THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Aug 05, 2010, 5:25am   #1
GamblorSopsop
River Rat

GamblorSopsop will become famous soon enough
Default SNG Questions

Hey forum.

Trying out SnG's atm. Where can I get my hands on some good reading material, strategy wise? Any good sites to lean towards? Software I can download?

Also, should I be posting this thread in the Tournament section?

Cheers
GamblorSopsop est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Aug 05, 2010, 5:38am   #2
kmay06
Professional

kmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant future

You can get a trail of SNGwiz if you google, and it'll help you on your push/fold strategy.
Old Aug 05, 2010, 6:17am   #3
killcrazy
Apex Predator

killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

fold to the bubble then go nuts.

that's basically it, anything else is just wanking.

Kc
Old Aug 05, 2010, 9:02am   #4
CMBurns
Excellent....

CMBurns has a reputation beyond reputeCMBurns has a reputation beyond reputeCMBurns has a reputation beyond reputeCMBurns has a reputation beyond reputeCMBurns has a reputation beyond reputeCMBurns has a reputation beyond reputeCMBurns has a reputation beyond reputeCMBurns has a reputation beyond reputeCMBurns has a reputation beyond reputeCMBurns has a reputation beyond reputeCMBurns has a reputation beyond repute

if you want to take a serious shot then a must read is Moshman.

http://www.pokertips.org/forums/show...0&postcount=44
================================================== =
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenji View Post
CMBurns hast du noch einen Termin frei, nachdem du Phill Ivey gecoached hast?
Ich will auch so eine Art Chuck Norris im Onlinepoker werden.
CMBurns est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 05, 2010, 11:04am   #5
MikeAK47
Unproffesional

MikeAK47 is a name known to allMikeAK47 is a name known to allMikeAK47 is a name known to allMikeAK47 is a name known to allMikeAK47 is a name known to allMikeAK47 is a name known to all

http://www.amazon.com/Secrets-Sit-Go...ref=pd_sim_b_1

Also excellent book...
MikeAK47 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 05, 2010, 1:06pm   #6
GamblorSopsop
River Rat

Sweet Ill check the books out and download SNG Wizard. Lol and also stop wanking and fold till the bubble.

I also found this site sitandgoplanet.com, is it worth getting into? It offers a small free course/newsletter over a 4 week period, though I might check it out.
Old Aug 05, 2010, 1:16pm   #7
Boilermaker
Get off my lawn

Boilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by killcrazy View Post
fold to the bubble then go nuts.

that's basically it, anything else is just wanking.

Kc
+1, the fold button is your friend. nit = winning in these. So unfortunately also very boring.
Boilermaker est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 05, 2010, 1:22pm   #8
GamblorSopsop
River Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilermaker View Post
+1, the fold button is your friend. nit = winning in these. So unfortunately also very boring.
Im pretty determined atm, after losing a little bit of money in the last few months, so if its the right thing to do then I can stand a bit of boring. Still a total newb and I realise now that I way over extended myself
Old Aug 05, 2010, 9:57pm   #9
killcrazy
Apex Predator

killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamblorSopsop View Post
Im pretty determined atm, after losing a little bit of money in the last few months, so if its the right thing to do then I can stand a bit of boring. Still a total newb and I realise now that I way over extended myself
10 handed sng, the payouts are 50%. 30%, 20%. when the bubble bursts, 60% of the prize money is paid out. your strategy is to get some of that 60%.

in a big multitable tournament, there is great value in building a big stack early, because with a big stack you can push people around, gamble a little bit, and build a monster stack. with a monster stack you can go deep in the tournament and be in a position to win 50x your buyin or more. this doesn't apply in a sng, because the most you will ever win is 5x your buyin (minus juice) even if you crush everyone and take it down in 20 hands.

say you take a pure math flip on the first hand of two simultaneous sngs. on average you'll win one and lose the other. so in tournament A you now have a double stack, and in tournament B you are out. effectively you are now playing tournament A with a double buyin and would need to make the money just to break even. does this sound like a winning formula?

no, the correct strategy is to be alive in the endgame when the blinds become significant, hopefully with one player left to the money, when you can attack everyone else who is now also thinking about getting through the bubble into the money before they open up their game. all doubling up early really does for you in a sng is give you more of a cushion before you have to start shoving.

on the flip side, you can't let yourself fold away to nothing, you still need to have enough chips relative to the blinds to be able to put pressure on the BB when you do shove. you need to know which side of the shove/fold line you're on, this is where sng wiz comes in.

Kc
Old Aug 06, 2010, 3:27am   #10
SwoopAE
CAPITAO

SwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilermaker View Post
This

Play super tag until the bubble, then exploit situations where your opponent cant call without AA/KK etc

SnGs can be profitable but they are also boring because for the most part, overly aggressive play is not profitable

SwoopAE est déconnecté   Reply With Quote