THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum

Go Back   PokerTips.org Forums > Strategy > No-Limit Hold'em Ring Games

Old Sep 08, 2010, 11:54pm   #1
juicetoocool
Doyle Look-alike

juicetoocool is on a distinguished road
Default 4 hour session... 3 big hands

Thanks again everyone that takes their time to help me!

Does the villain has a flush draw rather than set enough of the time here to get the money in? reraise looks strong.

$0.05/$0.10 No Limit Holdem
AbsolutePoker
8 Players
Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
UTG DINEKB ($2)
UTG+1 JAMES934 ($6.73)
MP1 LADO1677 ($6.13)
MP2 Hero ($19.18)
CO FLOPRO ($3.22)
BTN LAZYME ($4.75)
SB PACKARD36 ($1.80)
BB JAC5373 ($10)

Pre-Flop: ($0.15, 8 players) Hero is MP2
2 folds, LADO1677 calls $0.10, Hero raises to $0.45, 3 folds, JAC5373 calls $0.35, LADO1677 calls $0.35

Flop: ($1.40, 3 players)
JAC5373 checks, LADO1677 bets $1.40, Hero raises to $3, JAC5373 raises to $6, LADO1677 folds, $3 to Hero ($15.73)?

A lot of options running through my head here, none of which seem good, so which do you think is the best? Reraise/call shove, reraise fold, call then check fold turn, call then bet fold turn. I think that call, check fold turn would be best because he is not betting A10 here or worse on the turn, and he likely won't bet the flush draw.

AbsolutePoker
8 Players

Stacks:
UTG Hero ($10)
UTG+1 AVON1000 ($6.29)
MP1 DINEKB ($2)
MP2 BERMSNUTS ($6.36)
CO LYSANDER07 ($7.93)
BTN BRAINPOP ($5)
SB MRMAB ($10.97)
BB CAPT___RON ($8.17)

Pre-Flop: ($0.15, 8 players) Hero is UTG
Hero raises to $0.35, AVON1000 calls $0.35, 5 folds, CAPT___RON calls $0.25

Flop: ($1.10, 3 players)
CAPT___RON checks, Hero bets $0.85, AVON1000 raises to $1.70, CAPT___RON folds, $0.85 to Hero ($8.?

And this one bothered me the most. I can't think of anything that the villain is betting out with here that we have beat. Seems too big for a flush draw bet. What do you think, fold here is ok?

AbsolutePoker
8 Players

Stacks:
UTG MELNYKIE ($5.25)
UTG+1 Hero ($13.14)
MP1 SRAIDER2386 ($5.61)
MP2 BIGRED777777 ($15.68)
CO COWBOYROMO ($5.44)
BTN BRAINPOP ($5)
SB DFI3 ($10.35)
BB OH-YES-HE-DID ($1.15)

Pre-Flop: ($0.15, 8 players) Hero is UTG+1
1 fold, Hero raises to $0.35, SRAIDER2386 calls $0.35, 3 folds, DFI3 calls $0.30, OH-YES-HE-DID calls $0.25

Flop: ($1.40, 4 players)
DFI3 bets $1.25, 1 fold, $1.25 to Hero ($12.79)?

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Sep 09, 2010, 12:01am   #2
DirtySanchez80
Professional

DirtySanchez80 has a reputation beyond reputeDirtySanchez80 has a reputation beyond reputeDirtySanchez80 has a reputation beyond reputeDirtySanchez80 has a reputation beyond reputeDirtySanchez80 has a reputation beyond reputeDirtySanchez80 has a reputation beyond reputeDirtySanchez80 has a reputation beyond reputeDirtySanchez80 has a reputation beyond reputeDirtySanchez80 has a reputation beyond reputeDirtySanchez80 has a reputation beyond reputeDirtySanchez80 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to DirtySanchez80

Hand 1-2 are pretty much cash money.. dont be scared. u have a huge hands both times and u dont need to make sick herofolds on nl10. Also the guy has just 60bb.. and u'll never fold against such a small stack.

Hand 3 u call flop and look at his betsize on the turn.. i dunno if u use a hud and if this guy is just wildly betting all the time.. if he is just a nit i would fold. But its not uncommon that ppl lead out with their Flushdraws or random crap.

