THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Mar 04, 2011, 6:20am   #51
Stalker51
River Rat

Stalker51 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozone View Post
Okay cool. I'm definitely doing it then. Might make my girlfriend sneak a bottle in her bag too. I'll report back after the trip to let y'all know how it went off.

good luck
Stalker51 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Mar 04, 2011, 11:57am   #52
Boilermaker
Get off my lawn

Boilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketJokers View Post
i am going on a Norwegian Cruise on the 20th, any more advice Boiler? what are the poker players like? what are the cheapest drinks, what is fun etc... (i am going on the pearl out of miami)

Blues, what did you do at your ports of call? i'm interested in that types of stuff

Ozone how did your trip out of Galveston go?
NCL sucks for poker. My cruise ran one table of 1/2 but the rake wasn't capped until $25 per pot. It is insanely expensive and while the players are awful you won't overcome the rake long term. They ran 3 $60 rebuy tournies which had awful structure (45/15 including on rebuys and each rebuy is 10 BB with 15 minute levels) but were still probably profitable as people were limp/folding 2 BB stacks etc.

On Carnival, I play poker most nights, but on NCL I only played for 30 minutes or so plus a couple of the tournies. Probably won't cruise them again for this reason alone.

Otherwise they are fine as a cruise line. The french restaurant on ours was notably good. Nothing stands out for drinks.
Boilermaker est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 04, 2011, 2:58pm   #53
bluesjack9
Professional

bluesjack9 is a name known to allbluesjack9 is a name known to allbluesjack9 is a name known to allbluesjack9 is a name known to allbluesjack9 is a name known to allbluesjack9 is a name known to all

PJ, I had come down with a cold before the trip so I stayed on board the ship at Progresso. Wife and in-laws did a Mayan ruin tour and loved it. i really regret not going. I'm a history buff and love that sort of thing but I just wasn't up for it.

In Cozemel we just hit a few shops, got a little sun and hit Carlos and Charlies for lunch and a few drinks.
bluesjack9 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 05, 2011, 12:18pm   #54
PocketJokers
Thread Killer

PocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by staphros View Post
What ports are you going too?
Samana, St Thomas, Tortola, Great Stirrup Cay

Boiler, that sucks i am sad to hear that, i'll probably stay clear of poker then. What do you think of the specialty restaurants... worth it?

Blues, that sucks about progresso, at least your family was smart and did an excursion to make it fun. Cozumel is pretty awesome, i must admit. You said it was your first cruise, would you go again?
PocketJokers est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 05, 2011, 4:47pm   #55
bluesjack9
Professional

bluesjack9 is a name known to allbluesjack9 is a name known to allbluesjack9 is a name known to allbluesjack9 is a name known to allbluesjack9 is a name known to allbluesjack9 is a name known to all

Quote:
You said it was your first cruise, would you go again?
Yeah in a heartbeat. Plenty to do if you want or plenty of places to just relax. The gym was well equipped. Food was plentiful and surprisingly good and, on Carnival at least, the price was right.
Drinks were no more expensive than any club in Boston
Booked early saver and after 4 price reductions paid $80 per person per night, how can you beat that?

have a great trip
bluesjack9 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 05, 2011, 8:10pm   #56
staphros
Wolf Game LVP

staphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant future

Quote:
Samana, St Thomas, Tortola, Great Stirrup Cay

Boiler, that sucks i am sad to hear that, i'll probably stay clear of poker then. What do you think of the specialty restaurants... worth it?

Blues, that sucks about progresso, at least your family was smart and did an excursion to make it fun. Cozumel is pretty awesome, i must admit. You said it was your first cruise, would you go again?
I've only been to St. Thomas in that list.

Its pretty awesome. Spent most of the time Snorkling off St. Johns but got to see a little of St Thomas.

They have a cable car to the top of a hill that gives a view over the bay - its not super expensive and if you have 90 mins to spare its well worth it.
staphros est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 06, 2011, 1:22am   #57
Boilermaker
Get off my lawn

Boilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
What do you think of the specialty restaurants... worth it?
We only tried the french place. It was very good and much better than the maing dining room (which was good but a little worse than our past experiences on Carnival). It was worth it. We were going to try some of the other up charge restaurants but heard from several people on the cruise that they weren't different enough from the food in main dining.

One thing to note is that we always had a ~1 hour wait for the main dining room. This is the down side to "free-style" dining. They give you a pager that works anywhere on the ship, so just go pick it up an hour before you really want to eat and it works out fine.
Boilermaker est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2011, 3:19am   #58
PocketJokers
Thread Killer

PocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilermaker View Post
One thing to note is that we always had a ~1 hour wait for the main dining room. This is the down side to "free-style" dining. They give you a pager that works anywhere on the ship, so just go pick it up an hour before you really want to eat and it works out fine.
Wow, that will certainly save me some initial anger, lol thanks i'll definitely do that.

I am probably going to go to most of those pay restaurants, hey, i am on vacation, why not? The worst that can happen is that it is similar to the free stuff but i eat in a nicer atmosphere and more importantly, somewhere different every night.
Old Apr 16, 2011, 4:43am   #59
PocketJokers
Thread Killer

recently came back from the NCL cruise. You were right about the poker Boiler, what a rip-off.
Old Apr 26, 2011, 2:54am   #60
PocketJokers
Thread Killer

Last edited by PocketJokers; Feb 28, 2012 at 1:17am.