THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Jul 31, 2010, 10:54pm   #21
podbelski
Doyle Look-alike

podbelski is just really nicepodbelski is just really nicepodbelski is just really nicepodbelski is just really nicepodbelski is just really nice

Yeah no offence from me as well!

I'll tell about myself tomorrow, guess this is kinda traditional thing...
podbelski est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Jul 31, 2010, 11:25pm   #22
killcrazy
Apex Predator

killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwoopAE View Post
Seriously though, no offense to the other people that have signed up in the last few months but this guy seems like he knows what he's talking about. Time will tell whether thats the case.
i wouldn't insult him by comparing him to the riff raff.

but returning to what i said to you earlier, understanding and application of understanding are not the same. pretty much everyone understands more than they can do.

Kc
Old Oct 30, 2010, 7:55am   #23
podbelski
Doyle Look-alike

podbelski is just really nicepodbelski is just really nicepodbelski is just really nicepodbelski is just really nicepodbelski is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovelldrew View Post
[size=2] "Losing" player is one who fold his cards. You cannot be a losing player without being a winning player. I know, that feels a little weird. It isn't.
ouch thats truly weird
is it sort of a Zen koan?

Last edited by podbelski; Oct 30, 2010 at 8:01am.
podbelski est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2010, 5:57pm   #24
Axis of Evil
fantasy champ

Axis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovelldrew View Post
A "winning" player is one who, over enough time and a sufficient number of hands for the data to be statistically reliable, takes more money off the table than he puts on it.

"Losing" player is one who fold his cards. You cannot be a losing player without being a winning player. I know, that feels a little weird. It isn't.
It is. I say that because you are comparing apples and oranges, or more precisely the definition of a winning player over the long run and the definition of a losing player over the shortest run possible. For direct comparison your model needs to be consistent, as well as share comparable variables. You cannot have a graph with an X-axis of both [$won] and [folding]. It is one or the other.

Plus your logic is flawed. If I always fold no matter what then I am a losing player because no amount of results "over time" matters. I never see a showdown. Plus you seem to be suggesting that only winning players ever fold, which is certainly not the case.

Your play on words is a sweet mind trick, no doubt, but that is all it is.
Axis of Evil est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2010, 6:28pm   #25
MikeAK47
Unproffesional

MikeAK47 is a name known to allMikeAK47 is a name known to allMikeAK47 is a name known to allMikeAK47 is a name known to allMikeAK47 is a name known to allMikeAK47 is a name known to all

I read some strategy guides to playing poker before I even sat down to play, I used to play with friends but never took it seriously, when I heard of online poker I investigated further and thought I'd jump on the bandwagon and be the next poker millionaire, read a few strategy articles, lost about $10, then put $50 online, started at $1 SNGs, ran ok, after a few months I played a 180man $4.40 and shipped my first one, after that I thought I was a poker GOD lol.

Now the pipe dream has faded and I just enjoy the game, I think lifetime I'm up about $2000 (about 1500 from online and 500 from my friends in homegames lol) which is nothing compared to these other guys on the forum. Only just started playing again recently , stuck $10 online to mess about and it has grown to $700 in a few months, I started in $2 SNGs again coz I never played for a while, I luckboxed my way to $100 with 4 buy ins lol, then it was easy to build it up, now I'm rolled for $20 SNGs but still playing the $10 ones coz I'm a bankroll nit, think I should give them a shot soon though.

My tip to a beginner would be to always start at the lowest stakes possible, no matter how rich you are, maybe not at 2NL lol but 10NL would be the biggest stake you can play as a beginner and not lose too much at first.