak in more (mouthwash is a good place to hide it).
This mouthwash idea is tremendous! Could save me literally hundreds on this trip. I'm thinking: empty a bottle of Crest blue mouthwash, fill it with vodka, dye the vodka blue. What are the chances of me getting caught if I do this? Consequences?

Re: New Orleans and Emeril's, I ate at his place "Nola" last time I was there, it was very delicious. Try the duck pizza as a shared appetizer.

"How do I become more pro? I gotta learn math?" - fuedallord
Ozone est déconnecté   Reply With Quote