THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Aug 04, 2010, 4:35am   #1
SwoopAE
CAPITAO

SwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!
Default Another Rush River Spot

Do you bet here? Villain almost certainly has AA, possibly with diamonds, although that seems less likely after he checks the river. He can have other hands too but it's mostly AAxx.

If you do bet, how much? If you give up, what hand/hands that he isn't folding do you put him on?

Who likes a turn flat vs fold or raise?

Full Tilt Poker Game #22816329075: Table Vroom (6 max) - $0.50/$1 - Pot Limit Omaha Hi - 23:26:55 ET - 2010/08/03
Seat 1: BADBOYNEL ($224.70)
Seat 2: FishWhitChips ($364.10)
Seat 3: bigpapag82 ($44.45)
Seat 4: ipooallday ($426.85)
Seat 5: Scott Fischman ($94.50)
Seat 6: SwoopAE ($258.70)
BADBOYNEL posts the small blind of $0.50
FishWhitChips posts the big blind of $1
The button is in seat #6
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to SwoopAE [Kh 7d Js As]
bigpapag82 folds
ipooallday folds
Scott Fischman folds
SwoopAE raises to $3.50
BADBOYNEL folds
FishWhitChips raises to $11
SwoopAE calls $7.50
*** FLOP *** [3d Td 7s]
FishWhitChips bets $14.50
SwoopAE calls $14.50
*** TURN *** [3d Td 7s] [4s]
FishWhitChips bets $51.50
SwoopAE calls $51.50
*** RIVER *** [3d Td 7s 4s] [6d]
FishWhitChips checks

Last edited by SwoopAE; Aug 04, 2010 at 5:54am.
SwoopAE est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Aug 05, 2010, 1:45am   #2
SwoopAE
CAPITAO

SwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Joey, do you bluff this river? If so, how much?

How about my turn call, do you call, semibluff raise or fold? I'm assuming my K, J, 7 and spades are all live and the ace may or may not be and probably isn't

Last edited by SwoopAE; Aug 05, 2010 at 1:48am.
Old Aug 05, 2010, 2:26am   #3
joeyjoejoejr
Professional

joeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud of

I bluff this river against someone that is weighted to AAxx prelop especially if he would always bet the nut flush, everything got there and I would value bet a straight and maybe even two pair... not pot but like $124. But is he going to pot dry AA on this turn that seems really bad?

If you are really sure that he cant have a 5678ds or 78910ds type hand, raise/calling turn is probably good.

Are people really bad enough that they only 3 bet AAxx? In villian's spot 3betting crappy AAs is generally really bad especially this deep. His range should the top 25% or so of AA hands(any double suited and the best single suited) and a balanced range of other strong hands. Only if he thinks that you are likely to 4bet light often should he be 3betting most AAxx.

If I were villian I would fairly often ck/shove river with AdAxdxx, to induce bluffs and value bets that might hero fold a river bet.
joeyjoejoejr est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 05, 2010, 3:37am   #4
SwoopAE
CAPITAO

That's actually what happened, I bet 100 on the river, he checkshoved and I folded. He can have the naked Ad bluff a bit, but it's usually AdAx with a second diamond.

As I said his range isnt only aces, but at 100PLO when people 3bet its aces about 75%+ of the time, even this deep. For some villains it's 100%. For me it's probably around 40-45%. I don't know anything about this guy though since he isn't one of the main regs.

Last edited by SwoopAE; Aug 05, 2010 at 3:39am.