THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Oct 21, 2010, 9:56pm   #1
Snaggle
Professional

Snaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to behold
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!
Default Spanish Short stackers

They don't act like normal shorties. It's like they all attended the same short stacking school: none of them can play deep stacked; they all buy in for 1/5 of a buy in and have an AI range something like 77+, AJ+ KQs, AQ+ KQ. My call range for one of their shoves is: 99+; AKs and AK. This seems profitable against them; but I don't have enough hands to be certain.

Anyone have a decent sample of them with their real range and win rates all for SHNL?

Why do people keep typing "GG" when I go AI in the short stack with 72o?
Snaggle est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Oct 21, 2010, 11:22pm   #2
kmay06
Professional

kmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant future

racist ban
Old Oct 21, 2010, 11:41pm   #3
Snaggle
Professional

Snaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to behold
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmay06 View Post
racist ban
Lol, would have to be "nationalist" and I don't have a "nationality" my Family having lived in the Americas for 400 years. All of the Europeans have slight differences in the way they play; but these Spanish players have a very exaggerated cookie cutter style of play, as I said like there's a Spanish school for short stackers.

Old Oct 22, 2010, 12:39am   #4
Red4Eva
Grinder

Red4Eva is a splendid one to beholdRed4Eva is a splendid one to beholdRed4Eva is a splendid one to beholdRed4Eva is a splendid one to beholdRed4Eva is a splendid one to beholdRed4Eva is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
racist ban
Red4Eva est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2010, 1:11am   #5
Snaggle
Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red4Eva View Post
Excuse me, exactly how is saying the Spanish players have a very distinct style of play "racist". Maybe saying they have a distinct style of fencing is "racist"
too. There is next to no poker discussion at poker tips and when one tries to st art some one gets called "racist". Even hard to image how one can think one white talking about other whites could be racist anyway.

Old Oct 22, 2010, 1:22am   #6
joeyjoejoejr
Professional

joeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud of

A professional short stacker range is almost certainly dependent on their position .

There are some shorties with the strategy to open jam their entire range. I wouldnt think to much about the spanish factor.

Your calling range is probably too loose against a UTG open jam on a FR table and to tight in LP position battles assuming they have some competency.
joeyjoejoejr est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2010, 3:18am   #7
kmay06
Professional

kmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggle View Post
Lol, would have to be "nationalist" and I don't have a "nationality" my Family having lived in the Americas for 400 years. All of the Europeans have slight differences in the way they play; but these Spanish players have a very exaggerated cookie cutter style of play, as I said like there's a Spanish school for short stackers.
nationalist ban.
Old Oct 22, 2010, 3:56am   #8
Snaggle
Professional

Quote:
nationalist ban.
Truly illogical Even talking about nationalism, how can saying the Spanish, French of Germans have distinct styles of cooking; fencing or of talking be called nationalist, especially as I don't have a nationality being of very mixed European descent?

Old Oct 22, 2010, 4:07am   #9
kmay06
Professional

You said they all went to the same school, meaning they all think the same and lack individuality. Then you called all Spaniards short, but that they don't act like most short people You also said they like to shove (they are violent).

So you called Spaniards short voilent mindless players imo.
Old Oct 22, 2010, 4:28am   #10
Snaggle
Professional

Quote:
You said they all went to the same school, meaning they all think the same and lack individuality. Then you called all Spaniards short, but that they don't act like most short people You also said they like to shove (they are violent).

So you called Spaniards short voilent mindless players imo.
More silliness, don't read or post drunk please (unless a wolf). I called no Spaniard short. Shoving in poker is not an act of violence nor is anything done in the game of poker more than a game. When talking about a style of play that most Spanish players are using one is saying nothing about Spaniards generally outside of poker. There are cultural differences between peoples, observing them is not nationalism.