THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Aug 28, 2010, 12:19am   #1
acehole_76
I found Kc...............

acehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Plo deep stake 6 max

HERO HAS 344 BBs
VILLIAN HAS 350 BBs

HERO posts the small blind of $0.50
VILLIAN posts the big blind of $1
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to HERO [Tc 7h 9s 8c]

hero raises to $3
villain calls

*** FLOP *** [6h Jc 7s]
HERO checks

VILLIAN bets $6

HERO raises pot ($18)

VILLIAN raises pot ($54)

HERO raises pot ($158)<---is it crazy to think he fold bottom or even middle set here?

VILLIAN raises ($105 more)

HERO raises calls and is all in

rush poker how do you play it and why?

fucking morons every one of you. there isn't a man in this village that i wouldn't feed into an incinerator for no reason other than to get rid of them.

Kc

Last edited by acehole_76; Aug 28, 2010 at 2:48am.
acehole_76 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Aug 28, 2010, 2:18am   #2
SwoopAE
CAPITAO

SwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Can we have the original HH with stack sizes please?

Also, how you played it seems fine, although there might be better lines if you're over 150bb deep

SwoopAE est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2010, 2:24am   #3
acehole_76

acehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwoopAE View Post
Can we have the original HH with stack sizes please?

Also, how you played it seems fine, although there might be better lines if you're over 150bb deep

we are more like 300 bb deep

also this is done from memory but it is very close dont have original HH.........

fucking morons every one of you. there isn't a man in this village that i wouldn't feed into an incinerator for no reason other than to get rid of them.

Kc

Last edited by acehole_76; Aug 28, 2010 at 2:49am.
Old Aug 28, 2010, 3:10am   #4
TWLLM

TWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to behold

When he re-raises to $54 it's not pretty. He's not folding. He just 3-bet your c/r when you were the preflop aggressor. I doubt he ever puts on you on a set.

I would probably just call the $54 without a read. Mostly because his range is heavily weighted to sets, against which you don't want to get it in because you know what cards make his hand, but he doesn't know exactly which cards make yours - leaves some semibluffing opportunities if there are so many chips left behind.

The interesting question is what to do if a straight card comes that you don't have (e.g a 4). It's not impossible that this guy has a lesser straight wrap instead of a set (e.g. a 20 'out' up and down, which is of course nowhere near 20 outs since we have so many of them). Otherwise, the turn would be more interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleU
Oh, and obviously, TWLLM, we'd all rather you just ruled with an iron fist of nittiness and made all decisions without consultation, but that goes without saying, right?
TWLLM est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2010, 5:58am   #5
SwoopAE
CAPITAO

SwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by acehole_76 View Post
HERO HAS 344 BBs
VILLIAN HAS 350 BBs

HERO posts the small blind of $0.50
VILLIAN posts the big blind of $1
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to HERO [Tc 7h 9s 8c]

hero raises to $3
villain calls

*** FLOP *** [6h Jc 7s]
HERO checks

VILLIAN bets $6

HERO raises pot ($18)

VILLIAN raises pot ($54)

HERO raises pot ($158)<---is it crazy to think he fold bottom or even middle set here?

VILLIAN raises ($105 more)

HERO raises calls and is all in

rush poker how do you play it and why?

Yes, he's never 3bet/folding a set there. He would flat your raise with these sets if he doesn't intend to play for stacks on the flop.

When he makes it 54, i'm tempted to peel since we can get away cheapish when our equity collapses on the turn if we brick and it's going to be hard for villain to fold a set (his likely holdings at this point) when we bet close to pot on the good turns.

Your line is fine since it's basically a flip and there's a slightly chance he's 3bet/folding some sort of 2p hand on the flop, but it's lower variance to flat his 3bet on the flop and either play for stacks or not on the turn, I guess.

Old Aug 28, 2010, 6:00am   #6
SwoopAE
CAPITAO

In general; TWLLM's analysis seems good here but i'm curious to hear what Joey thinks about this spot when villain almost always has a set. Is there a chance villain checks a set behind on the straight cards we don't have or does he think you're betting the turn 100% of the time rather than CRAI when you get there (which of course, you should be, since he has a set normally)

Old Sep 01, 2010, 4:32am   #7
joeyjoejoejr
Professional

joeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud of

I dont really like the flop ck raise this deep with anything here.

He will be able to call and out play you out of position with so much left behind. In a vaccum I would rather ck raise with the strong draw instead of a strong made hand since your hand will be a little more disguised and you can still go ahead and rep a set on a brick turn. But since I hate ck raising for value here Im not going to ck raise with just draws.

If you just get in on the flop its not that terrible but its not really a flip more like 55-45 for him even if he no blockers and no backdoor flush draws.
And because it is rush poker he probably is playing a bit tigher so he will often have some connected cards around the board. If he shares your two of cards like JJ108 your pretty fucked. He may play all of the JJ hands here preflop BvB but I suspect a lot of his 66 and 77 he calls a raise with will have side cards around the board.

So as played against a likely nit I just call the 54 and play fairly straight foward, just betting if I get there on turn. Ck folding on paired boards. On bricks it will be close if he pots since you will have about 32% equity getting 2 to 1. If you turn a back door flush draw call again for sure. if it comes a back door flush draw you dont have, consider ck folding.

But if you had any reason at all to believe he might play back at your ck raise with some rebluffs it was probably best to ship in on the flop. I could see some very good players making a flop rebluff here without much of a hand. If I did make this ck raise in my games I would probably just stick it in.

(By way something to consider is given how insant you guys have all put him on a set, wouldnt him rebluffing here be a fairly good play with as little as one jack to block most top set combos )

Last edited by joeyjoejoejr; Sep 01, 2010 at 4:53am.
joeyjoejoejr est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 09, 2010, 11:36am   #8
Snaggle
Professional

Snaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to behold
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

did you hit your 7 out str8?

Why do people keep typing "GG" when I go AI in the short stack with 72o?
Snaggle est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 09, 2010, 12:14pm   #9
acehole_76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggle View Post
did you hit your 7 out str8?

yes

turn 9

river 5

ship it

villian had

J77A

Kc