THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Jul 24, 2010, 3:15am   #1
Candog98
River Rat

Candog98 will become famous soon enough
Default Game Changer

What was one of the biggest concepts that you learn't when you started playing poker that made you a winning player v a loosing player?
Candog98 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Jul 24, 2010, 3:35am   #2
Boilermaker
Get off my lawn

Boilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond repute

1. when to hold them
2. when to fold them
3. profit
Boilermaker est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2010, 3:55am   #3
Candog98
River Rat

Candog98 will become famous soon enough

Yes and before anyone else says

Know when to walk away, know when to run.

Probably should have posted this in the beginners corner.
Candog98 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2010, 1:49pm   #4
killcrazy
Apex Predator

killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candog98 View Post
What was one of the biggest concepts that you learn't when you started playing poker that made you a winning player v a loosing player?
riffling chips, no question. i became an elite player when i mastered that taking the middle chip out of a stack of three, twirling it round and slotting it back in between the other two with one hand thing.

buying a pair of sunglasses the same colour as my eyes so that opponents couldn't detect pupil dilation was also a big milestone. oh and the time planet poker sent me a packet of fucking golf balls for some reason. what the fuck.

Kc
Old Jul 24, 2010, 2:54pm   #5
Smiling Jack
Fish

Smiling Jack is an unknown quantity at this point

Come on kil- where are we now- A pair over QQ or bettr would take- as the odds state of odds state
Smiling Jack est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2010, 2:57pm   #6
killcrazy
Apex Predator

killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

but the jam is prickly. we cannot hear the painting.

Kc
Old Jul 24, 2010, 4:25pm   #7
Snaggle
Professional

Snaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to behold
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Interrupts Kc's humorous gibberish to reply.

1. Murphy's law of variance-however improbable suck outs are either individually or combined they're going to happen and happen in worse combinations than predictable by expectation-one needs the bankroll to ride out any storm of chance.

2. That it's possible to break even or win (without ever having gotten any cards) through pure aggression.

3. Bluffing gets one action on ones real hands.

4. Kc is right about poker most of the time.

Why do people keep typing "GG" when I go AI in the short stack with 72o?
Snaggle est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2010, 6:26pm   #8
podbelski
Doyle Look-alike

podbelski is just really nicepodbelski is just really nicepodbelski is just really nicepodbelski is just really nicepodbelski is just really nice

Beleive it or not, never I was a losing NLH player, so can't think of what turned me into it

So well... I started from limit holdem some time ago, and could not win. Then someone told me about different concept - the fixed bets' amount is not necessary! So I moved to NLH and never looked back.
podbelski est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2010, 6:39pm   #9
Snaggle
Professional

Snaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to behold
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by podbelski View Post
Beleive it or not, never I was a losing NLH player, so can't think of what turned me into it

So well... I started from limit holdem some time ago, and could not win. Then someone told me about different concept - the fixed bets' amount is not necessary! So I moved to NLH and never looked back.
Technically I was never a losing player. I won at limit and did not lose my roll entirely when I switched to NL (just nearly).

Why do people keep typing "GG" when I go AI in the short stack with 72o?
Snaggle est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2010, 7:23pm   #10
podbelski
Doyle Look-alike

podbelski is just really nicepodbelski is just really nicepodbelski is just really nicepodbelski is just really nicepodbelski is just really nice

To be serious, I can think of this one: my life's got much easier after I stopped turning marginal made hands into bluffs just because I was lost and was afraid of being valuetowned/bluffed.
podbelski est déconnecté   Reply With Quote