DirtySanchez80 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 09, 2010, 12:05am   #3
juicetoocool
Doyle Look-alike

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtySanchez80 View Post
Hand 1-2 are pretty much cash money.. dont be scared. u have a huge hands both times and u dont need to make sick herofolds on nl10. Also the guy has just 60bb.. and u'll never fold against such a small stack.

Hand 3 u call flop and look at his betsize on the turn.. i dunno if u use a hud and if this guy is just wildly betting all the time.. if he is just a nit i would fold. But its not uncommon that ppl lead out with their Flushdraws or random crap.
Thanks.
I think people may be underestimating the play at NL10 at this site. I'm just about to start at full tilt and cake (rakeback is great) but I find that I was losing a lot of money by not folding, and the only big winning session I did play I did make some big folds (10k hands only). Maybe I am just getting in a lot of bad spots/being too results oriented.
Old Sep 09, 2010, 12:31am   #4
joeyjoejoejr
Professional

joeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud of

I think DirtySanchez may have misread the action in the first hand as another player with a fullstack is the one that reraised. But anyhow dont fold after you put in 3$ if you have no reads.

His raise is obviously looks very strong but your getting great odds and its to likely he is doing something stupid at these stakes and you still may have some suck out equity if behind. Dont minraise the flop , make it lat least 4.40 or maybe even just shove.

But yeah Hand 2 just shove over him, and Hand 3 is usually a call for now fold the flop if he has nittier stats.
joeyjoejoejr est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 09, 2010, 2:36am   #5
juicetoocool
Doyle Look-alike

I'm posting this during a session here. One thing I have noticed is out of ALL the regulars, the only profitable ones play very tight
11/8
8/4
10/5
10/6
Those are the 4 profitable regs I have a 1500+ hands on.

That seems pretty messed to me...
Old Sep 09, 2010, 3:30pm   #6
podbelski
Doyle Look-alike

podbelski is just really nicepodbelski is just really nicepodbelski is just really nicepodbelski is just really nicepodbelski is just really nice

Is it too bad to call in Hand1 and shove safe turn? I see it might be good, the only problem is any picture/9/heart are bad turn cards IMO...

For your last post, I guess it's because all the winning players with some imagination are playing higher limits, and at NL10 there are only losing fish, losing/breakeven reg-wannabes, and nits like you mentioned who log just tons of premium hands and are not going to ever upgrade their style.

BTW, why don't you play 6max?

Last edited by podbelski; Sep 09, 2010 at 3:33pm.
podbelski est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2010, 3:57am   #7
juicetoocool
Doyle Look-alike

Quote:
Originally Posted by podbelski View Post
Is it too bad to call in Hand1 and shove safe turn? I see it might be good, the only problem is any picture/9/heart are bad turn cards IMO...

For your last post, I guess it's because all the winning players with some imagination are playing higher limits, and at NL10 there are only losing fish, losing/breakeven reg-wannabes, and nits like you mentioned who log just tons of premium hands and are not going to ever upgrade their style.

BTW, why don't you play 6max?
Why would I play 6max ? More action/room to outplay?
Old Sep 10, 2010, 10:00am   #8
podbelski
Doyle Look-alike

podbelski is just really nicepodbelski is just really nicepodbelski is just really nicepodbelski is just really nicepodbelski is just really nice

Can't really say why it is stricly better to play 6max, cause probably it is not.

Less players => looser game => more action => more fun. Also, I hate first 3 positions in FR cause they should play basically super-premiums only... Also, good average winrate @FR is about 2BB/100, whereas @6max it is not less than 3BB/100, more potential profit.

So, I'm not saying you have to play 6max, I just don't quite understand people who play solely FR. If you mix the games basing on your taste then it's ok, but if you sitting @FR only I'm curious why...
podbelski est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2010, 7:50am   #9
juicetoocool
Doyle Look-alike

I would love to play 6 max but think I might get outplayed, you got me interested though i'll give it a shot
Old Sep 11, 2010, 6:41pm   #10
kmay06
Professional

kmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by juicetoocool View Post
I would love to play 6 max but think I might get outplayed, you got me interested though i'll give it a shot
The idea is that in 6 max you have more chances to outplay your opponents, and more of the game is marginal decisions that are only slightly -/+ev and much less obvious, thus a better player should make more.